Wow-what A Difference!

OP
C

caroline

Mmm, that didn't really make sense. What I meant was that I am concerned about creating dependency on thyroid and not allowing my thyroid to correct itself. I am not really in a rush to make everything perfect. I seem to heal very quickly when what I do is working for me, just as i go downhill equally quickly when I am doing something injurious. For example, the potatoes. Did not have them for two days--joint pain was gone. It appears they are aggravating. I am not absolutely positive, but I think so.

I question the carrot--is the carotene problematic? Is this a PUFA issue? Or is the whole point of the carrot, as someone mentioned, (can't remember who), that the benefits outweigh the advantages.

Also, same with the protein. I had a bite of ground beef this am along with my two egg yolks and gelatin. I do feel a slight "buzz" from the B1. I think it is that, b/c I don't get that sensation from the niacinamide. I do also notice that typical stimulants do not seem to have the same effect on me. Coffee--rarely creates nervousness, niacinamide does not induce drowsiness, and B1 does not seem to energize me. What's up with that?
Also, I am going back to my previous way of drinking OJ. Not mixing it with milk, just drinking a little at a time. I think making the orange julius concoction does make me sleepy. Wow. Lots of rambling.

Peata

Edited, I had asked some questions but then saw the answers when I re-read your post.

OP
C

caroline

Hi Peata,

I just did it this morning. (The 1500). I have been taking one at a time at 500 mg. each. I also tried taking 1500 3 times a day as Haidut was doing. I didn't really notice much, but felt buzzed. I always took this in conjunction with the niacinamide AND the B complex. I am going to go get more--another brand, and will report back about what i notice. I may not take 1500 two more times, though. It seems like a hassle, and then my capsules are gone in like 5 days.

Can you tell me if 5 mg of the B6 (part of the B complex) seems like a safe amount? As I mentioned, (not that it was easy to find in that mess), I started taking even less of that today

Peata

caroline said:
Just read the other part of your post. How much of the B6 do you take now, Peata? I have been taking one capsule of the B complex, which was 5mg of B6, b/c Haidut mentioned Ray said not to take 10 mg of B6. Do you think that is an okay amount? It's funny bc I took 1/3 of that amount by opening my capsule and only taking part this morning.

I think you are right about the B vitamins. Also, after reading your post on zinc, I have been taking 25 mg of zinc. What else do you think we are missing? I don't do thyroid medication. I don't want to go there at this point. I have no idea bout my thyroid b/c I haven't gone to the doctor. Right now I am working this way; I am also concerned about what potential downsides there are to taking thyroid although I know it is highly promoted by Ray and that many on here take it.

Also, I noticed reading some of your posts (I love when you post-I learn a lot) that you had issues during menstrual times. Mine has been easy since I started this; despite drinking coffee, which always seemed to exasperate it. I didn't really notice breast tenderness much at all.

I think you are right about the weight thing; I think I have been highly deficient in vitamins/nutrients, etc. I did speak to my mother yesterday and she had thyroid problems starting in her 30's and has been on it ever since. I get a little stressed reading about people trying to figure it out and also, being dependent on it, and wondering if it will cause more problems. Probably, this is irrational, but I"m not sure.

The change in anxiety is massive so far. The energy, as I mentioned is still iffy. Some days I still wake up feeling sort of tired inside, which is a crappy feeling. I also notice that the best formula is for me to eat IMMEDIATELY upon waking. Always. And take the supplements immediately, always with food--protein, fat, sugar, etc.

I was taking from 25 mg. to 100 mg. B6, but with all the warnings out there about nerve damage, I reduced my dose to maybe 10 mg. This lower dose I was on for about a week and my symptoms came back (swelling, breast tenderness, etc.) I am hoping the Vitex dose the same job the B6 was doing in lower prolactin, but I'm still going to look into that other safer form of B6.

5 mg. daily should be fine. I was getting smaller amounts in other B supplements, but it was the higher doses that gave me noticeable benefits with bloating and FBD.

I still take some zinc most days.

I don't take thyroid either. I think I can get a handle on this without it, and I also won't be able to get any tests for a while anyway. I would rather use foods and supplements if I can, rather than having to order thyroid and experiment. It seems precarious to work with, but that's just me.

Do you think your improvement with anxiety is mostly due to niacinamide?

OP
C

caroline

I thought of something positive. My hair has grown like CRAZY. I cut my bangs a few weeks ago, and like two weeks later, they were already in my eyes again. Also, my eyebrows look as thick as they ever were, AND this stupid bald-ish part that got that way after I tweezed it like many many years ago (before I was middle-aged person) has almost fully grown back in.

Last week, I got annoyed b/c I thought I had all these fuzzy little baby hairs from having cut them, (I have been known to mistakenly hack off part of my eyebrow by mistake when cutting my bangs) which is not possible as they are at the top of my forehead. I realized it is all new growth. Lastly, my nails have also gotten crazy long. Perhaps this is all due to the gelatin.

My skin is still weird and peely. Like if I rub it for a while, I get peeling. However, the complexion, the smoothness, and the general look of it has completely transformed. I think the milk products and eggs probably cause the peeling, but it's certainly not any worse than it was and the overall complexion is much better, so I don't care. I am basically part snake. Scalp is still dry but not horribly. My tolerance for heat has massively risen. Prior to Peat, I couldn't stand sunlight. Now I can't seem to get enough of it.

OP
C

caroline

Peata said:
Edited, I had asked some questions but then saw the answers when I re-read your post.

Sorry, I seem to have lots to say this morning. hahaha. Maybe the B1 works after all!

Thanks, Peata. Very helpful. I'll just take the whole capsule then, which is 5 mg. or if I want to be "safe", maybe half that capsule.

Your ideas on thyroid are similar to mine. I get a lot of anxiety having to think about going to doctor's, paying all that money, having tests, which according to what I've read, often don't show symptoms of thyroid, and then having to play around with medications that may have nasty additives, (our insurance is not good enough to get name brands), etc. I would rather just do it via diet. Then, like you, if I feel like, oh, the B1 is not helping me, I just stop it and don't have to worry about problems with this. I also read things about it and dairy, and having to have high enough cholesterol. All this GIVES ME ANXIETY. So I'm not going to mess with it.

I believe the main positive results have come from niacinamide. I think it may be, (b/c it seems liek the B is working b/c frankly, I feel like I am on overdrive right now), that the B1 hasn't been working b/c I am so low in everything. Haidut mentioned I just might not need it, but I doubt that highly as my memory was absolute garbage. Now if I go to recall things, they come to me WITHOUT struggle. I don't even have to try. I think for me, the niacinamide was immediate in its ability to affect me. However, to begin with, I think I even took up to 6 grams at one point, b/c I was curious to see its effects. Nada. Now the 1500 seems great. I think if you are in this fog bank, taking something that heightens you (like the B1) may not have any impact if you are not grounded enough (what the niacinamide seems to restore.) At least in my case, it appears that the grounding (my thoughts-not scientific, but my intution and sensing) must precede the heightening. I am very eager to see if I get the effects described by Haidut. I took the B1 at 7, I think. 7ish. And it seems I have been gradually winding up. But I can see how just B1 without the niacinamide might be like a hamster running on a wheel with nowhere to go.

After writing and writing, I THINK I CAN SAY THE B1 IS WORKING!

Peata

Extra B1 is probably not necessary for most, but I keep taking it because I was having a problem with drive and motivation which it seems to help a little. I don't get energy from it - not "hyper" energy anyway, but rather the willingness to go ahead and do something I was putting off. It doesn't take as much energy to just go ahead and get into a project and see it through as it used to.

For me, there's no real sensation involved from the B1, at least not at the doses I've tried so far. It's subtle but it's more about being able to complete a project.

OP
C

caroline

OH, on weight loss: So far, what I notice is that SUGAR seems to accelerate the weight loss "Weight loss" isn't really the word. It is like what Peata said, re: "bloat." It seems that there is a certain formula that appears to best decrease inflammation; hence, I look leaner. Now if someone already has inflammation (which to me, is what I think appears as "fat,"--again just my non-science idea), then it might take much more time to show the body's natural state of "non-inlfammation"-ie. leanness.

What I am not sure about it how much red meat-how much sugar-how much OJ is helpful, and how much becomes fatiguing for me. Milk seems to have no negative effects. Also, the fiber in the oats, I am guessing, seems to be very helpful for me. I know this, b/c I wake up un-bloated and it is the last thing I eat. However, last night I added milk to it, so it became mushy, and I found this revolting. I like it more firm and dry with just the coconut oil, honey, etc. I will not be adding milk again. Gross. Makes it like porridge.

Last, the carrot, does seem to do something magical. And exercise--I think I get amazing and actually visible results from doing all core exercise. Very little jumping back, and bouncing around as I used to do with my vinyasa. This seems to be the least tiring. OK. NOW I am done rambling. Very curious to see how my math goes today.

OP
C

caroline

I am taking the B1 b/c Haidut told me to if I was taking large amounts of the others. Otherwise, I never would have bothered. And CLEARLY, being succinct can be an issue for me. I will keep taking the complex along with the others.

Peata

I'm picking up Niacinamide tomorrow and do an experiment on the higher dose (1500 mg) for a while. I was using too little, though I was taking it daily for a while. Based on your results and others. I'd like to have a more consistent anxiety reduction in my life, and maybe this will do it for me.

So far, I can get anxiety reduction from sugar (ice cream, Coke, honey), Progest-E (I'm out of it now), making sure not to let blood sugar go low for too long before eating again, but I'd like to feel something more consistent.

Peata

caroline said:
I am taking the B1 b/c Haidut told me to if I was taking large amounts of the others. Otherwise, I never would have bothered. And CLEARLY, being succinct can be an issue for me. I will keep taking the complex along with the others.

Yes I've read it's a good idea to take some B complex (to get some of all the Bs) if you are taking extra of specific Bs. I do that as well with a supplement.

OP
C

caroline

I know this is obnoxious but I think this is the first day THE B1 IS WORKING. I feel a bit like I am on speed; I don't know what that is like, as I have never taken it, but I am guessing it feels like this. I may need to either do less B1 or a touch more niacinamide. I am going to try and get focused here and see how my brain works now. I just wanted to mention this b/c since I have been taking the B1, I really have rarely noticed anything from it re: of whether I took tons of it, or just a little. This is exciting b/c something must have finely improved for me to actually begin experiencing some kind of effect from it. I would NEVER take any of this without eating. That seems like it would be a disaster in the making.

Peata, can you tell me about Progest-E? I looked and looked on this, but began to get anxiety, like I did re: thyroid meds after reading how many had poor results, and it sounded like it interfered with other nutrients as well...?

Yes, 1500 has been the magical number for me. Could take more, but 1500 seems "just right."

OP
C

caroline

I am going to go take another niacinamide since I feel like I am going to explode right out of my chair. The B1 is DEFINITELY working. This was Nature's Way. Maybe I will just buy more of that today. I might get that AND the solaray. Solaray is what I have been taking for niacinamide. I don't get powders b/c I get aggravated having to order things. I just want to go pick them up at the store.

OP
C

caroline

It has been about 2 weeks since I have been taking the B1. First day it appeared to be obviously working. That says a lot about potential deficiencies since much of what I do appears to have a fairly obvious effect. It is very rare that an effect is negligible, ie. I can't tell if it is doing something or not. Wow. I am in rocket mode. I can't imagine what it would be like doing this amount 3 times in one day.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
caroline said:
It has been about 2 weeks since I have been taking the B1. First day it appeared to be obviously working. That says a lot about potential deficiencies since much of what I do appears to have a fairly obvious effect. It is very rare that an effect is negligible, ie. I can't tell if it is doing something or not. Wow. I am in rocket mode. I can't imagine what it would be like doing this amount 3 times in one day.
Sorry if I missed it but how much B1 did you take today?

OP
C

caroline

I took 1500 mg. Took this a bunch of times before and more and s--t happened. NOT today. It finally started working. I am WHIZZING through difficult problems. I actually have to slow myself down a touch. This is what I am talking about. I am not delusional; I can tell that my intellect has been suffocating under a fog of confusion. I am fine with whatever are my given traits. I do the best I can. But what has been extremely frustrating is laboring under the notion for many years that I am "confused", yet not understanding why. It doesn't feel like seeing a sign in a different language and not recognizing it. I am not saying I can become an aerospace engineer and cruise through advanced calculus. I don't know about that. What I am saying is that I could see how many things should fit and have an essence of understanding, like I was reaching for something but not quite able to grasp it, and not get there, or get there after pushing through under almost total exhaustion b/c I am stubborn and persistent. This is not an optimal way to function. I feel like Robert De Niro in that movie where he is catatonic and then wakes up. I felt like that when I started low carb, and massively improved, but not enough. I am driven by my desire to succeed in academics and this is not manageable with my brain half-cocked and me exhausted.

OP
C

caroline

I will warn you that if you suffer from nervousness, this could push you over the edge. However, I think before taking more niacinamide, I will see how it settles. One could easily do that to compensate for the B1 or just take less of it. But larger single doses seem to work better for me, even though I have read about smaller more frequent dosing being very successful. Also, for many people, niacinamide in larger doses has a sedating effect (not me), so this might help with any "too much jitters" that one gets from B1. I am just thankful it is finally working!!!

Peata

caroline said:
Peata, can you tell me about Progest-E? I looked and looked on this, but began to get anxiety, like I did re: thyroid meds after reading how many had poor results, and it sounded like it interfered with other nutrients as well...?

Yes, 1500 has been the magical number for me. Could take more, but 1500 seems "just right."

Yeah, Progest-E was an anxiety-maker for me for a good while there too in that I resisted taking it, then when I started taking it I worried about how much to take, how long, how it made me feel, etc. I believe it was after my liver got in shape that I could tolerate it with no side effects.

See, when I first started Progest-E, the 3 drops 5 x day, I got an unpleasant dizzy/drunk feeling from it. And it persisted even into the next day. This worried me. I stopped Progest-E and worked on my liver with the Peat foods and making sure to get enough protein, resting from the alcohol I'd been drinking due to anxiety, etc. After my liver seemed "clean" I found I no longer had the side effect from Progest-E.

I got to where I was taking a lot of it without measuring - just squirting a strip of it across my lower gums and upper gums (probably between 1/8 and 1/4 t. total) at least 3 x day but really just when I felt anxiety or ED symptoms. I don't think it cured anything on its own but it seemed to help. I do think it has a relaxing effect if enough is taken.

I never saw where it interfered with nutrients, but I only took it a couple weeks of my cycle. I ran out and haven't bought anymore. I hate that I have to order it. I'm like you in that I prefer stuff I can just run out and get, though I do save money buying online.

Hoping that the Vitex helps raise the progesterone enough that perhaps I won't need Progest-E, or can just have it around "in emergency".

When you say 1500 is magical number, do you mean for B1 or B3 or both so far?

OP
C

caroline

Thanks, Peata. I'm not going to bother with Progest-E then. Sounds like we are similar about what causes the anxiety. I can't help it with academics. I am not a normal learner so academics are stressful for me. Period. But I need them to do what I want. But some people on this forum seem very adept with measuring-take this if you are taking that, etc. I can't be bothered with that. I wish we didn't have to order gelatin. Even that is a hassle.

I do 1500 mg of niacinamide and it is PERFECT. I am compulsive a bit, so when I like something, I tend to want to do more, but the 1500 of niacinamide seems perfect. Also, more dose means you run out more quickly which means you spend more. So I'd rather just take minimum.

I am guessing 1500 total of B1 might be perfect for me. All at once. I will see. I am not motivated to take 1500 3 times a day. I don't want to spend that much money on stupid pills. It may work to take the same amount split through the day, but I won't remember to do that. Too much hassle. I didn't leave to go get more, but if I do, maybe I will take more and see what happens. I'm not sure; I will see. Again, I think more, means you think you need more, then you take more, and spend more. Not excited about that idea.

I would absolutely NOT take this later in the day. I don't take niacinamide later in the day either. It keeps me from sleeping. I like getting all of my supplements in first thing. But again, it may work very differently for others.

OP
C

caroline

I am just happy to not feel like a mummy just risen from the un-dead.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals