What are the good options for STORE BOUGHT bone broth (US)?

JamesGatz

The gelatin powder I've been using for the past two years changed their formula recently because their new bottle makes me SICK

I AM NOT in a situation where I can make bone broth myself consistently so im looking for GOOD OPTIONS for store-bought bone broth for the US

Something that is more DIGESTIVE-FRIENDLY

If someone has had GOOD EXPERIENCES with certain brands for bone broth (all the brands I've tried makes me want to VOMIT) PLEASE HELP A BROTHER OUT - Thank You

None. They are all nasty tasting, some even sour. They are all cooked way too long. Ray Peat says to cook a bone broth no longer than 3 hours otherwise the bones start releasing their stored heavy metals. I push my luck to cooking my beef broth 5 hours. The oxalates from the vegetables are no good. I am sure the fluoride levels are high too, not to mention there is never any thickness to them, which indicates they did not use cartilage and skin, just bones. Make your own, you have lots of time. I can give you some good tips. I bet yours will be amazing!

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

None. They are all nasty tasting, some even sour. They are all cooked way too long. Ray Peat says to cook a bone broth no longer than 3 hours otherwise the bones start releasing their stored heavy metals. I push my luck to cooking my beef broth 5 hours. The oxalates from the vegetables are no good. I am sure the fluoride levels are high too, not to mention there is never any thickness to them, which indicates they did not use cartilage and skin, just bones. Make your own, you have lots of time. I can give you some good tips. I bet yours will be amazing!
Yea you're right honestly, literally cannot find a SINGLE ONE that isn't loaded with preservatives or some toxic waste

Im trying out FOND bone broth, kind of expensive but its the only one I can find without preservatives

, if this doesnt work out, im going to have to start making my own

orpheus

Hi Mr Gatz, I've enjoyed this bone broth, haven't had any negative reactions to it, made me feel nice and warm, maybe you try?
iu

Yea you're right honestly, literally cannot find a SINGLE ONE that isn't loaded with preservatives or some toxic waste

Im trying out FOND bone broth, kind of expensive but its the only one I can find without preservatives

It is so much cheaper to make your own. I buy a bag of frozen beef bones, roast a few in a big pot for 25 minutes on 375 degrees, add water and boil for 5 hours without a lid. It is that easy. You have to keep adding water, but it is literall effortless, and it gets so thick like jello. I freeze the fat that gets hard at the top after refrigerating, to fry things in. Here is a pic of my 5 hour beef broth and a link to making my chicken broth.

Attachments

• 04BA6500-2DEB-41A5-922E-B2F74907A788.jpeg
    04BA6500-2DEB-41A5-922E-B2F74907A788.jpeg
    283.9 KB · Views: 40

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Bone stores lead. Careful.

Jennifer

@JamesGatz, I use the bone broth below in my dad’s meals:

HeyThere

If you are going to eventually make your own, my previous research pointed towards... wait for it... chicken feet. Yes, bone broth made from chicken feet. I had to find an Asian market and sure enough they had pre-packaged chicken feet. I took them home, washed them, and cut the toenails/toes off with a big clipper. it was gross. but it made the healthiest, thickest gelatin broth ever. Too bad I couldn't have much of it since I am Salicylate Sensitive and I got a reaction quickly.

But it's a cheap way to make dense, quality, gelatin considering the market charges almost $6+ for 2 beef bones.

If you are going to eventually make your own, my previous research pointed towards... wait for it... chicken feet. Yes, bone broth made from chicken feet. I had to find an Asian market and sure enough they had pre-packaged chicken feet. I took them home, washed them, and cut the toenails/toes off with a big clipper. it was gross. but it made the healthiest, thickest gelatin broth ever. Too bad I couldn't have much of it since I am Salicylate Sensitive and I got a reaction quickly.

But it's a cheap way to make dense, quality, gelatin considering the market charges almost $6+ for 2 beef bones.
Why did you cut the toenails off? The nails are why the feet are so ideal for making gelatin. Did you cook your broth under 5 hours? The longer you cook the gelatin the higher the histamine content. Even with my short cooked broths, I cannot have it at night or I wake up the next morning with puffy eyes. I have mine at lunch and drink coffee with sugar and salt in it afterwards, since caffeine, sugar and salt are good antihistamines. Finding that out from Ray Peat was a game changer in my health.

Valor

Thank you! I look forward to your replies on these topics!
Why did you cut the toenails off? The nails are why the feet are so ideal for making gelatin. Did you cook your broth under 5 hours? The longer you cook the gelatin the higher the histamine content. Even with my short cooked broths, I cannot have it at night or I wake up the next morning with puffy eyes. I have mine at lunch and drink coffee with sugar and salt in it afterwards, since caffeine, sugar and salt are good antihistamines. Finding that out from Ray Peat was a game changer in my health

I personally can’t use the chicken feet. They float to the top with their nails pointing upwards, looking like a witches cauldron. It looked murderous! I can’t stomach another round of it.

HeyThere

Why did you cut the toenails off? The nails are why the feet are so ideal for making gelatin. Did you cook your broth under 5 hours? The longer you cook the gelatin the higher the histamine content. Even with my short cooked broths, I cannot have it at night or I wake up the next morning with puffy eyes. I have mine at lunch and drink coffee with sugar and salt in it afterwards, since caffeine, sugar and salt are good antihistamines. Finding that out from Ray Peat was a game changer in my health.

The main source of the gelatin are the feet as the feet are all bones.

To further my point: "But [nails] consist of a different protein, keratin, which can't produce gelatin."

Snipping the toenails off was at first just a cultural thing., and I knew they were useless anyways. I felt the toenails were waking around in chicken poop and got deep into them, so snip snip.

This was over 5 yrs ago so I don't remember how long I cooked them. I followed the recipe for cooking chicken feet for gelatin lol.

Source for nails being keratin and can't make gelatin:

HeyThere

I personally can’t use the chicken feet. They float to the top with their nails pointing upwards, looking like a witches cauldron. It looked murderous! I can’t stomach another round of it.

It truly was nasty looking LMAO. but the gelatin it made.. that was some seriously quality stuff.

Just research it.

HeyThere

Be careful. Everyone here in this, and all forums, only know what we know. not everyone is correct :) It behooves you to always do your own further research with what you read anywhere.

The main source of the gelatin are the feet as the feet are all bones.

To further my point: "But [nails] consist of a different protein, keratin, which can't produce gelatin."

Snipping the toenails off was at first just a cultural thing., and I knew they were useless anyways. I felt the toenails were waking around in chicken poop and got deep into them, so snip snip.

This was over 5 yrs ago so I don't remember how long I cooked them. I followed the recipe for cooking chicken feet for gelatin lol.

Source for nails being keratin and can't make gelatin:

That walking around in poop made and “snip snip” me laugh! The feet are just so unappealing. I don’t think the bones in the feet make much gelatin, as much as the connective joints and skin do.

Be careful. Everyone here in this, and all forums, only know what we know. not everyone is correct :) It behooves you to always do your own further research with what you read anywhere.
Hey there! I am wealth of knowledge! 😝

It truly was nasty looking LMAO. but the gelatin it made.. that was some seriously quality stuff.

Just research it.
I have made broth with feet, and the broth I make with the wings, and their bones is just as good. You should try making a batch with them. I like the flavor better too with the wings. My sense of taste is really heightened, and I can taste the bleach that they wash the feet with, and I buy pastured feet from the health food store. Here is a pic of my wing bone broth, without veggies or vinegar and cooked under 4 hours.

Attachments

• 0FC8ED8B-544B-4ECC-8FB6-4EC86892BB54.jpeg
    0FC8ED8B-544B-4ECC-8FB6-4EC86892BB54.jpeg
    291 KB · Views: 15
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals