What Is Ray Peat's Goal?

michael94

hi, i have. i think its pretty neat, although time intensive, which is the nice part because it almost forces moms to slow down for the first few days. thanks for the link, you might like this article

The Role of Fear in the U.S. Birthing Process - by Colleen Bak
Yea and it doesn't necessarily have to be 6 days either... point being that maybe the baby should stay attached to the placenta a bit longer than standard practice. My mother works as a NICU nurse so she will appreciate this article. She's already convinced dozens of mothers to breastfeed that were brainwashed into thinking formula is superior.

LUH 3417

Yea and it doesn't necessarily have to be 6 days either... point being that maybe the baby should stay attached to the placenta a bit longer than standard practice. My mother works as a NICU nurse so she will appreciate this article. She's already convinced dozens of mothers to breastfeed that were brainwashed into thinking formula is superior.
thats amazing, kudos to your mom. I'm in nursing school and i see moms who WANT to breastfeed and can't get proper instruction or support because some of the nurses just don't care, or theres one lactation consultant that never makes it to see them...so it's nice to hear your mom is out there changing minds.

i agree about not clamping the cord right away. another great point thats been shown to lead to better new born outcomes within studies but is seldom applied in practice.

Many people are motivated by making money, but he makes almost nothing from his work and doesn't seem to care about monetizing his findings/starting a bona-fide business.

Many people are motivated by successfully raising a family, but I've never heard him mention anything about a wife or kids.

Many people are motivated by finding God, but he doesn't seem to be a fan of organized religion (although I don't know whether he believes in God in general).

Many people are motivated by just pursuing happiness, but I don't think someone who cared only about happiness would experiment on himself to eat nothing but wheat germ for months until his teeth fell out.

Is his goal to unlock the secret of immortality? That seems to be the only plausible one for me. Why does he do what he does? This man was once hunted by the CIA, so I highly doubt he's just lounging around with no purpose. What does he even do all day?

Like most scientists, he has an above average IQ and higher than average intellectual curiosity. But he seeks survival, reproduction, status, prestige, etc. just like the rest of us apes.

tara

a seemingly decent person.
likes learning about physiology.
And teaching.
I believe Ray's primal motivation is JUSTICE.
Ray is also an artist.
+1

My impression is he is motivated by wanting to:
- live a balanced life that keeps his mind active and healthy and curious and learning and creative.
- help make information, learning and related empowerment available to ordinary people
- support ordinary and poor people to get their needs for food and health - for instance, he talks about potatoes being a good source of cheap food that many people can afford compared with grains (note the income-based payment policy he's previously mentioned for teaching people about physiology advice)
- help show up authoritarian power and disinformation structures where he can - and he particularly chose the field he did because he believed this was an area where there was room for some reality. Also to help people who are subject to misuse of power to be less vulnerable to it, by having information they can use to help themselves.
- speak for a less polluted environment and less polluted food supply for everyone.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals