Topical T3 For Hair Growth

HLP

I'd be careful with your choice of moisturizer. Pufa free is a must. Cocoa butter or tallow based would be my choice.

Vegancrossfit

I'd be careful with your choice of moisturizer. Pufa free is a must. Cocoa butter or tallow based would be my choice.

I don’t think that’s true. Case in point here:
Essential fatty acids (1), to be continued... - The Last Breath

EFAs-for-hair-question-mark.png

Kenny

So among the primary objectives for us folks with hair problems is to raise Sex Hormone Binding Globulin. In the dietary advice it was suggested we start eating more protein and fiber.

Diet and Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin

This study suggests that SHBG is lowered by protein and raised by fiber. So this suggests we should be focusing a whole lot more on fiber than on protein right? That kind of sucks if you are trying to put on muscle...

Vegancrossfit

Yes, trying to build a lot of muscle is by definition antagonistic to preserving hair, because igf1 and insulin will be high for anabolic purposes, and those will trash shbg down. Some lifters have really high shbg though, but that is akin to distance runners: excessive calories out and excessive dietary restriction, shooting shbg up.

igf1 and insulin will strongly increase 5ar. Thats why testosterone based bodybuilding (with all its dietary excesses) produces bald cows with red skin. That’s why nandrolone is the safest for bodybuilding: it is reduced into the weakest androgen there is, and it produced aesthetic freaks.

Vegancrossfit

So is supplementing omega 3 a good idea or not. Really conflicting info on here.

Don’t think there’s a need for supplementation. But avoiding at all costs or whatever I read here, not needed either. Eat all kinds of fish, whole unsalted nuts, ground seeds, whatever you enjoy.

TibRex

Hey Murtaza I asked Georgi if he could clarify how this study would relate to human beings, he suggested its only

How would I go about doing this? And isnt cyclosporine immunosuppresive? I think Id rather not cheat

What to take to fix the thymus?
Thank you sir

Downing raw thymus gland, I guess ... sounds awful until you realize that it's available in pill form : Search - thymus natural glandular - iHerb

No, I haven't tried that ... but do let us know when you've decided on giving it a try + posting the wonderful [hopefully] results!

Japanese researchers have found that eating soy + chillies for a period time can stimulate hair regrowth.

Last edited:

TibRex

Thanks a lot for the advice @Fidelio .

Oh I see. I was under the impression they functioned identically. Its too bad cyclosporine isn't actually an option.

So unfortunate. Side effects side effects side effects everywhere. It seems highly unlikely that I will be able to maintain with this stuff as I do around half of it already(to the best of my ability).

Nothing else we can do without sides them huh? Do you think fin is worth risking? honestly I would probably nocebo myself into getting side effects...

oral castor oil can fk with your gut but it seems to be a low risk growth agonist right?
hmmm
How do you think gut microbiome plays into all this? I feel like it could be very important, I just know so little about it though.

Re castor oil - I read somewhere that BLACK castor oil [esp. Jamaican variety] when topically applied can do wonders for hair growth/regrowth. black castor oil for hair growth at DuckDuckGo

As the gooey stuff is nasty to massage into the hair, it's best diluted or mixed with some carrier oil. Mixing it with grapeseed oil seems best as there's literature out there saying that it can increase hair follicles by 230% : Grapeseed Oil for Hair Growth – 230% Follicle Increase

TibRex

Concerning castration - nandrolone - others, I think it’s worth pointing out that regrowth isn’t guaranteed it appears. This has been known for more than half a century, albeit such studies have their own limitations.

EFFECT OF CASTRATION IN ADOLESCENT AND YOUNG ADULT MALES UPON FURTHER CHANGES IN THE PROPORTIONS OF BARE AND HAIRY SCALP *

Among transgenders / fin&dut users, I’m beginning to think that the full regrowth success stories are basically top responders. Everyone else will maintain what they have and that’s already nice enough.

A diet that has a variety of lean protein, fruits, cooked greens shouldn’t hurt to begin with.

How about incorporating the following to the healthy diet you recommend here?

Hair - Jap study - Capsaicin  + Isoflavone.jpg

boris

I don’t think that’s true. Case in point here:
Essential fatty acids (1), to be continued... - The Last Breath

EFAs-for-hair-question-mark.png
http://edwardjedmonds.com/wp-conten...977-Human-Essential-Fatty-Acid-Deficiency.pdf
"The patient was a 19-year-old man with severe, inflammatory bowel disease, who had had a colectomy following a sudden perforation of his transverse colon. After receiving fat-free fluids by intravenous hyperalimentation for four months postoperatively, he developed dermatitis of the scalp and eyebrow areas, a diffuse scalp and eyebrow alopecia, and a lightening of his remaining scalp hair (Fig 1). He still required intravenous hyperalimentation because of an abdominal wall defect and bowel-to-skin fistulas. The intravenous hyperalimentation fluids contained the essential and nonessential amino acids, dextrose, and water, all in varying concentrations. Multivitamins that were added to the intravenous fluids included ascorbic acid, vitamin A, vitamin D (ergocalciferol), thiamine hydrochloride, riboflavin (as 5-phosphate), pyridoxine, niacinamide, dexpanthenol, and vitamin E"

Not really a realistic setting for a normally eating human. His skin and hair was suffering because he received absolutely none of the essential minerals. No calcium, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, copper, zinc, etc etc.

boris

@boris in any event PUFAs didn’t make it worse, as you’d believe it would from reading the ‘science’ on them

The science Peat referrs to would show that increased metabolism without proper cofactors would result in this type of skin problems and the megadose PUFA he received would in turn slow his metabolism again.

I think it's worth to look closer what exactly was happening with the boy since it is not really clear. This unrepeated weird experiment with very peculiar prerequisites is not enough to disprove the work that Peat has presented on PUFAs.

By the way when HLP said "Pufa free is a must" I don't think she meant that it will be thinning his hair, but many people here are careful and looking to not accumulate any unnecessary PUFA since it slows your metabolism leads to stress, heart disease, alzheimers and cancer.

Last edited:

Vegancrossfit

boris

The paper you posted is about modifying levels of already high PUFA diets and it's hard to relate to our generally low PUFA diets from forum members:
Our study was designed to chose studies that incorporated a Western-type diet where LA is not typically limiting, reflective of the general public. This means a full compliment of PUFAs were being consumed along with LA supplementation. The DRIs for LA and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA, 18:3 n-3) are 12 g-17 g/d and 1.1 g-1.6 g, respectively (women the lower figure, men the higher figure). This would be equivalent to intakes approximating 6% and 0.7% of calories per day for LA and ALA, respectively. It is not unreasonable to think that with a background diet containing LA, ALA, AA, and long-chain n-3 PUFAs, i.e. eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA, 20:5 n-3) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA, 22:6 n-3) at typical intakes, that modifying dietary LA levels may not influence tissue AA levels. It is possible that as LA increases in the diet it maybe competing with AA for reacylation into phospholipids [13,14,16-18,21,34].

If you have a low PUFA diet, of course additional PUFAs can be incorporated into your tissues, they even acknowledge there:
In the absence of other omega-6 (n-6) PUFA (including dietary AA), dietary LA is the sole contributor to tissue AA.

This acknowledgement is interesting:
Arachidonic acid (AA, 20:4 n-6) is a potent bioactive molecule. When released from membrane phospholipids, it is converted to a variety of bioactive compounds, called eicosanoids. These oxidized lipid molecules are related to a number of chronic diseases including cardiovascular disease, cancer and inflammation [1-4]

i wish it were undisputed truth yet I look at Roy Swank’s work and none of this happened.
Interesting about Roy Swank, I never heard of him before. He was pro PUFA and against saturated fat, but his diet recommendation for MS sufferers was basically an extremely low fat diet, which should be good. I would bet it would be even better if it was a low fat diet with only saturated fat. I don't know about his work so I can't say if he compared the two.

Frankdee20

Re castor oil - I read somewhere that BLACK castor oil [esp. Jamaican variety] when topically applied can do wonders for hair growth/regrowth. black castor oil for hair growth at DuckDuckGo

As the gooey stuff is nasty to massage into the hair, it's best diluted or mixed with some carrier oil. Mixing it with grapeseed oil seems best as there's literature out there saying that it can increase hair follicles by 230% : Grapeseed Oil for Hair Growth – 230% Follicle Increase

Grapeseed contains GLA like Borage and Evening Primrose

PaRa

IIRC yeah Roy swanks diet was finally low/very low fat, high in fiber (may limit fat absorption) and supplemented with vit E

btw all the guys like Roy swank, jack kruse etc who push PUFAs are full of lipofuscin
The only « known » guy coming to my mind and who consume lot of pufa, Sunbath, etc and isn’t full of lipofuscin is Ben greenfield but well he use every supplement/cure/drugs and whatnot so not representative of the main pufas eaters

inuits diet is full of pufas but they aren’t exposed a lot to the sun with their clothes bc of cold
The more you are near the equator, the more the sun exposure, the hotter, pufas rarefaction

If you go in the street you can say if a person eat pufas just by looking on their skin (brown lipofuscin spot on arms/ hands/ scalp, where sun rays hit)

TibRex

Grapeseed contains GLA like Borage and Evening Primrose

Yes, I am aware of the LA content in grapeseed oil [and its conversion to GLA after ingestion]. I am only talking about its topical use here. I don't even cook food with oil of any sort, except when frying eggs + burgers with a wee bit of ghee.

Frankdee20

Yes, I am aware of the LA content in grapeseed oil [and its conversion to GLA after ingestion]. I am only talking about its topical use here. I don't even cook food with oil of any sort, except when frying eggs + burgers with a wee bit of ghee.

I think it will inhibit 5 alpha receptors when applied to the scalp

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals