What are the good options for STORE BOUGHT bone broth (US)?

Using wings is far superior to using the feet, because no manicuring is necessary and there is a meal that comes from making the broth, a “win win”. @Valor is right in listening to me!

HeyThere

Not throwing mud, just throwing boof.

Using wings is far superior to using the feet, because no manicuring is necessary and there is a meal that comes from making the broth, a “win win”. @Valor is right in listening to me!

You clearly said the gelatin is mostly made from the toenails which is 100% incorrect.

I'm outie of this thread, I only came to give factual, helpful info.

I think you have good overall info in all the threads i see you in, but this one was a boof.

You clearly said the gelatin is mostly made from the toenails which is 100% incorrect.

I'm outie of this thread, I only came to give factual, helpful info.

I think you have good overall info in all the threads i see you in, but this one was a boof.
I did not say the nails were the only reason, but rather they add to. It is known that horse hooves makes glue and gelatin, and considering Ray Peat recommends the feet as a rich source of gelatin, he never suggested the manicure. He does say that bones are not wise to use for gelatin because of their heavy metals, and is why he he says a shorter cook time is best, so the metals are not released into the broth. He says that cartilage and skin are best, but skin is high in keratin, so I think it is still up for debate.

“Keratins help form the tissues of the hair, nails, and the outer layer of the skin. They are also found on cells in the lining of organs, glands, and other parts of the body.”

"Some types of cell damage are prevented almost as well by alanine and proline as by glycine, so the use of gelatin, rather than glycine, is preferable, especially when the gelatin is associated with its normal biochemicals. For example, skin is a rich source of steroid hormones, and cartilage contains “Mead acid,” which is itself antiinflammatory." -Ray Peat

ME:
Good morning Dr. Peat!

Is there such a thing as too much bone broth? Can too much of is cause any harm?

RAY PEAT
Bone broth made with marrow bones can be harmful, because of the iron and fat. Cartilage and skin make the best gelatinous broth.

HeyThere

That walking around in poop made and “snip snip” me laugh! The feet are just so unappealing. I don’t think the bones in the feet make much gelatin, as much as the connective joints and skin do.

It's all of it, minus the toenails which do zero for gelatin.
It is known that horse hooves makes glue and gelatin, and considering Ray Peat recommends the feet as a rich source of gelatin, he never suggested the manicure. He does say that bones are not wise to use for gelatin because of their heavy metals, and is why he he says a shorter cook time is best, so the metals are not released into the broth. He says that cartilage and skin are best, but skin is high in keratin, so I think it is still up for debate.

“Keratins help form the tissues of the hair, nails, and the outer layer of the skin. They are also found on cells in the lining of organs, glands, and other parts of the body.”

"Some types of cell damage are prevented almost as well by alanine and proline as by glycine, so the use of gelatin, rather than glycine, is preferable, especially when the gelatin is associated with its normal biochemicals. For example, skin is a rich source of steroid hormones, and cartilage contains “Mead acid,” which is itself antiinflammatory." -Ray Peat

ME:
Good morning Dr. Peat!

Is there such a thing as too much bone broth? Can too much of is cause any harm?

RAY PEAT
Bone broth made with marrow bones can be harmful, because of the iron and fat. Cartilage and skin make the best gelatinous broth.

Exactly. Chicken feet are cartridge and skin and bones. Argue all you want lol, but toenails, hooves etc are keratin.

Again, I'mm outta here as I don't need gelatin and can't have it due to Salicylate issues. If ya'll believe and want to cook chicken toenails, by golly don't let me stop ya.

omg, are you seriously arguing against yourself now? LOL. Skin may HAVE keratin, but it's not made 100% of it.

Please, just stop now and go enjoy your weekend :)
The bone fluoride is very insoluble, so I don’t think there’s a problem. Long bones contain marrow, and prolonged cooking of that produces a lot of fat oxidation products. The tendons and ligaments around joints are the main source of gelatin, rather than the bone itself.” -Ray Peat

This is all I replied to, addressed, and corrected. The toenails. Please, stop.
If you don’t appreciate the exchange change the channel. Don’t be so rude as to tell somebody they are not allowed to talk. I am just talk a whole lot more now.

HeyThere

If you don’t appreciate the exchange change the channel. Don’t be so rude as to tell somebody they are not allowed to talk. I am just talk a whole lot more now.

I asked you to stop addressing me directly because you refuse to admit your statement was 100% false, and instead you are arguing things I already agree with because they are true.

I will take this as a learning lesson for any future posts that I come across of yours as I see you are not able to share information, and learn from that shared information when you are wrong. If I want that garbage I'll listen to Fauxi.

Keep in mind that if one has a negative response to gelatin, especially store bought, it can possibly come from allergies to carrots or celery. My son is allergic to both of those. It can also be a reaction to the pesticides in those vegetables. That is a reason why I don’t put vegetables in my bone broths. I like the versatility of a more clean flavor so I can add in what I want..

HeyThere

Your ego had an out. You joked with me about boofing, etc. Instead of admitting toenails are keratin and create zero gelatin which is 100% the opposite of your statement that toenails are WHY chicken feet make excellent gelatin, you doubled down and started stating the obvious to not only normal every day people, but especially people already invested in making their own gelatin: Gelatin is made from cartridge, bones and skin of the animals we are making them from.

I asked you to stop addressing me directly because you refuse to admit your statement was 100% false, and instead you are arguing things I already agree with because they are true.

I will take this as a learning lesson for any future posts that I come across of yours as I see you are not able to share information, and learn from that shared information when you are wrong. If I want that garbage I'll listen to Fauxi.
You should take your own advice then and quit responding to me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals