Why Animal Foods Should Be A Necessity And Not A Luxury

Korven

Thanks for sharing @Hans , great article.

I feel like red meat is a true superfood, it's got so much good stuff. Interesting about the health benefits of 4-hydroxyproline, didn't know about that.

I have increased my intake of (grass fed) red meat to +0.6 kg per day and only seen benefits. For me it feels anti-inflammatory and gives me great long-lasting energy along with white rice.

Korven

Also, do you think it's possible that some people have a higher baseline requirement for animal nutrients (carnosine/taurine/carnitine/cholesterol etc) due to ancestors that relied on lots of animal products for calories? Meaning they probably got large amounts of these nutrients and didn't need to produce them endogenously, and this got passed on epigenetically. I deteriorated fast on a vegan diet and wonder why some seem to hold up better long-term

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Also, do you think it's possible that some people have a higher baseline requirement for animal nutrients (carnosine/taurine/carnitine/cholesterol etc) due to ancestors that relied on lots of animal products for calories? Meaning they probably got large amounts of these nutrients and didn't need to produce them endogenously, and this got passed on epigenetically. I deteriorated fast on a vegan diet and wonder why some seem to hold up better long-term
Not Hans but I believe this is true. My ancestry is primarily northwestern Europe and I do better with abundant ruminant meat. I also read an article a while back that people with a high percentage of Neanderthal admixture require more thiamine.

Recoen

Not Hans but I believe this is true. My ancestry is primarily northwestern Europe and I do better with abundant ruminant meat. I also read an article a while back that people with a high percentage of Neanderthal admixture require more thiamine.
That’s really interesting about thiamine. Do you happen to still have the article? If you do, will you please post it?

Vins7

Are animal foods more rich in thiamine? Or are plant foods?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I believe meat/organ meats are the best source but could be wrong. Hopefully someone will confirm.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It’s a news article:

Neanderthals ate a diet high in protein and low in carbohydrates. Thiamine is a nutrient primarily found in beef, liver, eggs, and other protein-rich foods. One archaic allele on SLC35F3 produces a thiamine transporting protein. This activity of the transporting protein was reduced in Neanderthals, who ate a diet highly rich in the nutrient.

The presence of the archaic mutation can increase the chance of malnutrition, as the amount of thiamine (vitamin B1) available to the body is reduced for those who consume a diet high in refined carbohydrates. Unfortunately, since modern refinement practices reduce the amount of thiamine available in grains to begin with, humans with this mutation may be at a risk of this deficiency, also known as “beriberi.” This condition is known as “high-calorie malnutrition,” as the person is obtaining enough calories, but is not getting enough of a particular nutrient for body functions to work correctly.

Thiamine Deficiency can cause dysautonomia, including Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, or POTS. Other disorders such as psychiatric disorders, swelling of the legs, vomiting, and heart failure can be caused by a vitamin B1 deficiency.
https://owlcation.com/stem/8-Neanderthal-Traits-in-Modern-Humans

Recoen

It’s a news article:

Neanderthals ate a diet high in protein and low in carbohydrates. Thiamine is a nutrient primarily found in beef, liver, eggs, and other protein-rich foods. One archaic allele on SLC35F3 produces a thiamine transporting protein. This activity of the transporting protein was reduced in Neanderthals, who ate a diet highly rich in the nutrient.

The presence of the archaic mutation can increase the chance of malnutrition, as the amount of thiamine (vitamin B1) available to the body is reduced for those who consume a diet high in refined carbohydrates. Unfortunately, since modern refinement practices reduce the amount of thiamine available in grains to begin with, humans with this mutation may be at a risk of this deficiency, also known as “beriberi.” This condition is known as “high-calorie malnutrition,” as the person is obtaining enough calories, but is not getting enough of a particular nutrient for body functions to work correctly.

Thiamine Deficiency can cause dysautonomia, including Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, or POTS. Other disorders such as psychiatric disorders, swelling of the legs, vomiting, and heart failure can be caused by a vitamin B1 deficiency.
thanks!

R J

I thought northwestern Europeans are typical cromagnon dominant?

I am lucky that I feel better when I replace meat with milk. I wonder if I’m missing out in context of a muscle and performance diet if I get most of protein from milk. I wouldn’t be opposed to taking some supplemental aminos if there’s something that could help in performance

Last edited:

Vins7

It’s a news article:

Is there any way to tell if a person has more Neanderthal genes?

T

TheBeard

I learned through 23 and me.

You can usually tell by how androgenic they look and act.

Neanderthal types are those who look hypermasculine no matter how poor their diets and lifestyle are, they are just "life-proof".
In an argument their face will start to heat and turn red and they will automatically be in fight mode.

Cromagnons have more effeminate traits no matter how hard they try at life, no matter how healthy they live, and no matter how much hormones they take.
In an argument their throat will become tight and they will be in flight mode.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I thought northwestern Europeans are typical cromagnon dominant?

I am lucky that I feel better when I replace meat with milk. I wonder if I’m missing out in context of a muscle and performance diet if I get most of protein from milk. I wouldn’t be opposed to taking some supplemental aminos if there’s something that could help in performance
Even in people with some Neanderthal contributions it is very, very small so they would still be predominantly Cro-Magnon. Mine is estimated at less than 2%.

Vins7

I learned through 23 and me.
I can't understand your answer really well, sorry.
Are you saying that you have discovered this through your Life? Sorry if it's ridiculous, my English level is not really good
Are there some indicators to rely on to find out?

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I can't understand your answer really well, sorry.
Are you eating that you have discovered this through your Life? Sorry if it's ridiculous, my English level is not really good
Are there some indicators to rely on to find out?
No problem. It’s an ancestry dna test. I did it before I really understood the potential issues around submitting my dna so I’m not necessarily recommending the testing. 23 is in reference to our 23 chromosomes.

Vins7

No problem. It’s an ancestry dna test. I did it before I really understood the potential issues around submitting my dna so I’m not necessarily recommending the testing. 23 is in reference to our 23 chromosomes.
Thank you very much

Michael Mohn

You can usually tell by how androgenic they look and act.

Neanderthal types are those who look hypermasculine no matter how poor their diets and lifestyle are, they are just "life-proof".
In an argument their face will start to heat and turn red and they will automatically be in fight mode.

I know a few girls who have high archaic admixture and they look damn feminine. Neanderthal admixture in Europeans is 1-3%. All Europeans are mostly Chromagnons.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals