The Progest-E & Raw Honey High

SamuraiJack

Let me share some info I've found on Wikipedia:

''Progesterone also has a role in skin elasticity and bone strength, in respiration, in nerve tissue and in female sexuality, and the presence of progesterone receptors in certain muscle and fat tissue may hint at a role in sexually dimorphic proportions of those.

During pregnancy, progesterone is said to decrease uterine irritability.[86]

During pregnancy, progesterone helps to suppress immune responses of the mother to fetal antigens, which prevents rejection of the fetus.[86]

Progesterone raises epidermal growth factor-1 (EGF-1) levels, a factor often used to induce proliferation, and used to sustain cultures, of stem cells.
[87]Progesterone increases core temperature (thermogenic function) during ovulation.[88]

[89]Progesterone reduces spasm and relaxes smooth muscle. Bronchi are widened and mucus regulated. (PRs are widely present in submucosal tissue.)Progesterone acts as an antiinflammatory agent and regulates the immune response.Progesterone reduces gall-bladder activity.

[90]Progesterone normalizes blood clotting and vascular tone, zinc and copper levels, cell oxygen levels, and use of fat stores for energy.

Progesterone may affect gum health, increasing risk of gingivitis (gum inflammation).[91]

Progesterone appears to prevent endometrial cancer (involving the uterine lining) by regulating the effects of estrogen.

Progesterone plays an important role in the signaling of insulin release and pancreatic function, and may affect the susceptibility to diabetes or gestational diabetes."

I'm very interested in some of these effects. Have any of you progesterone users noticed anything described here?

Rick K

What do you make of this article on DIM? I was taking it but this steered me away from it.

From the article:

DIM is commonly prescribed by healthcare professionals to aid in the treatment of testosterone induced cancers

From me:
That's all I needed to see before I launched said article into low earth orbit. I wasn't aware that testosterone induces cancer; at least not on this planet. I use DIM as it binds and therefore assists the liver in detoxifying estrogen. I use it when I feel my estrogen is high wherein I get feedback through lack of muscle tension, ease of reps and more malaise. I never felt the same benefit from calcium glutarate. If I've learned anything it's to experiment with different options and tune up the dose until you feel benefit/adverse reactions and then lower the dose until the benefit disappears. Some things work great for one person and not at all for others.

Mossy

Did your bleeding gums go away or did you stop taking it?
They gum sensitivity did decrease after stopping progesterone. I have yet to try it again long term, due to sides.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
They gum sensitivity did decrease after stopping progesterone. I have yet to try it again long term, due to sides.
Well I can see gums bleeding because of the vitamin E, which thins the blood, but I am concerned about the gingivitis side effect. I wonder what might counteract it, cause I am LOVING the deep sleep I am getting!

SamuraiJack

From the article:

DIM is commonly prescribed by healthcare professionals to aid in the treatment of testosterone induced cancers

From me:
That's all I needed to see before I launched said article into low earth orbit. I wasn't aware that testosterone induces cancer; at least not on this planet. I use DIM as it binds and therefore assists the liver in detoxifying estrogen. I use it when I feel my estrogen is high wherein I get feedback through lack of muscle tension, ease of reps and more malaise. I never felt the same benefit from calcium glutarate. If I've learned anything it's to experiment with different options and tune up the dose until you feel benefit/adverse reactions and then lower the dose until the benefit disappears. Some things work great for one person and not at all for others.
Thanks. I don't know ANY health care professionals who've used DIM. Perhaps in other health aware countries, not here in the UK.

The only compound I'm using right now as an anti E is a little masteron. Really does the job. Oh and a raw daily carrot!

Rick K

Thanks. I don't know ANY health care professionals who've used DIM. Perhaps in other health aware countries, not here in the UK.

The only compound I'm using right now as an anti E is a little masteron. Really does the job. Oh and a raw daily carrot!
Kudos for finding something that you know works. Best of luck.

Mossy

Well I can see gums bleeding because of the vitamin E, which thins the blood, but I am concerned about the gingivitis side effect. I wonder what might counteract it, cause I am LOVING the deep sleep I am getting!
In addition to the gums bleeding, it’s an overall fragility I would say of teeth and gums. Like they are more vulnerable. I think the unique make up of each of us constitutes how we each can handle a particular supplement. So, the deep sleep you’re getting is good, and obviously not something you should have to give up. I just need to find out how to take progesterone so it does me good.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
In addition to the gums bleeding, it’s an overall fragility I would say of teeth and gums. Like they are more vulnerable. I think the unique make up of each of us constitutes how we each can handle a particular supplement. So, the deep sleep you’re getting is good, and obviously not something you should have to give up. I just need to find out how to take progesterone so it does me good.

Well I can drink my tequila for sleep and still keep my teeth. I really don't want to hurt my good teeth in any way. My worst nightmares are of my teeth falling out.

InChristAlone

Topical would be preferred for spot issues but internal is more systemic. I use about 5 drops per dose. Topical for systemic purposes is just as easily achieved with a few drops of DMSO; another invaluable product (more than 16k research papers on this drug before big pharma and Gaggle did their best to bury it and call it dangerous because it can't be patented). I don't yet have any wrinkles on my face or anywhere else. I do also credit high doses of Vit C (8-10 gms daily) despite what I believe Ray says about that as it has healed substantial cuts overnight and I never bruised despite years of barbaric iron body training.
High dose vit C is great, well done! And thanks for introducing me to the peptides.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Topical would be preferred for spot issues but internal is more systemic. I use about 5 drops per dose. Topical for systemic purposes is just as easily achieved with a few drops of DMSO; another invaluable product (more than 16k research papers on this drug before big pharma and Gaggle did their best to bury it and call it dangerous because it can't be patented). I don't yet have any wrinkles on my face or anywhere else. I do also credit high doses of Vit C (8-10 gms daily) despite what I believe Ray says about that as it has healed substantial cuts overnight and I never bruised despite years of barbaric iron body training.

What vitamin C brand are you using Rick?

Rick K

Mossy

Well I can drink my tequila for sleep and still keep my teeth. I really don't want to hurt my good teeth in any way. My worst nightmares are of my teeth falling out.
I agree. I would like to keep my teeth as well. I can tell you I feel progesterone did make my teeth fragile to the point of chipping. It’s worth noting that the tooth that chipped was already vulnerable, as a low-budget orthodontist shaved it down for braces years back. Even so, I do feel the progesterone was the catalyst. But, others have great success with progesterone, and I hope to as well one day, so I’m not a hater of this hormone.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I agree. I would like to keep my teeth as well. I can tell you I feel progesterone did make my teeth fragile to the point of chipping. It’s worth noting that the tooth that chipped was already vulnerable, as a low-budget orthodontist shaved it down for braces years back. Even so, I do feel the progesterone was the catalyst. But, others have great success with progesterone, and I hope to as well one day, so I’m not a hater of this hormone.

I think I will use it sporadically, like maybe in the middle of the night when i can't sleep. Thanks for sharing your experience. It has helped me make a firm decision about it :)

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I saw this in the Ray Peat E-mail Advice Depository thread!

Q:Is it possible to reverse brain damage for someone who used to abuse drugs like methamphetamine for a long time on a daily basis? And if so what medication can be used? Also if brain cells died because of the abuse it is possible to regenerate new ones? Or the damage is irreversible?

A:Brain cells do regenerate. Progesterone, vitamin D, thyroid hormone, and generally good nutrition support the process.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Protein, salt, thyroid, and progesterone happen to be thermogenic, increasing heat production and stabilizing body temperature at a higher level. Prolactin and estrogen lower the temperature set-point." -Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals