Sexuality And Libido Through A Peat Prism

haidut

Forum Supporter
I meant any bioidentical supplements.

Nothing beyond the P5P and vitamin E I mentioned in that post. I may have also taken some theanine as it also lowers serotonin and increases dopamine but that's pretty much it.

sladerunner69

I am taking stressnon pregnenlone in an effort to increase my allopregnenelone and testosterone.

I just got the bottle it states a full 20 drops only contains 20mg? is this pregenenlone auppose to be far more potent than oral preg? i dont want to take 100+ drops per day obviously

haidut

Forum Supporter
I am taking stressnon pregnenlone in an effort to increase my allopregnenelone and testosterone.

I just got the bottle it states a full 20 drops only contains 20mg? is this pregenenlone auppose to be far more potent than oral preg? i dont want to take 100+ drops per day obviously

The absorption is close to 100% and DMSO also potentiates steroid effects. So, in reality the 20mg StressNon is probably equivalent to 200mg oral pregnenolone. If you can go through the StressNon thread and see some of the testimonials there. Many people found they don't even need the full dose to experience an strong positive effect.

sladerunner69

The absorption is close to 100% and DMSO also potentiates steroid effects. So, in reality the 20mg StressNon is probably equivalent to 200mg oral pregnenolone. If you can go through the StressNon thread and see some of the testimonials there. Many people found they don't even need the full dose to experience an strong positive effect.

Whoa 10x? I kind of find that hard to believe. isnt oral supposed to be the most bioavailable method? i dont see how 20mg of preg could multiply into 200mg of oral where oral is already being nearly 100% absorbed...

But maybe thats why I had such a heavy experience from my fieat dose of 20mg. I felt kind more positive and energetix but also pretty anxious. That ideally means it is mostly converting into progesterone and allopregnenelone and I should just lower the dose. will try 5mg at a time tomorrow.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Whoa 10x? I kind of find that hard to believe. isnt oral supposed to be the most bioavailable method? i dont see how 20mg of preg could multiply into 200mg of oral where oral is already being nearly 100% absorbed...

But maybe thats why I had such a heavy experience from my fieat dose of 20mg. I felt kind more positive and energetix but also pretty anxious. That ideally means it is mostly converting into progesterone and allopregnenelone and I should just lower the dose. will try 5mg at a time tomorrow.

It's not only about absortion, it's about steroid entry into the cell and its effects there. DMSO has been found to potentiate the effects of pretty much any steroid it has been used with. It's even on the Wiki page. I know of diabetics who do their own insulin solutions in DMSO so that they can use a lot less insulin per dose.

Jsaute21

@haidut When you were in a poor metabolic state, i assume you were eating often throughout the day during this time? I ask because it is impressive to reach that hormonal status while being relatively hypo metabolic.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut, thoughts on above?

Yes, I was eating 4-5 meals a day. Was using powdered protein at the time and not so much food as I was having digestive issues.

Jsaute21

Impressive to have that level of testosterone while being relatively Hypo. Good genes i suppose on your part.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Impressive to have that level of testosterone while being relatively Hypo. Good genes i suppose on your part.

Doubt it's the genes. When I was a competitive college rower my T levels was in the bottom 25%. Few sports compare to rowing in terms of intensity during the 6min - 20min of racing and that is more than enough to absolutely ruin your thyroid. Recovering from that chronic stress is probably the main reason.

NathanK

Aw, this thread makes me nostalgic! Probably one of the main threads that got me hooked on the forum (took me a year to even post after that!). Lot's of great nuggets. Haidut's experimentations in this thread are undoubtedly some of the most replicated on this forum lol
:happynewyear

AlexFergus

Doubt it's the genes. When I was a competitive college rower my T levels was in the bottom 25%. Few sports compare to rowing in terms of intensity during the 6min - 20min of racing and that is more than enough to absolutely ruin your thyroid. Recovering from that chronic stress is probably the main reason.

Hi Haidut,
I searched this forum for 'rowing' and found your post. I used to do a lot of rowing in my early 20's (now 29) and was toying with the idea to get back into the sport. Despite it's insane pain, I grew to love the tranquility of being on the water and the repetition in the erg sessions.

But I have my own lingering health issues (low Testosterone, less than ideal thyroid, low libido etc). I know taking up rowing isn't going to help my cause, but I figured I could do it a little smarter this time round, along with less volume. Or am I simply crazy? If the latter, do you have any other sports that may suit be better without the damage. I used to powerlift and bodybuild (natural) at a pretty high level, but I miss 'racing' others - hence the rowing temptation...

The other idea is sprint track cycling - pure sprints. I would love to hear your thoughts?

navajo26354

After about 2 years of almost incessant researching and reading Peat's books, articles, and interviews I nailed (pun intended) a formula that works wonders for me. The explanation is simple - focus on diet and supplements that reduce prolactin, reduce serotonin, reduce estrogen, increase dopamine, increase testosterone, lower cortisol. So, my ingredients are as follows:

1. About 140g of protein daily in divided doses. My protein is a mix I make. I ordered some pure whey, pure casein, and pure gelatin powder. Both the whey and casein I order say on the label they have no added tryptophan and cysteine, which is important because most commercial whey and casein do have those two amino acids added on top of what is naturally present in the protein itself. The label also lists the amount of each amino acid in 100g of protein and both tryptophan and cystein are very low. I make a mixture of about 70g that I take in the morning and evening for a total of 140g. The mixture is as follows: 20g whey, 20g casein, 30g gelatin. I mix that powder dry and then use a tablespoon to ingest it and chase down with some orange juice.
2. Supplements: vitamin E (lowers both prolactin and estrogen), zinc (lowers both prolactin and estrogen), vitamin B6 (lowers prolactin and in old studies from the 1970s seems to be acting as an agonist of dopamine "receptors", BCAA (compete with tryptophan for transport into the brain so taking them lowers serotonin to achieve an effect similar to that magical substance RP mentions called P-chloro-phenylalanine), Magnesium (improves excretion of estrogen from the body). Dosage: 30mg zinc (as zinc gluconate), 5 mg B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride), 2000mg mixed tocoherols (not a typo - yes I mean 2000mg and not 2000IU), 3500mg BCAA.
The studies on the effects of tocopherol, zinc, and B6 on estrogen, prolactin, etc I already posted in my other posts. Here are the studies on BCAA depleting serotonin, and if combined with phenylalanine and tyrosine (from the 140g of protein) increasing dopamine:
Large neutral amino acids: dietary effects on brain neurochemistry and function. - PubMed - NCBI
Evidence that the branched-chain amino acid L-valine prevents exercise-induced release of 5-HT in rat hippocampus. - PubMed - NCBI
Branched-chain amino acids alter neurobehavioral function in rats. - PubMed - NCBI
Effects of high-dose large neutral amino acid supplementation on exercise, motor skill, and mental performance in Australian Rules Football players. - PubMed - NCBI
A comparison of the effects of intravenous infusion of individual branched-chain amino acids on blood amino acid levels in man. - PubMed - NCBI
Diminished central fatigue by inhibition of the L-system transporter for the uptake of tryptophan. - PubMed - NCBI
Leucine and tryptophan metabolism in rats.
http://intl-physiologyonline.physiology ... 5/260.full
Sign In
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1353076/

RESULTS: OH MY GOOD HOLLY GAWD OF THIS FAIR WORLD!!!

Out of respect for the women in this forum I won't go into details publicly, but try to remember your high school days and you'll get some idea:)
I know RP mentioned that insatiable desire could be a symptom of high estrogen, but this was different. Not insatiable, rather extremely intense and focused. I can't share more without being graphic...
Not to mention that I did blood tests on myself. Total testosterone was above 1500ng/dl, which is the highest the lab equipment would measure. So mine was higher but they could not determine how high. A level of 900ng/dl is consdiered very high and the upper limit for modern males. I am not sure I'd recommend this state of affairs as something to be maintained long term. I just did it as an experiment that what I learned from Peat and my other sources does work as intended.

Anyways, if you have specific questions just ask.
So has this continued to work for you? I'm struggling with sexual dysfunction and am at my breaking point. Any advice would be appreciated.

haidut

Forum Supporter
So has this continued to work for you? I'm struggling with sexual dysfunction and am at my breaking point. Any advice would be appreciated.

This is almost 4 years old. Not sure what the issues you face are but maybe you can start a separate thread and describe the issues there.

navajo26354

This is almost 4 years old. Not sure what the issues you face are but maybe you can start a separate thread and describe the issues there.
That sounds like a good idea. I'm new to this forum so I'll see if I can get a new thread going. I've been fighting this for so long and it's absolutely driving me nuts. Thank you so much for you quick reply.

Erharris

I'm new here...Im in a horrible situation...its been 20 months. I have screwed my endocrine system up so bad from abusing and coming off cold turkey of AAS....steroids. it's caused me to be horribly depressed, anxiety, rapid aging, becoming old and ugly overnight...I was a pretty attractive guy at one time. My skin looks awful, lost all my muscle...ive been impotent for 20 months, no libido, no blood flow at all to extremities...my manhood is atrophying. I haven't worked in a year and half due to be debilitated by this. Is there anyway to contact Ray Peat? Im a close to suicidal as can be...been fighting it for 22 months...need help!!

Jsaute21

I'm new here...Im in a horrible situation...its been 20 months. I have screwed my endocrine system up so bad from abusing and coming off cold turkey of AAS....steroids. it's caused me to be horribly depressed, anxiety, rapid aging, becoming old and ugly overnight...I was a pretty attractive guy at one time. My skin looks awful, lost all my muscle...ive been impotent for 20 months, no libido, no blood flow at all to extremities...my manhood is atrophying. I haven't worked in a year and half due to be debilitated by this. Is there anyway to contact Ray Peat? Im a close to suicidal as can be...been fighting it for 22 months...need help!!

Suicide is never the option brother! Please view this condition as temporary as healing is entirely possible. @haidut is the most knowledgeable dude regarding hormones I have come across and hopefully will have some thoughts.

1.) how is your diet currently? Need to eat calories and preferably good ones with plenty of micronutrients. Orange juice, milk, grass fed meat, white rice, dark chocolate without soy, coffee etc.

2.) what supplements have you used since getting off roids? How long were you on juice?

Last edited by a moderator:

LukeL

Hey man although it may not seem possible all of those symptoms can be reversed - even looking older and less attractive...you'd be amazed how much better you can look when you're diet and hormones are balanced. Hang in there man

docall18

I would stop ALL supplements & protein powders if you are taking any. As Ray said and I eventually found out, people improve only after quitting supplements.

Then get your diet sorted. You liver and digestive system is probably screwed from juicing. Initially start on coffee, sugar, honey, dairy, eggs, coke, shellfish, liver, dates, raw carrot, coconut oil.

You want ZERO processed foods, starch, OJ (commercial quality issues), Pufa, poorly ripened fruits.

Keep increasing coffee. This will clear up your liver as long as endotoxin is kept low by diet.

You will be amazed that big changes can happen quickly. However you will need to be fairly strict with you diet initially until your health improves.

Prosper

Keep increasing coffee. This will clear up your liver as long as endotoxin is kept low by diet.

Is this liver clear up stressful to body? Could it explain why coffee starts to make me feel spaced out after a few days of consecutive use but caffeine tablets don't?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals