Sexuality And Libido Through A Peat Prism

Mr.Cacciatore

I had many many problems with libido and i didn't figure it out why. I am Testosterone Replacement Therapy and i am trying to understand the effect of exogenous testosterone on upstream hormones. Does injecting testosterone lower pregnenolone, progesterone and dhea levels? Since i am on TRT seems that i become extremely sensitive to progesterone, to the point 10 mg of pregennolone a day completely mess my libido, make my penis shrinks and make it feel totally numb. What could be the cause? Ray and Haidut said that testosterone can have a progesterone like effect, so maybe that in addition to more progesterone for pregnenolone (and maybe taking testosterone makes pregnenolone to convert entirely on progesterone) gives me that horrible sexual side effect.

Scenes

I had many many problems with libido and i didn't figure it out why. I am Testosterone Replacement Therapy and i am trying to understand the effect of exogenous testosterone on upstream hormones. Does injecting testosterone lower pregnenolone, progesterone and dhea levels? Since i am on TRT seems that i become extremely sensitive to progesterone, to the point 10 mg of pregennolone a day completely mess my libido, make my penis shrinks and make it feel totally numb. What could be the cause? Ray and Haidut said that testosterone can have a progesterone like effect, so maybe that in addition to more progesterone for pregnenolone (and maybe taking testosterone makes pregnenolone to convert entirely on progesterone) gives me that horrible sexual side effect.
It’s not that simple imo. Pregnenolone gives some guys the shrunken bits, but progesterone solo doesn’t necessarily have the same effect.

Experienced

After about 2 years of almost incessant researching and reading Peat's books, articles, and interviews I put together a formula that seems to work pretty well for me. The explanation is simple - focus on diet and supplements that reduce prolactin, reduce serotonin, reduce estrogen, increase dopamine, increase testosterone, lower cortisol. So, my ingredients are as follows:

1. About 140g of protein daily in divided doses. My protein is a mix I make. I ordered some pure whey, pure casein, and pure gelatin powder. Both the whey and casein I order say on the label they have no added tryptophan and cysteine, which is important because most commercial whey and casein do have those two amino acids added on top of what is naturally present in the protein itself. The label also lists the amount of each amino acid in 100g of protein and both tryptophan and cystein are very low. I make a mixture of about 70g that I take in the morning and evening for a total of 140g. The mixture is as follows: 20g whey, 20g casein, 30g gelatin. I mix that powder dry and then use a tablespoon to ingest it and chase down with some orange juice.
2. Supplements: vitamin E (lowers both prolactin and estrogen), zinc (lowers both prolactin and estrogen), vitamin B6 (lowers prolactin and in old studies from the 1970s seems to be acting as an agonist of dopamine "receptors", BCAA (compete with tryptophan for transport into the brain so taking them lowers serotonin to achieve an effect similar to that magical substance RP mentions called P-chloro-phenylalanine), Magnesium (improves excretion of estrogen from the body). Dosage: 30mg zinc (as zinc gluconate), 5 mg B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride), 2000mg mixed tocoherols (not a typo - yes I mean 2000mg and not 2000IU), 3500mg BCAA.
The studies on the effects of tocopherol, zinc, and B6 on estrogen, prolactin, etc I already posted in my other posts. Here are the studies on BCAA depleting serotonin, and if combined with phenylalanine and tyrosine (from the 140g of protein) increasing dopamine:
Large neutral amino acids: dietary effects on brain neurochemistry and function. - PubMed - NCBI
Evidence that the branched-chain amino acid L-valine prevents exercise-induced release of 5-HT in rat hippocampus. - PubMed - NCBI
Branched-chain amino acids alter neurobehavioral function in rats. - PubMed - NCBI
Effects of high-dose large neutral amino acid supplementation on exercise, motor skill, and mental performance in Australian Rules Football players. - PubMed - NCBI
A comparison of the effects of intravenous infusion of individual branched-chain amino acids on blood amino acid levels in man. - PubMed - NCBI
Diminished central fatigue by inhibition of the L-system transporter for the uptake of tryptophan. - PubMed - NCBI
Leucine and tryptophan metabolism in rats.
http://intl-physiologyonline.physiology ... 5/260.full
Effect of L-Leucine-Supplemented Diet on the Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide Content of Rat Liver | The Journal of Nutrition | Oxford Academic
Effect of total hepatectomy and administration of branched-chain amino acids on regional norepinephrine, dopamine, and amino acids in rat brain.

I did some blood tests too. Total testosterone was above 1500ng/dl, which is the highest the lab equipment would measure. So mine was higher but they could not determine how high. A level of 900ng/dl is considered very high and the upper limit for modern males. I am not sure I'd recommend this state of affairs as something to be maintained long term considering T easily aromatizes when it stays elevated for a few days. I just did it as an experiment that what I learned from Peat and my other sources does work as intended.
@haidut are you still doing this?

DuggaDugga

Bumping this old thread.

I am going invest in labs and supplements to test a version of this stack on myself.

I would like to test a simplified version and am soliciting suggestions/feedback from everyone before I embark.

Proposed stack:
- 100g+ of protein per day (dietary + gelatin supplementation + whey protein). I'll keep methionine/tryptophan/cysteine to a minimum, but will need to eat muscle meat in some capacity to hit that overall protein intake. I don't think I'm going to be able to split it up into more then 2-3 meals. I just don't eat that often. But when I do eat muscle meat I'll take with BCAA, gelatin, and phenylalanine. Will eat half can of oysters per day, whey protein after the gym, plenty of low fat milk)
- 3500mg BCAA (here)
- Tyrosine (here)
- Phenylalanine (here)
- Daily vitamin K2, vitamin E (idealabs)
- Daily thyroid and pregnenolone (Idealabs)

Everything else is dietary. I don't want that complicated of a stack, but open to feedback. I'm going to shoot to start the test later this week, or as soon as all the pieces of the stack arrive.

Let me know if anyone has questions/suggestions.

DuggaDugga

Bumping this old thread.

I am going invest in labs and supplements to test a version of this stack on myself.

I would like to test a simplified version and am soliciting suggestions/feedback from everyone before I embark.

Proposed stack:
- 100g+ of protein per day (dietary + gelatin supplementation + whey protein). I'll keep methionine/tryptophan/cysteine to a minimum, but will need to eat muscle meat in some capacity to hit that overall protein intake. I don't think I'm going to be able to split it up into more then 2-3 meals. I just don't eat that often. But when I do eat muscle meat I'll take with BCAA, gelatin, and phenylalanine. Will eat half can of oysters per day, whey protein after the gym, plenty of low fat milk)
- 3500mg BCAA (here)
- Tyrosine (here)
- Phenylalanine (here)
- Daily vitamin K2, vitamin E (idealabs)
- Daily thyroid and pregnenolone (Idealabs)

Everything else is dietary. I don't want that complicated of a stack, but open to feedback. I'm going to shoot to start the test later this week, or as soon as all the pieces of the stack arrive.

Let me know if anyone has questions/suggestions.
No thoughts on this? @haidut