Patty

My lady have been experiencing lower back pain for few years and efforts have really helped her alleviate pains in recent times.

However she still experience:
1) Pains on right thighs
2) Pains while trying to stand up after sitting for even 40 minutes
3) Whenever she stand, she hardly stand upright as her right leg often bend forward.

Recent XRAY Scan result (is hereby attached) is bit scary:

1) Loss of normal Lumbar Lordosis due to reflex muscle spasm.

2) Mild degenerative changes are noted with formation of marginal anterior and lateral osteophytes on the lumber vertebra

What Can Be Done To Help OVERCOME This 100%?

Best exercises?
Best diet?
Best supplements?

Thanks

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2......jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2......jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 15

Markus

Ankylosing spondylitis is related to an overgrowth of Klebsiella bacteria which primarily feeds on starch so reducing/removing starch from the diet should help.

aliml

My lady have been experiencing lower back pain for few years and efforts have really helped her alleviate pains in recent times.

However she still experience:
1) Pains on right thighs
2) Pains while trying to stand up after sitting for even 40 minutes
3) Whenever she stand, she hardly stand upright as her right leg often bend forward.

Pain in the right thigh (Iliotibial band pain) can be a symptom of gallbladder disease!

1645268716813.png

The iliotibial (IT) band runs from the lateral side of the hip down to the lateral side of the knee. This band can often be very tight and painful in individuals with gallbladder dysfunction. In Chinese medicine, the gallbladder meridian runs right along the IT band.

OP
P

Patty

Ankylosing spondylitis is related to an overgrowth of Klebsiella bacteria which primarily feeds on starch so reducing/removing starch from the diet should help.

Thanks. I will research more about this, but also appreciate other remedies.

OP
P

Patty

Pain in the right thigh (Iliotibial band pain) can be a symptom of gallbladder disease!

View attachment 33758

The iliotibial (IT) band runs from the lateral side of the hip down to the lateral side of the knee. This band can often be very tight and painful in individuals with gallbladder dysfunction. In Chinese medicine, the gallbladder meridian runs right along the IT band.

Thanks. I will suggest she test the state of Gallbladder to sure.
So what more can be done?

SamYo123

Record your gait cycle in slow motion walking and running.

No one has an optimized gait cycle if dont specifically train it

and a non optimized gaitcycle will eventually lead to pain and some form of injury

Look at the results on functional patterns instagram for improving spondylosis

Tom K

Apologies to all the posts above. But they are not helpful. I have treated at least 5,000 lumbar spine patients. There is a big difference between spondylosis and ankylosing spondylitis. I have yet to see a person more than 30 years old without some of these findings on an x ray. Loss of lumbar lordosis is common when people have back pain, and is a symptom of spasms and rarely the cause. Your muscles attempt to guard the area by spasms that reduce the lumbar curve. Osteophytes take time to develop, everyone develops them. The radiating pain into the leg, radiculopathy, is the greatest cause for concern. It is not ITB involvement. Unfortunately, X rays do not reveal the cause, which is usually a bulging or herniating disc. If the pain increases with sitting, this is further confirmation. The best exercises are postural.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aztRfzCZNBE

Here is another thread where we have talked about Anklelosing Spondylitis...

Tom K

Again, no disrespect to Rinse and rePeat. This is not Ankylosing spondylitis (AS). AS is a chronic, inflammatory form of arthritis. It usually affects the spine, but as with rheumatoid arthritis can affect other systems/joints, including the bowels and intestines It has been associated with auto-immune dysfunctions. The most common onset is in adolescence. AS results in the vertebrae fusing together. Do not allow rePeat to scare you. Unfortunately, though well intentioned, she does not know or understand this diagnosis.

Again, no disrespect to Rinse and rePeat. This is not Ankylosing spondylitis (AS). AS is a chronic, inflammatory form of arthritis. It usually affects the spine, but as with rheumatoid arthritis can affect other systems/joints, including the bowels and intestines It has been associated with auto-immune dysfunctions. The most common onset is in adolescence. AS results in the vertebrae fusing together. Do not allow rePeat to scare you. Unfortunately, though well intentioned, she does not know or understand this diagnosis.

Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS)

"Inflammation in the spine and/or pelvis causes inflammatory back pain. Inflammatory back pain usually starts gradually before the age of 45, tends to improve with activity but not rest, and occurs with stiffness in the morning that lasts at least 30 minutes.

Over time, this inflammation can lead to ankylosis — new bone formation in the spine — causing sections of the spine to fuse in a fixed, immobile position. AS can also cause inflammation, pain and stiffness in other areas of the body such as the shoulders, hips, ribs, heels, and other joints."

Tom K

My last comment. The link RePeat provided is not for mild spondylosis. The link RePeat provided was for spondylitis. They are not the same.

The two conditions might sound similar, but they result from different influences on the body and develop into different outcomes. Learn the difference between the two. Here is a lay person link Spondylitis vs. Spondylosis: What’s the Difference?

My last comment. The link RePeat provided is not for mild spondylosis. The link RePeat provided was for spondylitis. They are not the same.

The two conditions might sound similar, but they result from different influences on the body and develop into different outcomes. Learn the difference between the two. Here is a lay person link Spondylitis vs. Spondylosis: What’s the Difference?

Thank you for schooling us on the subject. I am happy to have learned something new :)

Tom K

You are welcome. It is a pleasure helping someone with an open mind. Be well.

BibleBeliever

Regeneration is promoted by increasing carbon dioxide. Thyroid is the mechanism, i.e everything Ray Peat.
Sugar oxidation, calcium, salt are the most important mechanisms. Dark roast coffee that is very strong acts as thyroid. Lots of sugars to fuel it.
High carbon dioxide levels promote the strengthening of all bones.

The most potent anti-inflammatory mechanisms are orange juice concentrate, salt and coconut oil.
Pufa is the most inflammatory and can cause great pain even from one meal.

As per natural mechanisms. No one should sit on couches, lazy boys or any strange furniture of this sort under any circumstance. The type of chair one should sit on should at least permit a 90 degree bend with the knee with lots of freedom of movement. I use a big man computer chair and am free to move backward at any time.
When you sit at a lower angle, your hamstrings will slowly compress, the back of your calves will too. This in turn will eventually cause lower back problems, it is definite if anyone who sits at a lower angle regularly.

The exercises besides the standards for stretching the lower back are hindu squats (if one has knees strong enough for this), high level is squatting down and jumping up and down in this position. Wrestler bridges are the most potent mechanism for stretching the back otherwise. However it is probable most are not able to do these unfortunately.

The other problematic mechanism collectively observed. People on their phones always hunching forward. As per the video with the stretches, backwards are needed to balance the never ending forwards leaning.

Shoes can make a big difference, improper shoes can cause great back pain over time.

The most regenerating exercise is stair climbing. Upwards.

OP
P

Patty

Apologies to all the posts above. But they are not helpful. I have treated at least 5,000 lumbar spine patients. There is a big difference between spondylosis and ankylosing spondylitis. I have yet to see a person more than 30 years old without some of these findings on an x ray. Loss of lumbar lordosis is common when people have back pain, and is a symptom of spasms and rarely the cause. Your muscles attempt to guard the area by spasms that reduce the lumbar curve. Osteophytes take time to develop, everyone develops them. The radiating pain into the leg, radiculopathy, is the greatest cause for concern. It is not ITB involvement. Unfortunately, X rays do not reveal the cause, which is usually a bulging or herniating disc. If the pain increases with sitting, this is further confirmation. The best exercises are postural.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aztRfzCZNBE

Thanks so much for your amazing replies and counter response to help me have clear picture. Just glanced through your video.

Are these exercises all enough to REVERSE this challenge?
What else can be done in terms of supplements, exercises, etc?

What more test/scan should be done?

Tom K

An MRI will reveal the status of the intervertebral discs regarding herniation and bulging. After hearing more than 5,000 lumbar patients, I made a clinical diagnosis, which from your comments, appears to have been of benefit. In the future, (hopefully not) if you need it seek an MRI. X rays only reveal a decrease in height. The extension exercises will reverse the herniations, but nothing will reverse the arthritis. However, I have seen thousands of patients with arthritis (DJD) that were totally without symptoms. While I am a strong supporter of resistance exercise, this is not a muscular problem. Autopsis have shown degenerative discs and lumbar arthritis in everyone, including those without any complaints of back pain. This condition can be easily managed. However, the old chinese proverb, "When you feel the safest you are most at risk," applies. When you are without pain/symptoms, you will forget what made you better.

Another important prevention is to employ a lumbar pillow when sitting (leave one in your car). The lumbar pillow will restore the lordotic curve to the spine, which is important because the curve is reversed when we sit. Sitting imposes more stress on the discs than standing. When we stand, the vector forces of the femur transfer the upper body weight to the ground. When we sit, the curve reversal increases disc pressure, and the vector forces are. not present. An example of a lumbar pillow:Amazon product ASIN B000H48WYAView: https://www.amazon.com/Original-McKenzie-Lumbar-Roll-OPTP/dp/B000H48WYA/ref=sr_1_5?.crid=3JPYEQ35J2AZ3&keywords=lumbar+pillow&qid=1645362474&sprefix=lumbar%2Caps%2C95&sr=8-5

Lifting technique is also important. No matter what you lift from the floor (a pencil, a piece of paper, a 40 pound box or 100 pound barbell), proper lifting is vital to maintain the position of the spine and discs. Remember, this is not a muscular issue, it is a structural issue. The lumbar and trunk musculature (currently referred to as the core, a new age-touchy feely term, help to maintain this proper posture. Some trainers, gyms, etc. have made 'Core training' a new religion. Ignore the hype. Maintaining the trunk musculature is an important part of proper biomechanics. But it is not the cure for pathology. Proper lift technique
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTFBQYxAi_U
. I have no affiliation with any products or videos presented.

Be well,
Tom

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom