Vericocele caused by high prolactin?

Decentguy13

I recently started taking 0.5 mgs of cabergoline twice a week the vericocele i had disappeared when i began taking it and my testicles got much tighter and fuller which leads me to think my vericocele was caused by prolactin being elevated if anyone knows more about this please share

Dillon

This is fascinating. Thanks for posting. I wonder what else cabergoline could affect that could reverse the varicocele. Maybe lowering prolactin freed up healing pathways.

Glacier_Sama

I recently started taking 0.5 mgs of cabergoline twice a week the vericocele i had disappeared when i began taking it and my testicles got much tighter and fuller which leads me to think my vericocele was caused by prolactin being elevated if anyone knows more about this please share
I had a Left varicocele, it was pretty bad. Swollen and painful and caused temporary atrophy.

I did some research on here and people were suggesting it could be caused by estrogen.

Cleared it up with Alpha-tocopherol (Vitamin E) which works as an aromatase inhibitor and estrogen receptor antagonist at 180mg per day.

Alpha Tocopherol also lowers Prolactin so there's that aspect as well. Varicocele went away after a week or two.

EustaceBagge

I have 2 mild varicose veins on my calf muscles, yet my estrogen is almost in the gutter thanks to exemestane. Prolactin explains a lot in this case. But instead of medications I would rather like to know what causes the rise in prolactin to begin with. Most likely it is stress, at least for me...

Glacier_Sama

I have 2 mild varicose veins on my calf muscles, yet my estrogen is almost in the gutter thanks to exemestane. Prolactin explains a lot in this case. But instead of medications I would rather like to know what causes the rise in prolactin to begin with. Most likely it is stress, at least for me...
There may be a connection between varicose veins in general and Prolactin.

When it comes to Varicocele in the testicles specifically, I believe it's caused by excess estrogen. However, there may be a Prolactin connection there also.

Before I tried alpha tocopherol, I tried raw carrots, which lower estrogen, and that somewhat helped. I don't particularly like carrots though so I switched to Vitamin E supplements and the varicocele went away completely and healed.

greeneclipse

I had a Left varicocele, it was pretty bad. Swollen and painful and caused temporary atrophy.

I did some research on here and people were suggesting it could be caused by estrogen.

Cleared it up with Alpha-tocopherol (Vitamin E) which works as an aromatase inhibitor and estrogen receptor antagonist at 180mg per day.

Alpha Tocopherol also lowers Prolactin so there's that aspect as well. Varicocele went away after a week or two.

Mind sharing which Vit E product you took? My husband has this same issue along with hydrocele.

Do you still take it or did you stop after it resolved?

Glacier_Sama

Mind sharing which Vit E product you took? My husband has this same issue along with hydrocele.

Do you still take it or did you stop after it resolved?
I used Spring Valley Vitamin E (DL-alpha Tocopherol). I used 180mg-260mg per day, with 260mg being better, but really no need to go above that.

The Spring Valley brand works fine for me, but even better would be Vitamin E in the form of 'D-alpha tocopherol' as opposed to 'DL-alpha' since the former is natural vitamin E and the latter is synthetic E.
Main thing is to make sure it doesn't contain soy because of its estrogenic effects.

Varicocele went away completely, no more swelling, no more pain.
I don't have to continue the vitamin E, but I'm my best self when estrogen is under control so I continue to take it just whenever I choose.

One thing about Vitamin E is it causes the body to use up vitamin K and K2 over time and since these K vitamins thicken the blood, Vitamin E can have a blood thinning effect if you take alot or very often and aren't getting any K vitamins.

I don't supplement K, but I get it in food, haven't had any issues and my varicocele problem was over a year ago, so I've been using E for that long.

(This isn't medical advice, just my experience.)

greeneclipse

I used Spring Valley Vitamin E (DL-alpha Tocopherol). I used 180mg-260mg per day, with 260mg being better, but really no need to go above that.

The Spring Valley brand works fine for me, but even better would be Vitamin E in the form of 'D-alpha tocopherol' as opposed to 'DL-alpha' since the former is natural vitamin E and the latter is synthetic E.
Main thing is to make sure it doesn't contain soy because of its estrogenic effects.

Varicocele went away completely, no more swelling, no more pain.
I don't have to continue the vitamin E, but I'm my best self when estrogen is under control so I continue to take it just whenever I choose.

One thing about Vitamin E is it causes the body to use up vitamin K and K2 over time and since these K vitamins thicken the blood, Vitamin E can have a blood thinning effect if you take alot or very often and aren't getting any K vitamins.

I don't supplement K, but I get it in food, haven't had any issues and my varicocele problem was over a year ago, so I've been using E for that long.

(This isn't medical advice, just my experience.)
Got it! Thanks for sharing!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals