Why Animal Foods Should Be A Necessity And Not A Luxury

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yes I've seen that one. Beef or at least red meat is definitely not as bad for the gut as it's made out to be. Many people resolved their gut issues, but going on a carnivore diet, however it's not that sustainable for all for obvious reasons.
It also comes down to the individual and their specific digestion, bacteria diversity, etc., which determines how they'll react to higher beef intake.

Ben.

I added in 750g of cooked apple and I'm quite happy to say that it digests very well.

May i ask in what time span you consume the 750g of cooked apple? a day? per week? How do you cook it? Do you skin them to avoid antinutrients?

Also i somewhere read you eat meat with honey. How exactly does that look like?
Lately i've been craving meat realy badly and need to increase the amount i eat and could use some ideas how to prepare/cook it.
Sorry if you explained that on your website or on one post or another but i can't seem to find it.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
May i ask in what time span you consume the 750g of cooked apple? a day? per week? How do you cook it? Do you skin them to avoid antinutrients?

Also i somewhere read you eat meat with honey. How exactly does that look like?
Lately i've been craving meat realy badly and need to increase the amount i eat and could use some ideas how to prepare/cook it.
Sorry if you explained that on your website or on one post or another but i can't seem to find it.
I consume the 750g cooked apples (boiled in a pot with a little bit of water) in two meals in one day as it's a major source of carbs for me right now. I don't skin them as they don't have anti-nutrients.
I add 1 tbsp honey with my ground beef and apples as well. I just mix it all together.

yerrag

Anyone seen this fascinating study, I know most pork sold today has a high Puffa
Profile unless it's diet is ancestral /no soy or grain, as Ray Peat said... The fat you
eat is the fat you wear, especially as pigs are not ruminants.

But this study, I think is talking about the flesh.
As I have a possible blood coagulation disorder
I would greatly appreciate members input, thoughts.

@Hans @equipoise
Thanks for sharing this!

I've been wondering why my bp went skyhigh despite my efforts to lower it the past 2 weeks. I was wracking my brains and reviewing what I did and ate. Then I read this article and it reminded me why I used to avoid pork, though I went back to eating pork because I wasn't feeling any bad effects eating it. It was less tough to cook than beef also and there are so many pork dishes that are tasty. And I like to make thick and juicy pork chops.

It so happened 2 weeks ago I went to the wet market and finally got the vendor to make me really thick 1 inch thick cuts of pork chops. I got six of these. So starting that day, I was eating occasionally thick pork chops that lasted me two weeks.

Not making any connection to the pork chops yet, that same night and lasting 2 days, I had gas bloat together with constipation, and occasional burp. I took copper acetate, probiotics, and cascara sagrada on the second night, and I felt better the day after. My blood pressure even went down, but maybe it was due to fasting while I was dealing with the issue. But the following 2 weeks my blood pressure kept inching up. Not only that, I was having a bad outbreak of seborrheic dermatitis, which had been dormant for a while already. I was wondering why I was having SD, as none of what I did would increase bacterial infection, as my SD has been associated with low-grade bacterial infection (low grade meaning no fever). I even checked my temperature, and there was no increase in it, indicating that there is little likelihood the SD was of bacterial origin.

Then I read this article. Then it simmered in my brain and I made the connection. I used to make my pork chops using a vinegar-based marinade. But this round, I used a spice mix. This time, I also used a much thicker slab of pork chop. And as usual, I cook my pork chops without overcooking it, but only slightly more cooked than medium done, such that the red color is barely visible. This makes the pork chop tender and juicy, and top-notch in texture and flavor.

The lack of vinegar, made worse by the relative uncookedness of the thick slab of pork chop must be the reason I've been experiencing higher blood pressure and seborrheic dermatitis lately. Normally, I wouldn't have noticed it but I've been tracking my bp many times a day for the last 4 years, and I'm making notes.

So, finally, I can put the rest the riddle of why I had climbing blood pressures and an SD breakout the past 2 weeks. I was also puzzled why I was urinating a lot, and why I was having a lot of beer foam in my urine.

I'll stay away from pork chops for a while, but when I do return to it, I'll have to use a vinegar-based marinade.

Another lesson in the game of life and health. Cheers!

@yerrag
Im glad it gave you some insights to connect some dots on your
health journey,
My reason was my long-standing extensive heart disease and especially
Very high cholesterol, especially LDL, LP(a).
I had a quadruple bypass in june... So I'm still fighting a battle.
Its just so frustrating with so much contradictory info/advice.

yerrag

@yerrag
health journey,

That is difficult situation and I wish and pray you find a good way to slowly overcome it. Have you made a thread on it to discuss it in the forum?

Ben.

I consume the 750g cooked apples (boiled in a pot with a little bit of water) in two meals in one day as it's a major source of carbs for me right now. I don't skin them as they don't have anti-nutrients.
I add 1 tbsp honey with my ground beef and apples as well. I just mix it all together.

Thanks for the reply.

Oh well i know people who have issues consuming apples. And on a podcast that was peaty (bioenergetic) inspired i heared that it could help to skin them. I suggested that for some people and it seems to work for some of them. But i am not as knowladgable concerning bio chemistry (as of yet, working on it) so idk whats the reasoning behind this.

@yerrag
health journey,

Do you take supplements, if yes, what kind and dosages?

Amazoniac

Thanks for sharing this!

I've been wondering why my bp went skyhigh despite my efforts to lower it the past 2 weeks. I was wracking my brains and reviewing what I did and ate. Then I read this article and it reminded me why I used to avoid pork, though I went back to eating pork because I wasn't feeling any bad effects eating it. It was less tough to cook than beef also and there are so many pork dishes that are tasty. And I like to make thick and juicy pork chops.

It so happened 2 weeks ago I went to the wet market and finally got the vendor to make me really thick 1 inch thick cuts of pork chops. I got six of these. So starting that day, I was eating occasionally thick pork chops that lasted me two weeks.

Not making any connection to the pork chops yet, that same night and lasting 2 days, I had gas bloat together with constipation, and occasional burp. I took copper acetate, probiotics, and cascara sagrada on the second night, and I felt better the day after. My blood pressure even went down, but maybe it was due to fasting while I was dealing with the issue. But the following 2 weeks my blood pressure kept inching up. Not only that, I was having a bad outbreak of seborrheic dermatitis, which had been dormant for a while already. I was wondering why I was having SD, as none of what I did would increase bacterial infection, as my SD has been associated with low-grade bacterial infection (low grade meaning no fever). I even checked my temperature, and there was no increase in it, indicating that there is little likelihood the SD was of bacterial origin.

Then I read this article. Then it simmered in my brain and I made the connection. I used to make my pork chops using a vinegar-based marinade. But this round, I used a spice mix. This time, I also used a much thicker slab of pork chop. And as usual, I cook my pork chops without overcooking it, but only slightly more cooked than medium done, such that the red color is barely visible. This makes the pork chop tender and juicy, and top-notch in texture and flavor.

The lack of vinegar, made worse by the relative uncookedness of the thick slab of pork chop must be the reason I've been experiencing higher blood pressure and seborrheic dermatitis lately. Normally, I wouldn't have noticed it but I've been tracking my bp many times a day for the last 4 years, and I'm making notes.

So, finally, I can put the rest the riddle of why I had climbing blood pressures and an SD breakout the past 2 weeks. I was also puzzled why I was urinating a lot, and why I was having a lot of beer foam in my urine.

I'll stay away from pork chops for a while, but when I do return to it, I'll have to use a vinegar-based marinade.

Another lesson in the game of life and health. Cheers!
That's interesting. I knew that organic acids are inhibitory to the growth of pathogens, but not that they grewed prior to cooking fast enough to make a difference.

- Marination: Effect on meat safety and human health. A review

"The development of bacteria in non-marinated meat constantly increases during refrigerated storage (Knöchel et al., 2009). This microbial growth in non-marinated beef is about 0.9 log cfu/cm² in total viable counts (TVCs) after 24h and greater than 9.5 log cfu/cm² after 8 days of refrigerated storage (Kargitou et al., 2011). Marination inhibits microbial growth in beef and the development of bacteria remains below 10³ cfu/g (Knöchel et al., 2007). It was suggested (Silva et al., 1999) that the growth of microorganisms depends on the meat pH after marinating. Knöchel et al. (2007) confirmed these suggestions proving that the rate of microbial growth in DFD [Data-flow diagram] beef was greater than the growth in normal meat."

"The different composition of marinade solutions has different effects on meat microflora and gram-negative bacteria are more sensitive to acid conditions than gram-positive bacteria (Choi et al., 2009). Marination with salt-phosphate solutions increases pH and possibly stimulates the spoilage microflora, with optimal growth in alkaline pH (Jeremiah and Gibson, 2001). In contrast, acidic marinade solutions decrease pH and suppress microbial growth. The reason for this inhibition is the presence of weak organic acids (acetic, lactic) or their salts (lactates, acetates) and NaCl (Yusop et al., 2001)."

"Low temperatures during cold storage limit the growth of some types of spoilage microorganisms (Watada and Qi, 1999). The growth of gram-negative bacteria significantly decreases under aerobic conditions (Nychas et al., 2008) but the absence of oxygen favours the growth of gram-positive bacteria such as lactic acid bacteria (Abadias et al., 2008) and Brochothrix thermosphacta (Pin et al., 2002)."

"[..]the addition of some spices, herbs or their extracts, wine, honey, soya souse suppress microbial growth too, because of specific compounds such as polyphenols, ethanol and phenolic derivatives, garlic and vanilla or flavonoids like rutin and quercetin."

"Marinade solutions, rich in phenolic compounds decrease POV [Point-of-view], suppress the secondary products of lipid oxidation and keep TBARS [T-shaped bars] almost unchanged during storage. Red wine decreases with 20% the formed conjugated dienes after cooking."​

You'll find people with gut issues taking minerals with ligands that are common to cellular respiration of many organisms when salts with specific anions are available, these could ease the activity and get the infection under control because they can't be used for fuel or help to eliminate for being somehow toxic to the colony. If there are functional ingredients, the rest must be functionless.

When do you predict that the majority of humans willn't be consuming animal products anymore?
- Making the case for edible microorganisms as an integral part of a more sustainable and resilient food production system
- Microbial protein: future sustainable food supply route with low environmental footprint

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals