High Cholesterol, High T

vulture

Hi, I'm Johnny Knox...vulture, from https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/strength-and-libido-quest.19584/page-4

Rat had low T, Peated, tried some supps, surprisingly ended up with more than 3 times the initial total T. Before experimenting with Mesterolone rat had about 10% less T (700 level) and cholesterol was around 220, after Mesterolone (25 mg x day) for a week T went 10% up but cholesterol about the same proportion up. It's not surprising to see Mesterolone supplementation to increase Cholesterol levels.

Those cholesterol and T values are the highest I have ever had. Usually my cholesterol ranged from 170 to 220, especially around 200.

I'm far from certainty that "high" cholesterol is actually a bad thing, but AFAIK such levels are good to try Thyroid supplementation. I have Tyronene, which I tried three times with great effects at 1 drop with 8 mcg (subjective and objective) and no effect noticed on 1 to 3 mcg per dose.

Thing is I'm asking you what do you think about cholesterol levels with that increase in T? Usually people complain about low T and high or low cholesterol.

Also, I'm really thinking on using Mesterolone again ALONG with T3 :hairpullbut I'd like to asses Tyronene's effects on cholesterol in a few weeks. I'm thinking on using 4 mcg Tyronene three times a day (separated by 2 hours, which seems to be the time that takes for pulse to drop back to pre-Tyronene values)

I appreciate your insights and thoughts on the matter.

Hi, I'm Johnny Knox...vulture, from Strength And Libido Quest

Rat had low T, Peated, tried some supps, surprisingly ended up with more than 3 times the initial total T. Before experimenting with Mesterolone rat had about 10% less T (700 level) and cholesterol was around 220, after Mesterolone (25 mg x day) for a week T went 10% up but cholesterol about the same proportion up. It's not surprising to see Mesterolone supplementation to increase Cholesterol levels.

Those cholesterol and T values are the highest I have ever had. Usually my cholesterol ranged from 170 to 220, especially around 200.

I'm far from certainty that "high" cholesterol is actually a bad thing, but AFAIK such levels are good to try Thyroid supplementation. I have Tyronene, which I tried three times with great effects at 1 drop with 8 mcg (subjective and objective) and no effect noticed on 1 to 3 mcg per dose.

Thing is I'm asking you what do you think about cholesterol levels with that increase in T? Usually people complain about low T and high or low cholesterol.

Also, I'm really thinking on using Mesterolone again ALONG with T3 :hairpullbut I'd like to asses Tyronene's effects on cholesterol in a few weeks. I'm thinking on using 4 mcg Tyronene three times a day (separated by 2 hours, which seems to be the time that takes for pulse to drop back to pre-Tyronene values)

I appreciate your insights and thoughts on the matter.

Dont have much of an answer but I'm interested. Why do you think Mesterolone raised your cholesterol, what's the mechanism?

I ask because I pretty clearly, subjectively feel better on androgens (11kdht and androsterone) and my cholesterol came up 170 on my last blood test. Raising androgens and cholesterol seems like a pretty sweet deal to me. Also, do you think most androgens increase cholesterol or was that particular to mesterolone?

OP
vulture

vulture

Dont have much of an answer but I'm interested. Why do you think Mesterolone raised your cholesterol, what's the mechanism?

I ask because I pretty clearly, subjectively feel better on androgens (11kdht and androsterone) and my cholesterol came up 170 on my last blood test. Raising androgens and cholesterol seems like a pretty sweet deal to me. Also, do you think most androgens increase cholesterol or was that particular to mesterolone?
I don’t know the mechanism. There are studies saying that mesterolone increased cholesterol but was blunted by excercise
I don’t know if most androgens, AFAIK good old DHT might not raise them. Remember that mesterolone is not the same as DHT, but is supposed to skyrocket it

Frankdee20

I’ve had total cholesterol as high as 220-240, and my Total T was only 460.

OP
vulture

vulture

I’ve had total cholesterol as high as 220-240, and my Total T was only 460.
Have you tried Thyroid supplementation?

I always had around 200 to 220 and low T (around 400 or below), now I had 700+ up to 800 and even 250 total cholesterol...

Frankdee20

Have you tried Thyroid supplementation?

I always had around 200 to 220 and low T (around 400 or below), now I had 700+ up to 800 and even 250 total cholesterol...

Simply from Thyroid ? That’s awesome, T3 or T4 ?

OP
vulture

vulture

Simply from Thyroid ? That’s awesome, T3 or T4 ?
No. I asked if you tried thyroid.
I really have no idea what drove my T that high. I could say "Peaty diet" (not 100% right all the time, sometimes eating pasta, bread). Proviron low dose seemed to increase it a bit.

OP
vulture

vulture

I have had 800 - 900 T, and cholesterol of 280. Who cares. I don't. I don't see it as a problem.
That’s one of the things I thought. Mark Rippetoe, well known US trainer, once asked in a forum for studies proving that high cholesterol causes CVDs. AFAIK none of the guys stating it was bad could give serious evidence to it backup. Seems like Mark doesn’t think it’s bad as far as you are lifting and getting stronger.
In this forum I also had an interesting theory on cholesterol: it goes high when your body isn’t using it to produce some hormones. Thing is that my T got a lot higher and my cholesterol went high too, and this challenges what I was thinking about it as a T raw material.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals