Why Animal Foods Should Be A Necessity And Not A Luxury

equipoise

Hans that was brilliant as always.
I love me some pork from time to time, it's abundant where I'm from.
Nothing beats a good pork roast with baked potatoes as a side.

R J

You can usually tell by how androgenic they look and act.

Neanderthal types are those who look hypermasculine no matter how poor their diets and lifestyle are, they are just "life-proof".
In an argument their face will start to heat and turn red and they will automatically be in fight mode.

Cromagnons have more effeminate traits no matter how hard they try at life, no matter how healthy they live, and no matter how much hormones they take.
In an argument their throat will become tight and they will be in flight mode.

Is this from your personal observation? How do you know someone has more Neanderthal ? They have DNA data ?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks for sharing @Hans , great article.

I feel like red meat is a true superfood, it's got so much good stuff. Interesting about the health benefits of 4-hydroxyproline, didn't know about that.

I have increased my intake of (grass fed) red meat to +0.6 kg per day and only seen benefits. For me it feels anti-inflammatory and gives me great long-lasting energy along with white rice.
Thanks man. I think there is still a lot more of muscle meat and organ meat that we can learn. I also think that meat is a superfood for some, especially organ meat. If some people don't want to eat muscle meat, I think a small portion of a mix of organ meat frequently is a great alternative (superior alternative).

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Also, do you think it's possible that some people have a higher baseline requirement for animal nutrients (carnosine/taurine/carnitine/cholesterol etc) due to ancestors that relied on lots of animal products for calories? Meaning they probably got large amounts of these nutrients and didn't need to produce them endogenously, and this got passed on epigenetically. I deteriorated fast on a vegan diet and wonder why some seem to hold up better long-term
Quite possibly yes. I'd say if you crave it, then eat it. If I'm at a buffet, I just eat massive amounts of meat as that's what I crave. Fruit, milk and meat are what I can live on forever.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Are animal foods more rich in thiamine? Or are plant foods?
Pork is actually a good source of vitamin B1. Orange juice, macadamia nuts and milk are also decent sources.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans that was brilliant as always.
I love me some pork from time to time, it's abundant where I'm from.
Nothing beats a good pork roast with baked potatoes as a side.
Thanks man.
I haven't had pork is such a long time I think I forgot how it tastes lol. Beef and especially beef fat is just amazing for my gut.

Is this from your personal observation? How do you know someone has more Neanderthal ? They have DNA data ?

East Asians are believed to have more Neanderthal DNA than Europeans while sub-Saharan Africans have far less than either group:
Interbreeding between archaic and modern humans - Wikipedia.

This runs contrary to Beard's observation of a positive correlation between Neanderthal ancestry and androgenicity/hypermasculinity.

R J

T

TheBeard

Quite possibly yes. I'd say if you crave it, then eat it. If I'm at a buffet, I just eat massive amounts of meat as that's what I crave. Fruit, milk and meat are what I can live on forever.

Hans, do you allow yourself pasteurized milk?
How does it go with your gut?

Regarding fruit, their fiber upset me, does it not for you?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter

Yeah, I drink about 2-3L of milk daily and do very well on it. No issues whatsoever. But I can't live on that alone though, I do need something solid (meat) with salt early-ish in the day.
In terms of fruit, I added in 750g of cooked apple and I'm quite happy to say that it digests very well. I have some meat and cooked apple early in the day and it gives me tons of energy until dinner (I have milk and OJ in between).
Apart from the apples I just drink OJ. It's going out of season soon, so much switch to another juice, probably apple juice.

R J

Are you a “coping” cromagnon? Do you really believe this type of admixture determines behaviour and responses or was that a joking post?

T

TheBeard

Yeah, I drink about 2-3L of milk daily and do very well on it. No issues whatsoever. But I can't live on that alone though, I do need something solid (meat) with salt early-ish in the day.
In terms of fruit, I added in 750g of cooked apple and I'm quite happy to say that it digests very well. I have some meat and cooked apple early in the day and it gives me tons of energy until dinner (I have milk and OJ in between).
Apart from the apples I just drink OJ. It's going out of season soon, so much switch to another juice, probably apple juice.

Thanks!

So you confirm the milk you drink is pasteurized?

Vinny

T

TheBeard

Thank you, Hans. Very useful, and I appreciate that you openly point that there's certainly anti-meat agenda.

If you want to know what to do: look at what's pushed by pharma, affiliated lobbies, and the government. Then do the opposite 99% of the time.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks!

So you confirm the milk you drink is pasteurized?
Yes, why?
I did drink raw milk for a long time and it was a good bulk food, but I can't say that I felt better on it vs pasteurized milk. Plus it's very difficult to get high quality raw milk. Most farmers aren't very hygienic in their practices. And it's quite a nuisance to keep fresh and skim.

Anyone seen this fascinating study, I know most pork sold today has a high Puffa
Profile unless it's diet is ancestral /no soy or grain, as Ray Peat said... The fat you
eat is the fat you wear, especially as pigs are not ruminants.

But this study, I think is talking about the flesh.
As I have a possible blood coagulation disorder
I would greatly appreciate members input, thoughts.

@Hans @equipoise

T

TheBeard

Yes, why?
I did drink raw milk for a long time and it was a good bulk food, but I can't say that I felt better on it vs pasteurized milk. Plus it's very difficult to get high quality raw milk. Most farmers aren't very hygienic in their practices. And it's quite a nuisance to keep fresh and skim.

I fare noticibly worse on pasteurized vs raw milk.
The bloating on raw milk is discomforting but not intolerable, I can actually function and feel good.
On pasteurized milk, I look pregnant, I have acne breakouts, and my brain gets foggy like crazy.

I'm trying a strict carnivore diet these days, so no fiber at all, I will try again the pasteurized milk again to see if without fiber in my gut it goes ok.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I fare noticibly worse on pasteurized vs raw milk.
The bloating on raw milk is discomforting but not intolerable, I can actually function and feel good.
On pasteurized milk, I look pregnant, I have acne breakouts, and my brain gets foggy like crazy.

I'm trying a strict carnivore diet these days, so no fiber at all, I will try again the pasteurized milk again to see if without fiber in my gut it goes ok.
Could it be due to the specific brand of pasteurized milk that you got that got emulsifiers, etc? I tend to bloat more with full fat if I drink a lot, but no bloat with low fat or skim.

Vinny

If you want to know what to do: look at what's pushed by pharma, affiliated lobbies, and the government. Then do the opposite 99% of the time.
Yep, this is one of the most sensible things we can do nowadays

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Anyone seen this fascinating study, I know most pork sold today has a high Puffa
Profile unless it's diet is ancestral /no soy or grain, as Ray Peat said... The fat you
eat is the fat you wear, especially as pigs are not ruminants.

But this study, I think is talking about the flesh.
As I have a possible blood coagulation disorder
I would greatly appreciate members input, thoughts.

@Hans @equipoise
It's interesting. Point being, don't eat unmarinated pork chop, else it might produce inflammation and coagulation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals