Wow-what A Difference!

OP
C

caroline

Oh, I have been sleeping with one light shining at my feet. I still don't see how that could really do much one way or the other but I am experimenting with it. I put a sleep mask on. Actually, I am kind of getting used to light being on. I like it.

OP
C

caroline

Hi Interr,

Tried once again to take 500 mg. of niacinamide only. Seems to actually accelerate my anxiety. Then what happens is I have to take more than I would to begin with. I just hoped that I could take less and not need it, but it seems very essential. Really, I am not certain of the efficacy of the B1. But after taking the 1000 additional mg. of niacinamide, I took 1000 more and now it feels perfect. For whatever reason, taking smaller doses even, more frequently, doesn't seem to work for me at this point. And when I don't take the amount I need, then I have to take more.

Have no idea what it it is I am missing that makes the niacinamide seem to be so essential, but there is a HUGE difference between my taking it, and not taking it, and taking the correct amount I need versus not taking enough. Also, B1 seems to work the best when I take more at once also, but again, the niacinamide seems to really work for me. I should be hazy and sleepy, yet it just stabilizes me. I will feel like I have made progress when I can reduce it and not feel I need more.

caroline said:
HI InteroggaOmnia,

That is great the niacinamide seems to help with some of the issues you experience as a result of the HPPD. Thanks for explaining what it is and how it affects you. Sounds like you have a great diet! So don't do any starch--I think I remember you saying potato makes you feel bad.

Yeah, they sometimes make my stomach hurt and I always fall asleep for 20 minutes a bit after I eat them for some reason. The last potatoes I ate were purple skinned and they made my gums swell up and pockets of water appeared all over the inside of my mouth, followed by what felt like an asthma attack and sweating/heat flashes. I only posted that in the niacinamide thread because it seemed to be constipating me and I thought it could of somehow lengthened the suffering. Anyways, I'm pretty sure it was just the potato and I'm not having problems with constipation anymore.

caroline said:
I think it is probably a "cleaner" way for many to eat if not including starch. I definitely can feel that, but sort of like it for pleasure's sake. However, not enough to eat potatoes, which make me ache when I eat them. I may try them again, but so far, they weren't a big hit with my body and I wake up feeling dull the next morning.

It stinks because I think potatoes fried in coconut oil/butter is amazing! The reaction... not so much lol. A bit of white rice is fine and dandy though. I just never get around to making any.

caroline said:
How do you take the niacinamide-as in what dose? I am curious whether you find it more effective to take it in larger doses at once. That is what I've found when I felt like I needed more of it.

I've tried it in 200, 500, 1000, and 1500 mg doses so far. The later is what I was considering huge doses but that's subjective if you compare it to taking 4000mg at once like haidut. We will let those be called mega doses haha. The smaller doses make me feel 'better'. 1000 mg+ two or three times a day makes me feel great. I think 500mg three times a day would be sufficient if it was a very stress free day, such as hanging out with my pal. But when I'm in isolation (To combat combat negative mental chatter and push my perception outwards), or when I'm out talking to new faces I feel the need for more. For example, I was at a restaurant last night with my friend and normally I would only talk to them and usually I sort of avoid eye contact with new faces and keep chatter to a minimal, like our waitress. I took 3000 mg that day, and I swear I've never been that open to someone I just met. I know it's sad, but I have trouble being myself around people I don't know. Socializing is one of my biggest stressors.

caroline said:
I wondered about the perceptual aspect you describe, in a controlled form, being constructive and creative as well. Obviously, feeling detached from reality may not be helpful, but I was wondering if what you describe, when it is not overwhelming, acts as an enhanced state and perhaps even brings greater clarity for you when it is not out of control...Just curious. Sounds like you have been very constructive about trying to help yourself back to a state of balance. I kind of feel like improvement is the name of the game--why not try to better things since we are here for a "while" anyway? I guess the key is doing so with enthusiasm and a friendly detachment--not apathy, but a lightness of being--makes me think of Milan Kundera "Incredible Lightness of Being". Been a long time since I read novels.

I don't really know. It's difficult to compare my state of mind to anything or anyone else. It's all very subjective. Yes, compared to when I'm having anxiety accompanied with strong negative thoughts such as "What is wrong with me? ~ I screwed myself up permanently.." among other self hate thoughts. It is at those times that I strongly notice visual abnormalities. FYI, I have an astigmatism. I know that sounds weird, but when I get that way, it's like my eyes no longer work in unison which leads to zoning out. When I feel good, I don't notice the "grainy" vision much if at all. I think that some amount of grain is in most peoples' vision, they are just not conscious of it, anxious or not. I think prolonged drug use allows you to correlate certain feelings with the altered states you once experienced. Much of my time spent using drugs was a bad experience, but that's what I did, because my friends all did it and wanted me to. A flashback of sorts. I think niacinamide, by reducing serotonin is the main component in reversing these problems and helping me to move past these interlocked feelings and experiences. Ray Peat described serotonin as a filter that dulls out your senses in a way. I do feel creative when I feel good, and it always correlates with less visual abnormality. Sorry if that was hard to understand lol...

caroline said:
On the egg front, it is hard to tell exactly what was the effect of the eggs b/c I did baker's chocolate after reading about Cliff's comment re: having better reaction to baker's chocolate instead of cocoa. Well, I have a bit of an allergic reaction: it is the type where I feel like I have a tickle in my throat. Funny too, b/c I felt much better eating the sugary chocolate from Fresh and Easy with the soy lecithin. No bloat, so that is a good sign, but I will not be doing baker's chocolate again. Just goes to show you that what someone else does may or may not work for you.

I seem to experience some minor bloating and stomach cramps from cocoa. I'm fairly certain that I can eat more baker's chocolate with less reaction, but at a certain point, chocolate always makes me feel bad unfortunately.

caroline said:
Hi Interr,

Tried once again to take 500 mg. of niacinamide only. Seems to actually accelerate my anxiety. Then what happens is I have to take more than I would to begin with. I just hoped that I could take less and not need it, but it seems very essential. Really, I am not certain of the efficacy of the B1. But after taking the 1000 additional mg. of niacinamide, I took 1000 more and now it feels perfect. For whatever reason, taking smaller doses even, more frequently, doesn't seem to work for me at this point. And when I don't take the amount I need, then I have to take more.

Have no idea what it it is I am missing that makes the niacinamide seem to be so essential, but there is a HUGE difference between my taking it, and not taking it, and taking the correct amount I need versus not taking enough. Also, B1 seems to work the best when I take more at once also, but again, the niacinamide seems to really work for me. I should be hazy and sleepy, yet it just stabilizes me. I will feel like I have made progress when I can reduce it and not feel I need more.

So you think taking 500mg gave more anxiety than having not taken it at all? Or did I misread that. Perhaps this day would of been particularly more anxious than others which gave the impression that 500mg made things worse, versus having not taken it and having even worse anxiety. I don't know if I'm making any sense, just speculation. Did you get enough salt or sugar at the time? The adrenaline boogeyman comes out from under my bed if I don't even after taking sufficient niacinamide.

I don't think there is anything wrong with taking higher amounts of niacinamide. Especially when it breathes life back into me. It seems like a powerful tool to move forward. Some point in the future I will reduce the amount.

OP
C

caroline

Hi Interr, (sorry I am lazy about typing out the whole name!)

Thanks for sharing with me about how your perception works. Sounds like you are really being proactive about your health; that's wonderful. Nothing like improvement and the quest of it...

I'm not really sure about why 500 mg. would be a problem. I just notice that when I have taken that amount, I feel worse, not better. I take more, and it's fine. B1 I am not sold on; I don't really notice anything. I am going to keep playing with it, but I don't see the point in taking large amounts or small amounts of something that doesn't appear to really do much.

Chocolate seems just fine for me, but not the baker's cocoa. I threw it out. It made me have allergy symptoms, which I know very well--sniffy mucus, sneezing, etc. I think it is made with poor quality ingredients--something or I wouldn't have had that reaction.

OP
C

caroline

A friend of mine just saw me and says I look thinner than she has ever seen me. This proves my hypothesis re: ice cream. :) Have not been having any the past few days and I also noticed I seemed to drop a bunch of weight. I stopped eating it just b/c I started liking my oat concoction better. Doesn't seem like ice cream should be that much different in its effects on body composition than milk, sugar, etc., but perhaps it's the type of fat they use.

I am not sure what caused me to get so skinny. I have way upped the amount of sugar I am eating. Strangely, I think it is causing me to lose weight. I don't care as long as I keep feeling good. The eggs are working great, but I am just doing the raw yolks. It works the best though I hate to throw out part of the egg. My mind has been very sharp, and energy has been so-so. Still not there yet with that. I have not been exercising much; probably will do core body exercises today. That seems to be VERY effective. Very little stress, not like the stress I got from doing weights at the gym, and seems to be accentuating muscle tone.

I don't think I was really doing enough sugar before now. I had to work to get over my moralistic thing that was used to demonizing it. It actually is a bit gross to me when I make my coffee that sweet, but I really do feel good from it, and my breath is perfect. Perfect. Even with eggs, coffee, etc.

Butter is still iffy for me. Coconut oil, though ours is unrefined seems to present no problem whatsoever. But a little too much butter and I wake up with a stuffy nostril. So I try to keep it minimal, though it is yummy in my oats. Today, I got currants, and the chocolate discs that are soy-free at the little co-op health food store. I want to see if I can manage the currants without getting an upset stomach. I thought it would be really yummy in my oats.

I think it is so interesting that all of a sudden, I am dropping weight. Why? I think perhaps that this is a sign that my metabolism is going where it should be. I have not been doing any cheese. It doesn't work so well for me. Congesting, like butter and I don't crave it. Anyway, I feel really happy that I am seeing some improvements in my overall state, and feel pretty good about only taking niacinamide right now.

OP
C

caroline

Oh, last night I had a little meat before bedtime. This seemed to be nice. I am not sure that it is a problem to have some meat at night. I will have to test this out. Used to sleeping with the light on, now. Like it.

caroline said:
A friend of mine just saw me and says I look thinner than she has ever seen me. This proves my hypothesis re: ice cream. :) Have not been having any the past few days and I also noticed I seemed to drop a bunch of weight. I stopped eating it just b/c I started liking my oat concoction better. Doesn't seem like ice cream should be that much different in its effects on body composition than milk, sugar, etc., but perhaps it's the type of fat they use.

I am not sure what caused me to get so skinny. I have way upped the amount of sugar I am eating. Strangely, I think it is causing me to lose weight. I don't care as long as I keep feeling good. The eggs are working great, but I am just doing the raw yolks. It works the best though I hate to throw out part of the egg. My mind has been very sharp, and energy has been so-so. Still not there yet with that. I have not been exercising much; probably will do core body exercises today. That seems to be VERY effective. Very little stress, not like the stress I got from doing weights at the gym, and seems to be accentuating muscle tone.

I don't think I was really doing enough sugar before now. I had to work to get over my moralistic thing that was used to demonizing it. It actually is a bit gross to me when I make my coffee that sweet, but I really do feel good from it, and my breath is perfect. Perfect. Even with eggs, coffee, etc.

Butter is still iffy for me. Coconut oil, though ours is unrefined seems to present no problem whatsoever. But a little too much butter and I wake up with a stuffy nostril. So I try to keep it minimal, though it is yummy in my oats. Today, I got currants, and the chocolate discs that are soy-free at the little co-op health food store. I want to see if I can manage the currants without getting an upset stomach. I thought it would be really yummy in my oats.

I think it is so interesting that all of a sudden, I am dropping weight. Why? I think perhaps that this is a sign that my metabolism is going where it should be. I have not been doing any cheese. It doesn't work so well for me. Congesting, like butter and I don't crave it. Anyway, I feel really happy that I am seeing some improvements in my overall state, and feel pretty good about only taking niacinamide right now.

I'm not sure how much ice cream you were eating, but the majority of it's calories come from fat where as 2% milk is only about 1/3 calories as fat. If you eat enough, it can definitely cause some pudginess or at the very least halt your weight loss if that is your goal. It does sound like your metabolic rate is increasing and I'm pretty sure that niacinamide also helps to send you in that direction. Great for you. Btw, check your messages. :)

OP
C

caroline

I didn't really pay attention to how much. I just eat things until I don't feel like it. I'm not a measurer. I wasn't trying to lose weight so it wasn't an issue. The ice cream just became unappealing to me all of a sudden b/c I found I liked the oat concoction better, and my energy from it feels much better than eating the HD. But fat has never been the issue for me: the more fat I consume, seems to bump up my metabolism.

However, I am still skeptical about the hormones, etc. in HD. I have noticed when I was using cream, etc., in large amounts that was not organic, that my breast size really increased. I think what is in the HD, like the hormones, etc. may have much more to do with it.

I have been easily consuming more fat than what was in the ice cream via my oat concoction, with chocolate, coconut oil, butter, etc. Also, what changed massively, is that I stopped being bloated from eggs. This always caused abdominal "pudge" whenever I ate them. Always. But now it seems as though my digestion is working great with it. As I noted before, when I don't digest things properly, it shows up looking like weight gain and I have aches usually accompanying it, depending on the severity of the item. I think a few things have happened: I am getting acclimated to sugar, which I wasn't initially. I am managing eggs well. Also, I do believe there is a correlation to my massively reduced amount of meat. I think I just don't digest it all that well. Basically, it appears like things are just moving more smoothly, which means my metabolism is bumping itself up, I am warmer, feel more calm (still in need of the niacinamide for this), so this is pretty great. Also, I am middle-aged so it is not simply b/c I am "young" b/c that is not the case. And my sleep is great now. Prior to Peat, I was always up at very strange hours, couldn't sleep through the night, etc.

I want to compliment you on your awareness of your bodily sensations and perception. It is wonderful to be that in tune with what is happening inside you. Just the way you noticed how much easier it was for you to socialize when you were at that restaurant. I think, also, while it is not a positive thing, that when we learn from suffering, it can definitely help extend compassion to/for others. Not always, but it is possible. That is great to hear about all your progress-just wonderful!:)

OP
C

caroline

Potatoes are still a question in terms of if I can consume them without getting joint pain/and or feeling lethargic upon rising. I will probably try a little again tonight. I made some the other night for my husband and put TONS of coconut oil in them. He doesn't do butter. Also, my appetite is MUCH less this past week. However, I fuel regularly regardless of if I am hungry or not b/c I don't want to get to the point where I am ever actually hungry. The one experiment I did with this, where I purposely waited, my hands started to get cold.

If you asked me not long ago, if I could imagine having chocolate in the house, ice cream, etc. without polishing it off, I would have never believed it--yet that is exactly what has happened. I do think that Peat is on to something about people indulging in what they "need" in order to correct something physiologically that they are missing. So perhaps I am on the right path now, and hence, I am not in danger of binging on sugary foods b/c I am getting what my mind/body needs. I never feel too full anymore, which is just great. I hate feeling heavy after eating and this way of eating is perfect b/c that just doesn't happen. Also, I have gotten it down so that when I drink my liquids, I don't do too much volume at once. Much better.

OP
C

caroline

Very UN hungry today. Kind of went many hours without eating b/c I really wasn't in the mood. This is the first time I have done this in weeks. I felt fine but eventually went to grab something to eat. I was busy working so I just got distracted from going to get something to eat.

Today I did lots more OJ than usual. I am still having issues with getting my dream OJ combination. I don't like the unpasteurized OJ from the cheap grocery store. I got tangerine juice at Safeway and kind of like it. Not sure what is up with my appetite. Energy is great today. Didn't do any niacinamide till much later and didn't feel the need for it. I still love it. Am not sold on B1. enh. I did more gelatin to get my protein in since I wasn't in the mood for my eggs. Just had a yolk mixed with the tangerine juice, milk, gelatin, salt. I haven't felt that good mixing it before in a blender, but I was in the mood for it. Not really in the mood for anything solid. So glad I don't have to eat Thanksgiving food.

I found some oranges for a good deal but still, there is no way that buying the unpasteurized juice is NOT a better deal. Since Peating, I absolutely can't seem to get enough hot sun on me. Interesting. Don't know why.

OP
C

caroline

Current issues for "research" how much protein is optimal. not sure...more, less..don't know. Also, if I am better off eating very little ground beef with the exception of liver.

More OJ now.

Also have begun to drink water. I don't drink quarts of anything. That is just too much liquid for me. Therefore, I have been feeling the need to drink a little water, always with salt.

Core exercise still going swimmingly.

Also, how much protein via gelatin to take in at once. I think less is more, though more at once is easier. Niacinamide still going great. 1500 mg upon rising seems to be great. Can take more later but don't feel the need.

State of mind has been solid, stable, no anxiety. Not tired either.

Potato is still a question. Did not eat it last night, and did not wake up with joint pain as I did the other morning after eating potato at night. Ate everything else--my oat cookies with crappy soy-lecithin chocolate, some rice, WHOLE HARD BOILED EGGS, and raw egg yolk, but no potato and had very little joint pain. A touch, but not much. Considering I had the two hard-boiled eggs (cooked, and egg white both are more challenging), this is very good. I will probably try potato tonight and see what happens to confirm if it is problematic.

OP
C

caroline

Over ice cream. Just don't like it. Not sure why. Seems junky and gross to me. Loving my orange juice now--got two kinds--unpasteurized conventional, and flash-pasteurized organic at Trader Joe's. I actually think the flash-pasteurized organic tastes more like honey, sweeter, and better tasting overall. And it is organic and the same price, so this is probably what I am going to stick with. Also, I am not doing that much salt anymore. Some but not nearly the amount I was doing.

I know the whole recommendation is for like 80 grams of protein, but I am not sure what seems to make me feel the best. I may need way less. I don't want to have to force food in me just to try and hit certain amounts. So that, I am working on.

OP
C

caroline

What I mean re: protein, is that I know that is approximately a reasonable amount for me to hit, but if I am not eating that much in protein, why force it? I drink some milk, but just have the amount I feel like. I do really like it plain now, when I eat the oatmeal cookies, and do some with the coffee, but I am just not motivated to eat that much now, period. Not sure why. I have always been one of those people who was perpetually hungry, except when I did piles of fat and then did Intermittent Fasting. But now what feels the best to me, is never being too full. I don't like the feeling. And again, I don't feel like measuring things; I eat the amount I want to eat and am not going to drink two quarts of milk to hit some measuring mark. But I just am still experimenting with the overall protein. It is not that easy to get big amounts since I am eating very little meat now. And if meat makes me more sluggish, then I don't think it makes sense to have more for protein, yet experience more heaviness of feeling. So this is still a question mark: how much is enough. And also, I am very aware that these things shift, so what I like now, may be totally different than what I will like in a week. And that's fine.

OP
C

caroline

As for fruit, I see no point in eating it. Fiber-not useful. I do carrot, which works fine. Fruit is a, expensive, b. full of fiber, and c, does nothing pleasant for me when I eat it. One less thing to spend money on. I like the most convenient, easiest thing to consume, and that is store-bought good tasting OJ that is closest to fresh squeezed and organic. I will NEVER be able to buy the amount of oranges that would make 64 ounces of juice and have it be anywhere close to as cheap as buying the stuff at Trader Joe's. I have checked into this thoroughly, so store-bought it is unless the orange fairy comes along and plops down 100 or so oranges on my doorstep every week. Short of that happening, I am buying my juice already made.

Sugar works great for me. Still doing instant coffee b/c it is easier.

OP
C

caroline

Oh, the currants, which I tried with my oats were a TOTAL disaster. I could have lifted off a space shuttle on my own, ie. got massive amounts of GAS. So that little experiment is over. Only other thing I actually like, which is not recommended, is apples. I always loved apples peeled. Cannot say I knnow the effect of those on me as I have not tried them recently, but again, why do this if I can just eat sugar in my coffee or orange juice?

Peata

caroline said:
There is DEFINITELY something to the B1. I will not even say how much I took-A LOT! But eventually, I noticed something. I had my husband ask me things I never remember, and I answered every question WITHOUT HAVING TO THINK HARD about it. My geometry went really quickly. There was some input that if I wasn't noticing anything, it might be that I did not need it, but I doubted that very much as my main complaint (besides the panic/anxiety) is memory issues, brain fog, and having to "try" very hard with the cognitive tasks. Again we are not talking about average things, which I don't have to think much about, but more advanced cognitive aspects which seem to require lots and lots of this "trying" till it wears me out to get the high results I want.

I think I am VERY low in B vitamins in general, and A, and have sustained some serious deficits bc of this so I am glad I did not assume that not feeling something was because I didn't need it. I read some things today that gave me the idea that one can be so low in some areas that you don't feel anything at first. Anyway, I definitely feel I am on to something. Just the fact that I can take so much niacinamide and not feel drowsy--why not the same thing with the B1? Whereas someone else instantly feels a rush of energy, it takes much more of it for me to notice anything. Niacinamide does not seem to be very helpful for me unless I do minimum 1500mg. and today it was 3000. However, I may not need it at all soon, or maybe just a little. I am open to that. I basically take it until I feel good inside. That is the best way to put it. When things feel as they should, that is how I know it's enough. May not make sense, but it seems to be working.

I've been reading your log with interest. Thanks for keeping a detailed one.

How much B1 did you take to get the enhanced memory and cognition?

The most I've taken at once is 750 mg. What I notice from at least 250 mg. is more energy/drive/motivation to accomplish things.

Peata

Perhaps the extra B vitamins you've been taking - the Niacinamide, has improved your metabolism, hence the weight loss. I noticed the same thing when I started taking extra B vitamins. I was taking B1, but it was after I added B6 that I noticed the bloating went away and I was slimmer. I also started taking Niacinamide too, but not a consistent dose everyday.

Now I'm out of Niacinimide and plan to get more tomorrow. I'm going to try higher doses daily to see if it helps with anxiety. I don't get much effect below about 1,000 mg.

Also I basically quit the B6 out of fear of nerve damage even though I had no signs. And of course the bloating and breast swelling/tenderness came back. I'm now on Vitex to lower prolactin and raise progesterone, but I may get the P5P (I think that's the right one) form of B6 which I read dose not cause nerve damage.

Something about us is apparently lacking and needing B vitamins. And not just small amounts like most people seem to do fine with. I would have never known I had a deficiency. Maybe we won't always need to take high doses.

OP
C

caroline

Hi Peata,

Funny you should ask b/c I have been wavering in terms of the B1 re: whether it does anything and also, whether I like the Nature's Way. I am almost done with it, so today, I am going to go try another brand. It is interesting, b/c, I am not sure if I am so low in it (not sure if this is correct way to state this), that it takes a lot to do anything, or if it just doesn't "work" on me. I just took 1500 mg., b/c that is the amount Haidut recommended. I have noticed wonderful results from the niacinamide--it is not exactly that my memory and cognition appears to heighten, like when you have a stimulant such as coffee, etc. It is more that everything seems more balanced, as though my vision, internally and psychically appears broad and macroscopic. This is the effect I feel from taking the niacinamide.

The B1 is perplexing b/c I have taken 100mg and taken 1500 mg and don't appear to notice much difference. So far...and being unclear about sensations is not an issue for me at all. I am highly sensitive to physical sensations and feelings in my body. I am going to go get another one this morning (B1) maybe from GNC, and see if I notice anything. Haidut was using 1500 of B1 like 3 times a day. However, I think he only took 1500 at most of Niacinamide and found it made him sleepy. I know you didn't ask about Niacinamide, but that seems to have the most potent effect AND it appears to be lasting b/c my anxiety levels have progressively decreased since I have been taking it.

OP
C

caroline

Just read the other part of your post. How much of the B6 do you take now, Peata? I have been taking one capsule of the B complex, which was 5mg of B6, b/c Haidut mentioned Ray said not to take 10 mg of B6. Do you think that is an okay amount? It's funny bc I took 1/3 of that amount by opening my capsule and only taking part this morning.

I think you are right about the B vitamins. Also, after reading your post on zinc, I have been taking 25 mg of zinc. What else do you think we are missing? I don't do thyroid medication. I don't want to go there at this point. I have no idea bout my thyroid b/c I haven't gone to the doctor. Right now I am working this way; I am also concerned about what potential downsides there are to taking thyroid although I know it is highly promoted by Ray and that many on here take it.

Also, I noticed reading some of your posts (I love when you post-I learn a lot) that you had issues during menstrual times. Mine has been easy since I started this; despite drinking coffee, which always seemed to exasperate it. I didn't really notice breast tenderness much at all.

I think you are right about the weight thing; I think I have been highly deficient in vitamins/nutrients, etc. I did speak to my mother yesterday and she had thyroid problems starting in her 30's and has been on it ever since. I get a little stressed reading about people trying to figure it out and also, being dependent on it, and wondering if it will cause more problems. Probably, this is irrational, but I"m not sure.

The change in anxiety is massive so far. The energy, as I mentioned is still iffy. Some days I still wake up feeling sort of tired inside, which is a crappy feeling. I also notice that the best formula is for me to eat IMMEDIATELY upon waking. Always. And take the supplements immediately, always with food--protein, fat, sugar, etc.

OP
C

caroline

I believe you are right about the doses, and that we will eventually need less. Same way that I am getting more comfortable with the eggs, and the oats are so easy now. That is my concern with the thyroid--going down that road. It is very expensive on the insurance we have, to get tests, go to the doctor, and even for pills. So while that may seem lame, it would be much more convenient to work it out through diet. However, there is no way to know without my getting tests so it just becomes uneducated speculation at this point on my part.