Tips for healing lower back pain

blackface

Hello,

for last 2 or 3 months I developed really unpleasant lower back pain. I always had a problem with lower back because of deadlifting and lifting weights in general. But now I can't get rid of it.

I have tried to eliminate the problematic movements in the gym and I have reduced my stretching only to 3 exercises to strengthen the core.

Do you have any tips or advice for healing the back pain?

Thank you

DennisX

Hello,

for last 2 or 3 months I developed really unpleasant lower back pain. I always had a problem with lower back because of deadlifting and lifting weights in general. But now I can't get rid of it.

I have tried to eliminate the problematic movements in the gym and I have reduced my stretching only to 3 exercises to strengthen the core.

Thank you
Yeah me too. I don't know if it's my mattress bc I always get low back pain when I wake up. When I w/o in the morning with weights my back pain goes away. If I walk a mile fast, I get lower back pain. On lower body day I finish my w/o with the exercises from Stuart McGill's book "Back Mechanic" which seems to help.

Puffyjacket

Might have to stop training and stretching for a while and adress your dysfunctional posture/movement patterns(if you have them). Check out Functional Patterns or Postural Restoration Institute for more info on this. I have heard hypothyroidism and some gut bacteria can cause this also, but more likely your body is in a physical imbalance.

Nokoni

Topical Defibron. Topical methyl salicylate.

DrJ

That's weird because I would swear by deadlifts for lower back pain. Maybe hire an expert lift coach to watch your form?

mgrabs

Hello,

Thank you
Im very active in the gym as well & in construction. I have found when lower back back creeps up again is because I didn’t target that area properly throughout my workouts or days.

I highly suggest doing super-mans on the ground rasing both hands and legs at the same time. 12-15 reps. Slow and concentrated

45 degree back extensions with no weight-work on mastering the movement by triggering only the portion of your back & not your glutes/hams.

Lastly some simple core movements to help strengthen the front portion of your body to support your back.

Lastly & very random to add but when i am hypothyroid i get some serious back aches. Worth getting it checked. Its a big symptom

Apple

No starch diet and galon of milk will cure it in a couple of days

-Luke-

That's weird because I would swear by deadlifts for lower back pain. Maybe hire an expert lift coach to watch your form?
When I was still doing deadlifts I had good experiences using a trap bar. Back pain with a normal barbell, no back pain with a trap bar.

Mazzle

Ohhh ohh. My life was saved by someone telling me to take Magnesium for lower back pain. I had chronic pain for 10 years and I was just about finished with life. Some one said 'take magnesium' I said 'I am - am taking a 1000mg a day'. They said 'take lots and lots and lots' so I did. I took two 1000mg four times a day. (8000mg plus in total) And probably even more.
After 48 hours my back pain was gone completely. After a week I started to forget to take some of the doses. After a fortnight I was not taking any at all. Five years later - I am fine but when the odd twinge kicks in, I take a 1000mg or so.
So basically go all out and drown yourself in it - worse that can happen is that it gives you the sh*ts. You will know if it's going to work after three or so days. I took Magnesium Citrate.
I often think how utterly awful my life would be if I had not taken that mans advice. I wish you well and hope it helps you also.

Mathgirl

Endotoxin....boyfriend tried everything, cupping, chiropractor, etc. Nothing worked....except following Peats ideas on endotoxin.

Apple

Endotoxin....boyfriend tried everything, cupping, chiropractor, etc. Nothing worked....except following Peats ideas on endotoxin.
I think people like to suffer , that's why we get same questions over and over .

OP
blackface

blackface

Ohhh ohh. My life was saved by someone telling me to take Magnesium for lower back pain. I had chronic pain for 10 years and I was just about finished with life. Some one said 'take magnesium' I said 'I am - am taking a 1000mg a day'. They said 'take lots and lots and lots' so I did. I took two 1000mg four times a day. (8000mg plus in total) And probably even more.
After 48 hours my back pain was gone completely. After a week I started to forget to take some of the doses. After a fortnight I was not taking any at all. Five years later - I am fine but when the odd twinge kicks in, I take a 1000mg or so.
So basically go all out and drown yourself in it - worse that can happen is that it gives you the sh*ts. You will know if it's going to work after three or so days. I took Magnesium Citrate.
I often think how utterly awful my life would be if I had not taken that mans advice. I wish you well and hope it helps you also.
I Will try to mega dose the magnesium plus I will do some epsome salt baths.

This study also shows that supplementing magnesium could help with the pain.

LeeLemonoil

Any preferred method to accomplish this? Aspirin? Other anti-inflammatories you suggest?
COX-Inhibition is school medicine approach to Facet Syndrome, so yes.

But when Training and NSAR don’t work they prescribe corticosteroids and injrcections. Anti inflammatories should always only be flanking therapy and short term since they Also block the cytokines that Are needed for restructuring and anabolism.

I like to alternate aspirin and ibuprofen when I do anti phlogistic short Term interventions

Warrior

Back pain really isn't what most people think it is as it is very, very rarely purely physical. Often the root is emotional due to the way our bodies process and store information/experience and its why those who have rigid minds and temperaments often struggle to flex or place their palms flat on the ground whilst standing as their physical reflects their mental.

Both exist on a continuum. Not saying there aren't other factors at play or that there aren't solutions to help but this is the underlying reason for 9/10 pathologies in my experience with clients.

Try talking to the pain. Putting your mind into it then breathing. Don't run from it and attempt to circumvent the signal. Instead, honor it. Listen to what it says and often the effects can seem nigh on miraculous. I really should make a guided recording for this as even though its more effective when calibrated to the person in front of me and spoken in the moment to reflect their energetics the framework is always the same and a lot of people struggle getting out of their head and below the neck in a way that is direct and meaningful.

Anyway, thats the basic outline so feel free to try it if you wish as you may just learn something you didn't know previous as people report totally random images, sensations and feelings popping into their head while doing this as well as abatement of symptoms by changing nothing but their perspective and relation to the current moment as it is.

Sundog

COX-Inhibition is school medicine approach to Facet Syndrome, so yes.

But when Training and NSAR don’t work they prescribe corticosteroids and injrcections. Anti inflammatories should always only be flanking therapy and short term since they Also block the cytokines that Are needed for restructuring and anabolism.

I like to alternate aspirin and ibuprofen when I do anti phlogistic short Term interventions
Thanks

Ane

Hello,

Thank you
Kinstretch (=mobility training).

For temporal relieve aspirin. Magnesium oil (=magnesium dissolved in water) can be used topically too.

Maybe high collagen diet could help too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals