Ray Peat's work is a ton of hypothesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony

With only a sprinkle of fact.

Sorry I wanted to make this in the debate forum but it is locked. I guess this place does not appreciate dissent. You people take his words so blindly and even his own words dont add up with his various email consultations. When I googled Ray Peat and Haagen Dazs and 1of the email consultations I got on Critical Mas site has him saying he doesn't eat any US ice cream brands due to them being very low quality and 1 pint of ice cream is nowhere close nutritionally to 1 pint of milk. yet many of you hype Haagen Dazs or other Ice cream brands as the holy grail of nutrition.There are many others contradictions i have seen over the years I have been reading Ray Peat writings and what others have been saying about his writings such as this forum, various other forums and Danny Roddy. So many things do not add up, you can lock this thread and ban me if you wish. I won't stop your self destruction as you continue living in this fantasy land. I just wanted to say my peace.

johns74

Then why you spend time here? Of all the wrong forums, paleo, frutarian, etc., why bother spending time here? Do you have a mental issue?

uuy8778yyi

you're right

you need a low carb, raw vegan diet, and raw chinese herb powder to become spiritual.
avoid toxic carbs from fruit which destroy the body
take fish oil to increase intelligence and cure......everything basically
take the raw chia/hemp/flax cereal because they are superfoods which cure disease
start eating raw coffee beans and raw cocoa beans, well, just because you can
start eating wheatgrass powder too.
also eat raw kale smoothies. it's healthy

it's good for you

Blinkyrocket

I don't see why this would be a bad thing even if it was true... We act as if a study has to prove something for it to be right, sugar and the effects it has on your body still do the exact same thing they always have EVEN BEFORE they did studies on it... O_O HOLY CRAP!!!

Blinkyrocket

I'm probably liveing proof of PUFA's power to screw you up, flip through my threads and posts and you'll see what I mean, before peat my diet was 100-150g (I added it up on cronometer) of PUFA everyday.

Blinkyrocket

I'm probably liveing proof of PUFA's power to screw you up, flip through my threads and posts and you'll see what I mean, before peat my diet was 100-150g (I added it up on cronometer) of PUFA everyday.

OP
A

Anthony

johns74 said:
Then why you spend time here? Of all the wrong forums, paleo, frutarian, etc., why bother spending time here? Do you have a mental issue?

I initially joined to learn since i was interested in Dr. Peats work. Instead all I found was another cult. Just like Paleo , Keto, Vegan, etc. Your accusing me of a mental issue? Just look at the post below yours.

johns74

Anthony said:
johns74 said:

I initially joined to learn since i was interested in Dr. Peats work. Instead all I found was another cult.

And now you're staying just to show your superiority to a bunch of strangers?

A

Anonymous

Let's not attack him because many of us have been in his shoes. He has high estrogen and serotonin. Picking a fight on this forum to provoke a reaction. This ain't a cult. This is the TRUTH. We are here to help people. We gain nothing from attracting new members. This community is a resource for people who have been chewed up and spit back out by modern medicine. The insanity that provides zero answers to people with chronic conditions. On the surface peats ideas maybe seem a little weird but look at it with fresh eyes. His concepts have helped many people. I think your confusing our passion and respect for Ray's work as cultish. If you spend enough time here, one day it will all click for you like it has for many around here.

Let's put things into perspective here. You are knocking a diet that is made up of the following foods:

Fruit
Dairy
Eggs
Shellfish
Liver
Ruminant meats
Potatoes

How twisted is your perspective on health that you think these foods are absurd?

pboy

LOL

na man, he's being noble...and stopping us from our s elf destruction. Hes a white knight. We bow down, now tell us the truth....

...you don't know?

ha. dude, ya gutta come to ya'rone conclusions. Stop looking for someone to wipe your bum for you. I went through a little phase where I tried to play devils advocate a few months back. But after continuing my research, no one talks about these very important things, specifically like Peat does, which is why I still love Peat. After trying to come up with ways to move on, I can't, I keep coming back to Peat: :banghead :lol:

It goes beyond some petty häagen-dazs or trivial diet stuff buddy! It's bigger than that! Wake up! :eek: :!:

Why do many scientists and doctors not talk about these things? They seem pretty important.

He's is right about:

Estrogen. This is a big one. Big, big one.

PUFA - Specifically in the highly bioavailable form of liquid oils that are directly absorbed into the bloodstream and stored right away on the adipose, only to cause stress when liberated at a later time.

PUFA Breakdown products - acrolein, malondialdehyde, hydroxynonenal, crotonaldehyde, lipid peroxides, isoprostanes, prostaglandins, neuroprostanes, eicosanoids, leukotrienes. The true cause of heart disease.

Glycogen, as opposed to people who ignore the importance of glycogen, i.e. ketosis, or simply just not recommending enough carbohydrate, and from the right sources.

Serotonin - This is another big, big, big one. Even the mainstream medical czars know about "Serotonin Syndrome."

Co2.

EFA's. Think about all the people taking them.

Anti thyroid and inflammatory amino acids - methionine, cystine, arginine, and tryptophan.

Fructose/High fruit intake which is a high carbohydrate intake.

Caffeine/Coffee. It's a vitamin when you understand uricase and uric acid.

Iron and excess toxic metals. Huge.

The importance of thyroid function.

Endotoxin.

Melatonin.

Lactic Acid.

Darkness.

Blue Light.

Sunlight.

Cytochrome Oxidase. Huge.

Radiation.

X-Rays.

Over-Exercise.

Nitric oxide.

Pituitary hormones.

Anti-authoritarianism.

Expressing oneself artistically.

Go try and find someone who can paint a picture of all those things as coherently as Peat. You can't.

I thank the conscious matter of the universe for Raymond Peat. :carrot2

Dave_Kermode

It might appear that way for many of his scientific references are relatively obscure (non-English or ancient). At times, the references he cites have made conclusions unsupported by their own data. Perhaps more than his 'research', his brilliance lies in the organisation and synthesis of knowledge related to fields not limited to biology. It also doesn't help that his writing style paradoxically forsakes clarity for precision.

The Danny Roddys of the world, in my humble opinion, are unashamedly amateurish and, at worst, cynical businessmen. Unfortunately, most of his self-proclaimed acolytes are given to certitude while Ray comes across quite considered and open-minded himself. Given that his followers are not likely to be (true) experts in nutrition, their views should only be considered entertainment.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Anthony said:
I initially joined to learn since i was interested in Dr. Peats work. Instead all I found was another cult.

So I guess you will not be going through the initiation?

whigec.jpg

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Anthony said:

:roll:

Sorry I wanted to make this in the debate forum but it is locked. I guess this place does not appreciate dissent.

What we don't appreciate here is name calling, trolling, and just all around bad energy.

You people take his words so blindly and even his own words dont add up with his various email consultations.

:bow :bow :bow [glow=red]Ray Peat[/glow]

Vinero

I don't like how people immediately start throwing sarcastic comments at the topic starter. That's what stupid paleo, low-carbers, and vegans do too whenever someone starts asking questions about the dietary philosophy.

"There are many others contradictions i have seen over the years"

Like what? Please give a better example than haagen dasz ice cream. As if eating ice cream is the central theme of Ray Peats teachings.

Bodhi

Anthony said:

Sorry I wanted to make this in the debate forum but it is locked. I guess this place does not appreciate dissent. You people take his words so blindly and even his own words dont add up with his various email consultations. When I googled Ray Peat and Haagen Dazs and 1of the email consultations I got on Critical Mas site has him saying he doesn't eat any US ice cream brands due to them being very low quality and 1 pint of ice cream is nowhere close nutritionally to 1 pint of milk. yet many of you hype Haagen Dazs or other Ice cream brands as the holy grail of nutrition.There are many others contradictions i have seen over the years I have been reading Ray Peat writings and what others have been saying about his writings such as this forum, various other forums and Danny Roddy. So many things do not add up, you can lock this thread and ban me if you wish. I won't stop your self destruction as you continue living in this fantasy land. I just wanted to say my peace.

"Ray Peat's work is a ton of hypothesis" : So is your statement...

I agree, i thinks it's strange the debate forum is locked an i do not know why this is...
and before we investigate why this is we cannot make assumptions or conclusions that dissent is not appreciated.

You Googled Ray Peat? So you follow Google blindly???

If you study Ray Peat or anything else with a mind full of assumptions and quick judgements then everything you come across wil be experienced like you describe ...

Buddhas advice : Do not take everything i say for truth, explore experience for yourself, find your own truth.

What you desribe is nothing but a projection .. Drop these thoughts , follow what feels right for you ..

"Baby my whole work here is to confuse you"
-Osho-

Cheerio

Bodhi

Suikerbuik

sugar and the effects it has on your body still do the exact same thing they always have EVEN BEFORE they did studies on it...

That is absolutely not true...

I kind of feel for anthony though I do not consider Peat's work as a ton of hypothesis. The basic things mentioned by Westse PUFAs are undoubtedly behind western ailments..

To note, we see a lot of studies coming by supporting Peat views, but studies contradicting Peat's views are not really posted. Sure we can also use common sense (still hypothesis.. ) and also our feelings to validate his work, but we clearly don't exactly know how things work at cellular level. We are only beginning to grasp what is happening. I too have the feeling that people, after reading Peat's work, think they have an answer to everything.. I.e that things like sugar or calories or reduction of serotonin through medication is the solution. There is still a lot to be explored!!

Blinkyrocket

Suikerbuik said:
sugar and the effects it has on your body still do the exact same thing they always have EVEN BEFORE they did studies on it...

That is absolutely not true...

I kind of feel for anthony though I do not consider Peat's work as a ton of hypothesis. The basic things mentioned by Westse PUFAs are undoubtedly behind western ailments..

To note, we see a lot of studies coming by supporting Peat views, but studies contradicting Peat's views are not really posted. Sure we can also use common sense (still hypothesis.. ) and also our feelings to validate his work, but we clearly don't exactly know how things work at cellular level. We are only beginning to grasp what is happening. I too have the feeling that people, after reading Peat's work, think they have an answer to everything.. I.e that things like sugar or calories or reduction of serotonin through medication is the solution. There is still a lot to be explored!!
??? o_O my whole point was that whatever sugar does, it does it even if we don't know what it does... Unless that's not true............................... Which I think it is. My point is that we don't have to know what sugar does for sugar to do what it does. Unless you actually think that by reading a study on sugar, it's effects on the body can change (it wouldn't be sugar, but you can actually inflict change on your body just by believing it will happen) than I think you misread my post.

On the topic of sugar, we have taste sensors for it, and our brain recognizes it as good so I'm gonna eat it.

Also, what if thinking we have the solution (placebo) IS the solution? than, don't ruin it for us, gosh dangit.

I hope to go to college someday for biology and see some of this stuff for myself, hopefully I don't get corrupted by money before I'm able to see what sugar and PUFA's do, after that I plan on getting corrupted for money :P
(I'm joking)
And hopefully I actually get a job, but oh well if I'm gonna go to college it might as well be to learn something academic.

Blinkyrocket said:
??? o_O my whole point was that whatever sugar does, it does it even if we don't know what it does... Unless that's not true............................... Which I think it is. My point is that we don't have to know what sugar does for sugar to do what it does. Im having trouble not calling you an idiot because I just think you didn't read my comment correctly.

On the topic of sugar, we have taste sensors for it, and our brain recognizes it as good so I'm gonna eat it.

Also, what if thinking we have the solution (placebo) IS the solution? than, don't ruin it for us, gosh dangit.

Are you talking about sucrose? Cane sugar? We do know what it does. It's just pure sucrose which is half glucose and half fructose. It is simply sucrose extracted from the sugarcane plant. There is sucrose in fruits too. You could extrat sucrose from fruits if you wanted to too. The body uses it for energy. Glycogen.

"Although plain sucrose can alleviate the metabolic suppression of an average diet, the effect of sugars in the diet is much more likely to be healthful in the long run when they are associated with an abundance of minerals, as in milk and fruit, which provide potassium and calcium and other protective nutrients." - Raymond Peat, PhD

"Refined granulated sugar is extremely pure, but it lacks all of the essential nutrients, so it should be considered as a temporary therapeutic material, or as an occasional substitute when good fruit isn't available, or when available honey is allergenic." - Raymond Peat, PhD

http://beesandbutterflies.org/46094/hav ... show=46137

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals