Integral Moves Forward: Lose Fat, Lift More, Worry Less.

OP
Integral

Integral

Hey all.

Gym today was pretty good actually. Nice and easy.

16/12/15 - Pull

A) Deadlift: 105kg 5 x 3
B) Horizontal Machine Row: 35kg 4 x 12
C) Lat Pulldown (Unilateral): @ 6 on stack 4 x 12
D) Kneeling Leg Curl: 10kg 4 x 12

Done.

Cheers,
Rav.

OP
Integral

Integral

Today was a great session, really enjoyed it. My strength in my lower body has improved but I still need to work on my work capacity and general conditioning. The weights were super light but I just find myself getting fatigued as the sets progress. My friend who was training in the monolift doing squats asked me if I was OK at one point lol! Was sweating all over the place too...

18/12/15 - Legs

A) Back Squats: 55kg 4 x 10 (Did a paused breathing squat for 5 breaths on my two warm up sets, and I did not feel like I was going to pass out today lol! That might mean my torso is toughening up, which is good)
B) Leg Press: 1 plate a side + 54kg sled 4 x 12 (I did 4 x 10 last time so I just added more volume this time)
C) RDL: 30kg 4 x 12 (Again, just bumped the volume up from doing 10 reps to 12)
D) Dead Bugs: Ran out of time here, had to drop my bro off at work.

Gonna get in the infrared sauna now, shower off and eat about 450g of potato.

I'm going to do fully body assistance work tomorrow. I'm going to try and go early, like 11am.

Cheers,
Rav.

OP
Integral

Integral

Did some general full body assistance work.

19/12/15 - Full Body

A) Incline DB Press: 20kg 4 x 8
B) Standing Hammer Curl: 7.5kg 4 x 12
C) DB Lunge: 4kg 10/10/-/- (Just did the two more reps on the second set. Still finding these hard, they seem to zap it out of me lol. I did train legs the day before though).
D) DB Row: 17.5kg 4 x 8
E) Dead Bugs: 2 x 8

Done.

OP
Integral

Integral

Session was fine but had a slightly closer grip on the flat and incline benches, which I found used my shoulders more and felt stronger, however it fatigued my shoulders a bit so military presses were hard today.

21.12.15 - Push

A) Flat BB Press: 65kg 4 x 10
B) Incline BB Press: 37kg 4 x 12
C) Pec Flyes: @ 4 4 x 12
D) BB Military Press: 32.5kg 10/3/-/- (Too much lactic acid in shoulders)
E) DB Tate Press: 7.5kg 4 x 12

Done.

Cheers,
Integral.

OP
Integral

Integral

22.12.15 - Pull

A) Deadlift: 110kg 5 x 3
B) Horizontal Row: 40kg 4 x 12
C) Unilateral Lat Pulldown: @ 7 on stack 4 12
D) Kneeling Leg Curl: 15kg 4 x 12

Workout was great, had fun. Now to eat, chill and practice some drawing. I am committed to re-engaging my creative intellect. I start each day with 20 mins of guitar practice and throughout my day with just work on my drawing skills. If I can think of anything else which is an interesting creative activity I will do that too.

Cheers,
Rav.

answersfound

Integral said:
post 115903 22.12.15 - Pull

Workout was great, had fun. Now to eat, chill and practice some drawing. I am committed to re-engaging my creative intellect. I start each day with 20 mins of guitar practice and throughout my day with just work on my drawing skills. If I can think of anything else which is an interesting creative activity I will do that too.

Cheers,
Rav.

Nice man. I haven't worked out in years, other than daily pull-ups. I did the strong lifts 5X5 and enjoyed it, but never saw significant improvement because of my sub-par metabolism. I look forward to getting back in the horse in the coming months.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Integral

Integral

answersfound said:
post 115912
Integral said:
post 115903 22.12.15 - Pull

Cheers,
Rav.

Nice man. I haven't worked out in years, other than daily pull-ups. I did the strong lifts 5X5 and enjoyed it, but never saw significant improvement because of my sub-par metabolism. I look forward to getting back in the horse in the coming months.

Yeah man I hear that, I was doing Glenn Pendlay's S & C workout at Uni which is supposed to be minimalist and because of my thyroid and metabolic issues it was friggin impossible. I was also on meds at the time and couldn't figure out why I was so zapped of energy lol. Now working out is a breeze, I actually look forward to going to the gym each day.

Just did 45 mins of drawing, I'm rusty as hell as have not drawn in almost 10 years but it'll come....Perspectives are a bit off atm...But what is important is using creative intellect, not the outcome - just create!

http://i.imgur.com/knzE1Yf.jpg

I think I might even practice singing or something in a bit...lol...I have a good instructional book by Roger Love.

Cheers,
Rav.

OP
Integral

Integral

24.12.15 - Legs

A) Squats: 60kg 4 x 10 (On first two warmups, last rep was a paused breathing squat)
B) Single Leg Leg Press: 40kg per leg 4 x 12*
C) RDL: 35kg 4 x 12
D) Dead Bugs: Easy progression 2 x 8

This is my third week of this training cycle. Nothing has changed but I have been slightly naughty and changed the quad assistance movement from a regular, bilateral leg press to a unilateral leg press. The truth is my quads are weak in relation to my hamstrings. This might always be the case, however, I do need to bring them into balance if I am to attain a stronger squat. When the quad is weak, the lifter has the tendency to lean forward out of the hole and do a 'good-morning squat'. In studies done on world class squatters, the best lifters had a more erect torso. I think the single leg or unilateral leg press targets the quads better. In honesty, the hack squat machine is very effective for building quads but I ******* hate it....which is invariably a sign that I need to be doing it...However, I don't think you should be changing things in your programming more than once every 4-5 weeks, so I'm gonna wait for another 5 weeks now before I consider changing that around.

I had to drop my bro off at work at 9am so didn't get a chance to practice guitar in the morning. I am gonna shower up and then do 20 mins practice, before getting some drawing done. May see if I can find other creative activities too.

Cheers,
Rav.

Edit: I am going to gut up and just do the hack squats lol.

OP
Integral

Integral

26.12.15 - Full Body Assistance

A) Low Incline DB Press: 22.5kg 4 x 8
B) Standing Hammer Curls: 10kg 4 x 12
C) Machine Hack Squat: 5kg a side 4 x 12
D) BB Row: 40kg 4 x 8
E) Dead Bugs: Easy progression 2 x 8
- Band Pullaparts: 2 x 20 (Just for keeping shoulders balanced and healthy)

Everything bar hack squats and band pullaparts were done with Fat Gripz, turning all the movements into thick bar work. Also incline DB presses were done in a sort of way which really targets the chest, you tuck your scapula in and don't fully lockout or flare elbows.

Feeling good.

Anxiety I was dealing with is on it's way out tbh....I used an interesting method which really changed my perspective on the mind....It's called The Linden Method. I am quite overcome by how it has changed my consciousness. I will talk more about this later, gotta drop my bro off at work.

Cheers,
Rav.

OP
Integral

Integral

28.12.15 - Push

A) Flat BB Bench Press: 67kg 4 x 10 (Last 3 reps of all sets were completely paused reps, so reps 8, 9, and 10 I basically set the bar down on the chest and relaxed for 2 secs lol)
B) Incline DB Bench: 22.5kg 4 x 12 (Like last week, I need to do these in this form where my shoulder blades are pinched together and the elbows are not flared out - they're kinda like 45 degrees. Otherwise, **** all chest involvement for me)
C) Flat DB Bench Press: 17.5kg 4 x 12 (Same form as above)
D) Seated DB Shoulder Press: 12.5kg 4 x 10 (Kinda played around with these to get them to work for me. They're a good shoulder builder)
E) DB Tate Press: 10kg 4 x 12

Easy and fun session...Wanted to do more tbh lol.

My body is changing, I don't look hella fat like I did before. I am still very overweight but it seems to be sort of melting away. I honestly believe that chronic stress has been absolutely murdering me for years. The way Charles Linden teaches to reset the amydala has seriously killed 80% of the stress/anxiety I used to feel. I am still not done with the Linden Method and I am going to basically change my life so I am living in consonance with my true inner self rather than the idiot I have been all these years. Feels good.

Gonna go in the infrared sauna now, shower off after, practice guitar and singing and then pick my bro up from work at 4:45pm.

Cheers,
Rav.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Integral said:
post 116723 The way Charles Linden teaches to reset the amydala has seriously killed 80% of the stress/anxiety I used to feel.
I wonder if this method might warrant its on thread? Sounds interesting. :hattip

Last edited:
OP
Integral

Integral

charlie said:
post 116724
Integral said:
post 116723 The way Charles Linden teaches to reset the amydala has seriously killed 80% of the stress/anxiety I used to feel.
I wonder if this method might warrant its on thread? Sounds interesting. :hattip

Yeah I was going to do a short little video blog on YouTube about this Charlie. I feel....different. Like my world before was the size of a golf ball, now it's hugely expanded. I said to my friend today having coffee in Starbucks my consciousness was like a drop in the ocean before, now it is the ocean. Charles Linden says when anxiety is high and this has been chronic in your life, your amydala gets forced to reset at a higher level. When the amygdala is set up there like that, the creative part of your mind is basically behaving in a manner as to keep you safe/alive and does all these stupid risk assessments and this response alone takes up up to 90% of your mental resources according to Charles.

I will post up about it and make a video or something dude but not just yet as it's early days and I am learning/improving everyday now I am living like this.

Cheers,
Rav.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Integral said:
post 116732 ...now it's hugely expanded.
Much want. :D
Integral said:
post 116732
I will post up about it and make a video or something dude but not just yet as it's early days and I am learning/improving everyday now I am living like this.
Look forward to it. :hattip

Last edited:

Agent207

ThunderSpank said:
Have you guys tried less volume? Recovery is pretty hard with thyroid issues, and as you progressively do more and more sets your t3 will drop more and more. A single good heavy set of 6-10 reps will stimulate growth .

Do you guys think a low t3 dose like 10mcg would be "protective" to the system taken pre-workout at strenuous high intensity exercise?

OP
Integral

Integral

30/12/15 - Back

A) Deadlift: 115kg 5 x 3
B) Horizontal Row: 45kg 4 x 12
C) Lat Pulldown: @ 8 4 x 10 (Was meant to be 4 x 12 but I want to keep it within that 'easy' range so just gonna be progressive about it)

That was all I had time for had to drop my bro off to get his haircut, which was a shitty stressful drive given the hammering rain and pitch darkness at 4:30pm (gotta love UK weather)....

Cheers,
Rav.

OP
Integral

Integral

Some interesting things to note since I started doing The Linden Method - body fat seems to be going down I swear but I've not actually weighed myself. Interesting.

Bit GRAPHIC: Warning....

....My balls feel fuller....lol....

Yeah, other than that, acne seems to be clearing up on my forehead.

Stress & worry levels are coming down a lot. Today was kinda stressful because of the rain and how dark it was, but it's a journey and I'm moving along just great

Cheers,
Rav.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
[ref]Integral[/ref], I am patiently waiting your topic on the Linden method. :D I did a quick search but saw that it costs nearly $100. :(

OP
Integral

Integral

charlie said:
post 117245 [ref]Integral[/ref], I am patiently waiting your topic on the Linden method. :D I did a quick search but saw that it costs nearly $100. :(

Yeah Charlie I called the Linden team today to learn more about the method, it was really interesting what the lady had to say as she was an ex-high anxiety sufferer and like many others recovered using TLM (The Linden Method). When you're recovering from high stress, you've sort of going on a journey to discover the real you. Like I even started listening to different music and stuff since and I just think differently now, it's sort of weird, it's almost like chronically stressed people have two people inside their minds, the true inner self, and the self which is attempting to keep you alive. Interestingly dude this is a common idea in ancient Greek phlosophy, that each person has a Deamon and an Eidolon.

I can give a good account of The Linden Method myself and will do so. I think I will have to make a thread on it this week - Friday or Saturday at the latest.

For those who're chronically stressed and anxious, yeah it costs as much as 1 counselling session, but it'll be the only counselling session you ever need tbh. I say that because I respect Charles Linden, this dude was an extreme case of anxiety, a house-bound agoraphobic who eventually couldn't even leave his room. He suffered for absolutely years, he recovered at 27. Why I respect Charles is he dared to think differently and question the establishment. You won't be told this sort of stuff by any Dr or psychologist I can tell you that..I had psychiatrists and psychologists in the past who gave me drugs and told me to be more mindful, but once you understand that anxiety is a switch which in some of us gets stuck, you'll realise conventional treatments are bull****!

Cheers,
Rav.

OP
Integral

Integral

I usually leave it one day between doing pull and doing legs. I didn't have the option today as gym is shut tomorrow for New Years. So, I got my workout in. CNS was a little depressed, but I didn't do what most people do and push through, 'no pain no gain'. I listened to my body, and whenever I do that, my body thanks me with some gains. Whenever you've gotta PUSH to do something, that is exactly what you should NOT be doing. All it's going to do is cause inappropriate stress, and if you're stressed, forget long term progress in the gym, you're better off going to Thailand and becoming a Monk for a year until you finally realise inappropriate stress = degeneration. This was a great session. My squats were wicked, my torso is starting to stay way more erect. Quad work + easy torso rigidity/core activation work = king for the back squat. Yeah these weights are light at the mo or whatever but I know how a good squat should feel and these are getting to feel so right. When I used to use Jason Ferruggia's membership forum he used to say squatting should feel absolutely natural, and if it doesn't, you've gotta fix something. Jay himself says you should be doing lots of hip flexor stretching but I think Greg Nuckol's cracked it when he said the good-morning squat is fundamentally weak quads. I tried every which way to fix forward lean, only strengthening the quads has done anything.

31/12/15 - Legs

A) Squat: 65kg 4 x 10 (On first two warmups, last rep was a paused breathing squat for 5 breaths. These are getting easier. I think I might do one rep at the end of the squats w/ a lighter weight and just do 10-15 paused breaths)
B) Hack Squat: 7.5kg a side on the sled 12/12/10/- (Body was telling me to ease off a bit, so I just hit fewer reps & sets)
C) RDL: 40kg 12/12/12/- (Same as above
D) Dead Bugs: Ran out of time and had to head home lol

Cheers,
Rav.

OP
Integral

Integral

Another wicked session. Also Charlie I am going to write about TLM today. I had to remember to position my head correctly on the hack squat, I was resting it against the pad but that's not how your body is designed to move. If you've ever been to the chiropractor you'll know that your head and neck position can greatly affect strength.

02.01.16 - Full Body Assistance

A) Incline DB Press w/ Fat Gripz: 25kg 4 x 8
B) Standing DB Hammer w/ Fat Gripz: 12.5kg 10/10/10/7 (All kept within 'easy' range, hence why I had to miss some reps - will be done for 4 x 12 when my body wants to)
C) Machine Hack Squat: 7.5kg a side on sled: 12/12/12/- (Just working the volume, added two reps to final set, and I still need to let my body adapt so it can do the final set)
D) Thick Barbell Pendlay Row: 45kg (I think!) 4 x 8 (Done at different back positions, some sets were way more than 8 reps, I was focusing on my breathing to try and supply the brain with oxygen and create new neural pathways)
E) 'Structural work': This is my own sort of rehab/prehab stuff I do supersets and experiment and see where there is weakness. I did a superset with light band pullaparts with different grips/hand positions which was interesting, and supersetted with cable facepulls, all done for 3 x 20. Then my gym owner, retired former elite lifter (knows his ***t!) told me this exercise for grip/extensor work which he said basically gave him monstrous grip strength. It's basically reverse curls done with a straight curl bar and with a thumbless grip. I did 4 x 8, some with wide grips and some with close grips. The close grip set with the hands on the smooth part of the bar was the harder one. I am going to keep the grip close as a result and start building these extensors).

Cheers,
Rav.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals