Assange Arrested And Facing Extradition

Will you still support Trump if he doesn't advocate for a fair treatment of Assange?

• Yes

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yerrag

I don't know about you guys, but I'm very concerned about Julian Assange's current situation. He and his organization Wikileaks has given us a front row view of the shenanigans going on in high levels of government. There are too many exposes to count, and I think the world is a better place with Wikileaks. But it seems that with the exception of the former president of Ecuader, Rafael Correa, no other world leader has publicly voiced support for Assange. It shows how the people in power worldwide are afraid of the truth, as the truth is that everything they do is a charade, and that this charade benefits them only. Allowing Assange to be free to do what he does is to allow their corruption to be exposed.

Trump can do the right thing instead of washing his hands and doing nothing. Doing so, he is feeding Assange to the dogs. This is an acid test for Trump, whether he is a true leader or simply just another showman like the rest. So far, he has been acting like a coward. For a man who has been through 2 years of his own persecution by bad actors in his own government, in his own party, as well as in the opposing party, he should know enough to put a top to this persecution.

My support for Trump is hanging by how he plays his hand in this situation. He cannot blame anybody this time. This is his call and no one else's.

Note: Since I can't edit the poll anymore, if you don't already support Trump, choose I don't care.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

Yeah if he does nothing he is showing that he is a puppet for the elite.

TeaRex14

I voted yes on the mere fact there's literally no one on the democratic side I would even consider supporting. Even Andrew Yang, who's being consider as some sort of "moderate" still has some rather dumb ideas. Besides, he won't win the primary anyways, it'll be either Beto, Biden, Warren, or Bernie all of which want to open the borders an let the world flood in. So I would be forced to support Trump even though I don't really want to. I wasn't thrilled about him in 2016 either to tell you the truth, I would've much rather had Rand Paul. I would support Adam Kokesh, and he's running. But lets get real, mathematically he has about a 1% chance, and realistically he has a 0% chance.

Frankdee20

Snowden and Assange should be given medals, not prison time. The Manning chick, well she is a traitor. LOL.

D

danishispsychic

Assange has a lot of power and a far reach - it will be interesting to see what gets leaked NOW. Trump is gross but let's see what he does.

Frankdee20

Assange has a lot of power and a far reach - it will be interesting to see what gets leaked NOW. Trump is gross but let's see what he does.

It would be very funny if something gets leaked as a contingency plan should he ever have been in harm. They must be holding back the goodies.

PhilParma

I imagine that Assange is getting a taste of them Orwellian "enhanced interrogation techniques" as we speak.

If he ends up dying in custody I bet a veritable treasure trove of insane documents will end up being automatically released. The Doomsday Release. He has had years to prepare for this.

sunraiser

There's now a battle in the UK government between supporters of Assange and those that vaguely state "justice must be done".

People should not forget the stuff he unearthed.

Almost 12 hours after Assange was arrested, Corbyn tweeted: “The extradition of Julian Assange to the US for exposing evidence of atrocities in Iraq and Afghanistan should be opposed by the British government.”

He accompanied his social media post with a video tweeted by Abbott, which she said showed leaked Pentagon footage of a 2007 airstrike in Iraq that implicated US armed forces in the killing of civilians and two journalists.

Corbyn is the leader of the labour party in the UK. I hope he isn't extradited. If nothing else this at least gives a fantastic indication to which politicians are corrupt and which are less likely to be.

Jeremy Corbyn on Twitter

Sheik

Assange may have won Trump the presidency. He ought to be treated fairly by Trump.

I think Trump is going to do whatever pacifies his supporters, and only that. It's a delicate situation, but I suspect Trump is going to treat Assange well, if he even does get extradited.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Corbyn is the leader of the labour party in the UK. I hope he isn't extradited. If nothing else this at least gives a fantastic indication to which politicians are corrupt and which are less likely to be.

Glad Corbyn tweeted as it took awhile for him to react. I think he was gauging the mood of the public before he reacted. At the very least the Labour Party leader voiced his support for Assange. The reaction in the US on both aisles has been muted.

It's telling that actions that are pro-people are always going to be opposed by governments. Government for the people is a cliché. It never is and never will be.

Nebula

2019 and people still think any major leader is not a complete powerless puppet? Dissidents on the level of Assange will get the treatment the world’s actual elite demand, not what some puppet decides independently or what the popular will of the people is.

It’s not looking good for Julian. It never was. It’s the path he chose though knowing the consequences and was willing to make the sacrifices he did. His work with Wikileaks has helped awaken millions to a sliver of how much we are lied to and deceived by some of the world’s most powerful organizations.

Was it worth it for Juilian? I hope so. He’s spent years living in two rooms in an embassy and will likely live the rest of his life in a prison with harsh treatment. I hope enough people have woken up that we learn to never trust power. Even power we think we agree with.

Last edited:

Whichway?

I’m not so sure about Assange? Sometimes I think he may be a very high functioning paranoid schizophrenic, and has over-hyped the conspiracy stuff about his going to Sweden to face charges, only to be whisked off to Guantanamo Bay. I think he is so high profile that it will make it hard for the elites or the US deep state to just disappear him, and they’ll have to be careful how they handle him due to public backlash.

I sometimes thought he would have been better to walk out years ago and challenge them directly rather than the way he’s played it, but only time will tell I guess. I wish him luck in his travails.

theLaw

I've found it helpful to try and look at actions instead of attempting to discern motives.

Assange is headed to protected US custody as the Mueller report appears to be morphing into a possible investigation of spying by the Obama administration.

Perhaps this is just the narrative that I'm using to explain the arrest, but it's an interesting coincidence.

sunraiser

Glad Corbyn tweeted as it took awhile for him to react. I think he was gauging the mood of the public before he reacted. At the very least the Labour Party leader voiced his support for Assange. The reaction in the US on both aisles has been muted.

It's telling that actions that are pro-people are always going to be opposed by governments. Government for the people is a cliché. It never is and never will be.

I don't know if he was gauging public mood as he's relatively outpsoken on these kinds of matters, generally. I'm glad he shared it too though.

I still have more faith than you :)

Or perhaps it's just that these institutions are going to be in place regardless, so I have to go with those that continually speak out against the establishment and corporate puppets.

It's a bit baffling to me that so few people are speaking out though. I think the rape accusation is such an easy target that people are scared to associate with him for fear of career stifling. It's mad that the charges came up at the exact same time wiki leaks became very prominent.

I do think more politicians would speak out if those charges weren't tied to his name, though. I hope so anyway!

oburns

I don't know about you guys, but I'm very concerned about Julian Assange's current situation. He and his organization Wikileaks has given us a front row view of the shenanigans going on in high levels of government. There are too many exposes to count, and I think the world is a better place with Wikileaks. But it seems that with the exception of the former president of Ecuader, Rafael Correa, no other world leader has publicly voiced support for Assange. It shows how the people in power worldwide are afraid of the truth, as the truth is that everything they do is a charade, and that this charade benefits them only. Allowing Assange to be free to do what he does is to allow their corruption to be exposed.

Trump can do the right thing instead of washing his hands and doing nothing. Doing so, he is feeding Assange to the dogs. This is an acid test for Trump, whether he is a true leader or simply just another showman like the rest. So far, he has been acting like a coward. For a man who has been through 2 years of his own persecution by bad actors in his own government, in his own party, as well as in the opposing party, he should know enough to put a top to this persecution.

My support for Trump is hanging by how he plays his hand in this situation. He cannot blame anybody this time. This is his call and no one else's.

Note: Since I can't edit the poll anymore, if you don't already support Trump, choose I don't care.

I would post this on INFO WARS as Trump supposedly reads this site. Jon Rappoport (journalist for NO MORE FAKE NEWS) as he mentioned this once in his articles

CALL HIM OUT ON IT. Post Tweets to his sons as well.

tankasnowgod

I've found it helpful to try and look at actions instead of attempting to discern motives.

Assange is headed to protected US custody as the Mueller report appears to be morphing into a possible investigation of spying by the Obama administration.

Perhaps this is just the narrative that I'm using to explain the arrest, but it's an interesting coincidence.

Realistically, if Assange was ever going to leave that Embassy alive, it was going to be in some sort of police custody. That could very well even be for his protection. Considering the enemies he made, if he ever just strolled out of that Embassy as a "free" man, he likely would have just disappeared or been found up "mysteriously" dead a short time afterward.

The timing is very interesting, as you mentioned.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Scott Adams made the observation that the media, for the first time, has not made up its mind on one thing, and this is on whether or not to support Assange. And this hinges a lot on Trump's current ambivalence on it. It seems like Fox is waiting to support whatever stance Trump makes, while the rest of the media, the resistance, is waiting to oppose whatever stance Trump makes. Very, very I wouldn't say odd, but I guess I'd call this surreal.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I would post this on INFO WARS as Trump supposedly reads this site. Jon Rappoport (journalist for NO MORE FAKE NEWS) as he mentioned this once in his articles

CALL HIM OUT ON IT. Post Tweets to his sons as well.
Please post it as I don't know how. But it would be good for Trump to know.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

It's a bit baffling to me that so few people are speaking out though. I think the rape accusation is such an easy target that people are scared to associate with him for fear of career stifling. It's mad that the charges came up at the exact same time wiki leaks became very prominent.
Yeah. I feel the same way. It seems most of the rest of the world is busy watching Netflix or Game of Thrones or the NBA Playoffs. The feeling I get is like when I go to a city littered with feces, and I just don't feel the need to go to the john anymore to answer nature's call.

Frankdee20

Yeah. I feel the same way. It seems most of the rest of the world is busy watching Netflix or Game of Thrones or the NBA Playoffs. The feeling I get is like when I go to a city littered with feces, and I just don't feel the need to go to the john anymore to answer nature's call.

Netflix should run a show loosely based on Wikileaks and Assange, and corruption, intrigue, and assasination. LOL

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals