Why Do Women Prefer Tall Men?

Vivin3BC

If being tall equals better chances of getting a mate, why don’t our bodies grow? We have an abundance of calories we can give our bodies, yet they won’t make themselves grow.

Why can’t our mind influence our looks?

I want to grow taller
I want to grow taller
I want to grow taller..

Repeating this doesn’t seem to make a difference.. or does it? ;-)

Jennifer

Maybe it can, but not always in the way we expect it to? What if your height isn't the issue, but the way you perceive yourself. If you were to change your mind about tallness being more attractive, your looks would instantly improve, no? Besides, isn’t chanting the mantra that you want to grow taller just reinforcing that you’re not tall enough? If we’re wanting to manifest, aren’t we supposed to live in the energy of already having what we wish to attain? You know like, I’ll see it when I believe it?

Oh, and not all women prefer tall men. My girlfriends and I never cared about a guy’s height. Handsome is handsome, regardless, and guys are handsome so...

andrew81

Once your growth plates fuse it s a done deal , through sexual selection next generations will be taller

naevastar

It is interesting if it is the case that most women prefer tall men. I feel I have read somewhere that taller men have a shorter life expectancy? That it is more challenging to meet your nutritional needs when taller. I am only 156 cm tall lol so I do prefer a man to be taller than me but that is not hard to find

ursidae

in my observations it's normally the more petite women that have a strong height preference
the taller women I know dated average height men and men equally tall/slightly shorter than them

-Luke-

I was at a friend's wedding last Saturday. My friend's sister had prepared a game where there were 15 statements on a piece of paper and the guests had to stand up for each statement if it applied to them. And my buddy and his wife then had to guess what the statement was based on the people standing. One of the statements was "I'm taller than 180cm". Only I and one other guest stood up (in my friend's family everyone is a bit shorter - his dad and grandpa are barely 170cm).

And me and the other guy were there alone, while all the other men who didn't get up were there with their wife or girlfriend (or both [I know, great joke...]).

So make of that whatever you want.

Last edited:
OP
Vivin3BC

Vivin3BC

I was at a friend's wedding last Saturday. My friend's sister had prepared a game where there were 15 statements on a piece of paper and the guests had to stand up for each statement if it applied to them. And my buddy and his wife then had to guess what the statement was based on the people standing. One of the statements was "I'm taller than 180cm". Only I and one other guest stood up (in my friend's families everyone is a bit shorter - his dad and grandpa are barely 170cm).

And me and the other guy were there alone, while all the other men who didn't get up were there with their wife or girlfriend (or both [I know, great joke...]).

So make of that whatever you want.
Because nature views you as a loser. That’s why you’re short and have no mate.

I‘m not trying to offend you, but this is the harsh reality.

In today‘s globalized world, it’s near to impossible to find a girl when you aren’t 6‘2+

aniciete

In today‘s globalized world, it’s near to impossible to find a girl when you aren’t 6‘2+
The cope is unreal

Sitaruîm

You misunderstood him completely. Everyone who was below 180cm had wives/mates. The only two tall ones didn't.

-Luke-

Read my post again.

L91

Personally I'm 5'5 and like a little bit stocky(??), like my muscles are thicker, as in i'm not very fragile and small, I feel like it's a genetic need to balance it out a bit. Like our babies would need to be a bit taller and longer when they grow up. I'm just not physically attracted to actually short men. That being said, men 5'8 and up don't look short to me. Also, I don't think short men are objectively unattractive, I just don't see us as a couple that works together physically.
Also I feel like some men blame everything on height, but their whole personality is why they are a victim and why everyone hates them because they are short. Maybe people hate them because they are whiney and boring.
Also my friends who are in long term relationships, the men in the couples are mostly shorter than six foot.

Phosphor

Well, I am a woman, 5'2" tall, and I prefer men close to my own height. I want to see their eyes when I look at them, not their chest.

JamesGatz

Women prefer good genetic/epigenetic quality - what this means for a man:

Big height
Big jaws
Big shoulders/neck
Big genitals
Etc

Height in my view is especially important because a short man is easy to kill in Nature even if he is a bodybuilder type - one swipe from a bear and he's done - big muscles won't protect your bones from snapping when a large animal attacks you but big bones will

From an evolutionary perspective - a larger man is harder to kill so hence she feels protected

In my view this boils down to stress

If the body is under any form of stress (serotonin, cortisol, etc) - it is focused on survival and not on growing larger

If the body is free from stress - it has a lot of energy and needs something to do with it - this is when the growth state happens

In Nature - animals don't stop growing after puberty (monster crocs, hippos, sharks/reptiles especially, etc) - they grow a lot during puberty but the growth doesn't stop after puberty if the animal is still eating plenty and healthy

And unsurprisingly - many of these animals have "Negligible Senescene" - they don't seem to age

Now in modern society - it is accepted a person stops growing after puberty and that we age but the average person is bombarded with stressors - in Nature animals don't have much stressors other than predators but in Modern society - stressors are everywhere and only get worse

It really depends on how much people on here believe in epigenetics vs genetics and what is possible from a metabolic perspective

Mephisto

in my observations it's normally the more petite women that have a strong height preference
the taller women I know dated average height men and men equally tall/slightly shorter than them
I've noticed this too, the tiniest women I know are always will the tallest guys. The above average height women I know date shorter or same height often and don't seem to care about height as much as the super petite women. Maybe the super short women feel safer with a huge guy.

Inaut

Garbage post. You speak of nature you like understand it. I read you as insecure.

baccheion

I've noticed this too, the tiniest women I know are always will the tallest guys. The above average height women I know date shorter or same height often and don't seem to care about height as much as the super petite women. Maybe the super short women feel safer with a huge guy.
- Child's height is an average of the mother and father. Shorter women need to average out.

- Women are seeking their height * 1.08 at a minimum. That's stronger than the over 6'0" vanity preference.

lady1light

If being tall equals better chances of getting a mate, why don’t our bodies grow? We have an abundance of calories we can give our bodies, yet they won’t make themselves grow.

I want to grow taller
I want to grow taller
I want to grow taller..

Repeating this doesn’t seem to make a difference.. or does it? ;-)
I’m a woman who is 5’11. I’ve dated shorter and MUCH shorter (5’6) men over the years. I always felt that I’d prefer a guy to be taller but the few I’ve dated who were taller didn’t end up being compatible with me and it really didn’t make a difference that they were taller. Every single man was stronger than me and that’s all that really matters with male/female attraction. Women want to feel like they could be protected but height doesn’t really play into that in reality. Food for thought!

TheCalciumCad

Women gravitate to the man with the most energy in the room, only basic ******** and insecure girls below 5'1 pretend they care about height.

Jinzo

6'2? Near impossible? Really? Dude it's not that bad. If you are under 5'6 or maybe even 5'8 I can see you having some problems in US or europe, but you don't actually have to be a giant to attract women. I'm 5'10 and have attracted a lot of beautiful women over the years. I also have a generally small/medium bone structure.

Some of this lookism stuff is true in my opinion but it goes way over board

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals