Escaping the Existential Vortex via Nutrition - blood work interpretation?

Tengu319

Hello everyone,

I recently got this blood work done, and was wondering if anyone here might notice something that I haven't. My interpretation is that there is something going on with white and red blood cells (according to openai) and testosterone is on the lower side of "okay" and estrogen and SHBG are on the higher side of "okay" (equaling a not so okay situation?).

I had blood work done ten or fifteen years ago and I remember a similar result for the testosterone and also that there was something off with the white blood cells.

One of the causes of the blood cell issue is internal bleeding, but since this issue has existed for so long (I think), I'd probably be dead by now if that was the cause. Instead perhaps it is some kind of anemia?

Is it possible that this issue... something to do with low iron... or a difficulty absorbing B12 or folate... might have something to do with the low testosterone and high estrogen?

The primary symptom (which might not have anything to do with this blood work, or blood work at all) is a strange "out of it" sensation that is always there... even when I am fully awake and conscious it's like my "turned on side" is an island of awareness floating on top of an existential vortex. I can often feel the darkness in the background. And then if something goes wrong, I flip into hopelessness and despair, and sometimes a cold rage far too quickly.

I have recently done a DNA test and plugged it into decoded... and it states that I have genetics for PTSD, low mood, insomnia and low stress threshold worse than 80-95 percent of the population. So, like I said, I'm not sure if my mood has anything to do with my blood work..

But, on the other hand, when I was 18 the doctor told me that I had the bone structure of a 14 year old, and gave me a shot of something with hopes of "jump starting" the growth process. Also there have been issues with low libido throughout my life, some periods worse than others, some days worse than others.

A woman asked me why the difference in performance on different days and I told her "It depends on what I eat" and she said that is not normal. Any suggestions here folks? I am in Canada and currently our medical system is basically collapsed, very difficult to even get an appointment, they generally don't care unless you are dying.

And, right now I am testing out a high cholesterol diet, 12 raw eggs a day, ground beef, milk and potatoes with butter. I also had a little cheddar cheese, bacon and kefir, but have been pretty solid for the last 7 or 8 days. Oh and a little rhodiola, THC, passion flower, CBD and St. Johns wort.

(but I'm a little skeptical because I always eat a diet high is saturated fat, so not sure if this extra push will do too much, but it's worth a try)

Anyway, thanks for reading, and if anyone has any questions, comments or suggestions, I'd love to hear, thanks.

PS: I'm 42

Electrolytes and Glucose:

- Sodium: 139 mmol/L
- Potassium: 4.4 mmol/L
- Chloride: 102 mmol/L
- Glucose: 5.3 mmol/L

Kidney Function:

- Creatinine: 98 umol/L
- Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (eGFR): 81 mL/min/1.73 m2

Liver Function:

- Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST): 19 U/L
- Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT): 22 U/L
- Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP): 70 U/L
- Total Bilirubin: 10 umol/L
- Gamma-Glutamyl Transferase (GGT): 11 U/L

Diabetes and HbA1c:

- HbA1c: 0.048

Proteins and Hormones:

- Albumin: 40 g/L
- Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin (SHBG): 36.9 nmol/L
- Luteinizing Hormone (LH): 4.2 U/L

Lipids (Cholesterol and Triglycerides):

- Cholesterol: 4.43 mmol/L
- Triglycerides: 1.15 mmol/L
- HDL Cholesterol: 1.23 mmol/L
- Non-HDL Cholesterol (calculated): 3.20 mmol/L
- Total Cholesterol-to-HDL Ratio: 3.60
- Calculated LDL Cholesterol: 2.67

Thyroid Function:

- Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH): 2.17 mU/L

Reproductive Hormones:

- Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH): 1.8 U/L
- Prolactin: 3.7 ug/L
- 17-Beta Estradiol: 144.0 pmol/L
- Total Testosterone: 17.71 nmol/L
- Calculated Free Testosterone: 0.361 nmol/L
- Total Antiphospholipid Antibodies (APS): 0.53 ug/L

Complete Blood Count (CBC):

- White Blood Cells (WBC): 4.1 x 10^9/L
- Red Blood Cells (RBC): 4.31 x 10^12/L
- Hemoglobin (Hb): 142 g/L
- Hematocrit (HT): 0.420
- Mean Corpuscular Volume (MCV): 97.6 fL
- Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin (MCH): 33.1 pg
- Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin Concentration (MCHC): 339 g/L
- Red Cell Distribution Width (RDW): 13.1%
- Platelet Count: 249 x 10^9/L

Differential White Blood Cell Count:

- Neutrophils: 55%
- Eosinophils: 4%
- Basophils: 1%
- Lymphocytes: 28%
- Monocytes: 12%

Absolute Counts of Different White Blood Cells:

- Neutrophils: 2.3 x 10^9/L
- Eosinophils: 0.2 x 10^9/L
- Basophils: 0.1 x 10^9/L
- Lymphocytes: 1.1 x 10^9/L
- Monocytes: 0.5 x 10^9/L

Vitamins and Bone Health:

- Vitamin D (25-Hydroxy): 122 nmol/L

youngsinatra

In the best case a full iron panel (serum iron, transferrin, total-iron saturation, ferritin), serum copper, ceruloplasmin, serum B12 and serum folate could give clues what is causing your oxygenation / anemia issues.

But if you have limited financial resources, I'd say that if you eat plenty of beef, eggs and dairy, you should get plenty of iron and B12. You might be low in folate (or might have a MTHFR mutation that impairs folate's metabolism; that might be interesting, especially because you said that you have done genetic testing) Low copper is another possibility, as it is known to cause low RBC, low WBC and low neutrophils. But sometimes impaired methylation can cause low blood copper values despite having sufficient copper stores in the liver.

OP
T

Tengu319

In the best case a full iron panel (serum iron, transferrin, total-iron saturation, ferritin), serum copper, ceruloplasmin, serum B12 and serum folate could give clues what is causing your oxygenation / anemia issues.

But if you have limited financial resources, I'd say that if you eat plenty of beef, eggs and dairy, you should get plenty of iron and B12. You might be low in folate (or might have a MTHFR mutation that impairs folate's metabolism; that might be interesting, especially because you said that you have done genetic testing) Low copper is another possibility, as it is known to cause low RBC, low WBC and low neutrophils. But sometimes impaired methylation can cause low blood copper values despite having sufficient copper stores in the liver.

Hi YoungSinatra,

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I intend to do what I can to get a doctors appointment in two weeks and say whatever has to be said in order to get some more blood work done. (I do have limited financial resources, but even if I am willing to pay it is apparently illegal to get any blood work done in this province without a doctors prescription) (Quebec) (insanity) I want to give the high fat diet a full month to see if it has any effect on my testosterone (or anything else). I will try to get a full iron panel, testosterone panel, and I will ask about the other stuff you mentioned.

I apparently have a limited MTHFR mutation (apparently just a 30 percent reduction in efficiency), but the main issues are elsewhere. I'm thinking dopamine production is an issue, and... I know serotonin is generally frowned upon in this community.. but if one can't sleep without pills I wonder if it's too low. Cortisol probably up.

I don't have a huge amount of faith in man's present knowledge of genetics, but at the same time, quite the coincidence how these results match up to my Jordan Peterson big five personality test so well. haha For two hundred dollars or whatever it was it sure is a cool assortment of information to explore.

If there is diet or supplement information that can help I am pretty sure this place is one of the best places on earth to search for it, if you or anyone else knows of other places, key words, people, diets, or anything that might help then please let me know. I like to believe that there is no such thing as a liability, everything is an asset if you look at it the right way. Hoping to find the key that unlocks the positive potential. Thanks for reading.

Screenshot 2023-08-03 5.18.47 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-03 5.18.30 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-03 5.15.25 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-03 5.15.01 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-03 5.14.01 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-03 5.13.21 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-03 5.12.46 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-03 5.12.17 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-03 5.10.39 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-03 5.10.16 PM.png

youngsinatra

Hi YoungSinatra,

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I intend to do what I can to get a doctors appointment in two weeks and say whatever has to be said in order to get some more blood work done. (I do have limited financial resources, but even if I am willing to pay it is apparently illegal to get any blood work done in this province without a doctors prescription) (Quebec) (insanity) I want to give the high fat diet a full month to see if it has any effect on my testosterone (or anything else). I will try to get a full iron panel, testosterone panel, and I will ask about the other stuff you mentioned.

I apparently have a limited MTHFR mutation (apparently just a 30 percent reduction in efficiency), but the main issues are elsewhere. I'm thinking dopamine production is an issue, and... I know serotonin is generally frowned upon in this community.. but if one can't sleep without pills I wonder if it's too low. Cortisol probably up.

I don't have a huge amount of faith in man's present knowledge of genetics, but at the same time, quite the coincidence how these results match up to my Jordan Peterson big five personality test so well. haha For two hundred dollars or whatever it was it sure is a cool assortment of information to explore.

If there is diet or supplement information that can help I am pretty sure this place is one of the best places on earth to search for it, if you or anyone else knows of other places, key words, people, diets, or anything that might help then please let me know. I like to believe that there is no such thing as a liability, everything is an asset if you look at it the right way. Hoping to find the key that unlocks the positive potential. Thanks for reading.

View attachment 53672View attachment 53673View attachment 53674View attachment 53675View attachment 53676View attachment 53677View attachment 53678View attachment 53679View attachment 53680View attachment 53681
Oh man, I wish you good luck and hopefully your doctor is willing to do blood work for you. Crazy that it’s illegal to get blood work done for personal reasons where you live.

I certainly agree with you on the genetics part. For some, a genetic analysis gives them a positive outlook / a plan / an orientation on where they’re at. It gives you something specific you can work on proactively, which is very therapeutic itself.

MTHFR polymorphisms are very evenly spread throughout the population (almost perfectly split) and I think a good nutritious diet will overcome any impairment in that system.

I think there are bigger factors that can impair methylation that have nothing to do with the typical methylation nutrients, but have something to do with the overall bioenergetic state and thyroid status. (ATP is needed for enzymes to work)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals