The Progest-E & Raw Honey High

"The production of euphoria has been mentioned as a side effect, but I think euphoria is simply an indication of a good physiological state. (The history of official medical attitudes toward euphoria is a subject that deserves more attention.) Very large doses that are given in vitamin E solution, allowing complete absorption, can reach the level that is sometimes achieved late in pregnancy, producing both euphoria and a degree of anesthesis. To avoid unexpected anesthesia, the correct dose should be determined by taking about 10 mg. at a time allowing it to spread into the membranes of the mouth, and repeating the dose after 10 minutes until the symptoms are controlled." Ray Peat

Boy what an experience I had this morning! I had shorted myself on sleep, and found myself wide awake at 5:00. I laid there too awake to even try to go back to sleep. So an hour later I decided to take a spoonful of raw honey, which has always served me well for my sleep, and threw in a little Progest-E for good measure.

I had been reluctant to use Progest-E, not wanting to throw a possible wrench in my good health, but decided to take the plunge and bought the Progest-E a couple of weeks earlier. I noticed, on several occasions, a dazed calm feeling it has given, and suspected it is why I have been getting sleepy earlier at night than usual lately too. So I thought it would be a good thing to try to get me that couple extra hours this morning.

I took my honey, slathered the Progest-E on my lips and layed back down. Within minutes I went into a deep relaxed state. So deep that my mouth dropped open and I was slow to close it. I was very conscious, much like when Nyquil first kicks in. It was a wonderful feeling, but my mouth not staying closed, and now a snoring gasp coming out of it too was a bit worrisome! I don't sleep noisily and this sound was startling me awake. This happened a couple of times until I moved my position onto my back to keep mouth from dropping open anymore. Whew! I can see how this stuff could solve some problems!

I enjoyed my little trip to nowhere, but after awhile I felt a strange motorlike sensation in my back, a sort of machine perfectly timmed fast twitch deep inside that I could hear deep within myself, but not with my ears, a sort of quick thump, thump thump. I wasn't sure it was even a muscle. I cannot describe it much better, but if I were guessing, I would surmise my body was releasing something or gearing up for something. It was so odd. I certainly think I either took too much Progest-E or pairing it with the raw honey turned into a powerful combination. Feeling very anesthetized, I can see how this combo could be a lifesaver for insomniacs as well a stress reliever, taking it during the day for those who are overly stressed. I will definetly take Ray Peat's instruction next time, and be more sparing and work my way up, or take out the honey. It was an incredibly powerful drug like feeling, and I am still groggy from it at noon, in a very cool, laid back sort of way. As "they" say, "That was some good stuff!"

Last edited:

calvert79

That sounds interesting.

I bought progest-e a week or so ago but having used it twice it made me feel really weird like I'd taken drugs or something.

I thought it had to be applied 'down there', I didn't know you could ingest it!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
That sounds interesting.

I bought progest-e a week or so ago but having used it twice it made me feel really weird like I'd taken drugs or something.

I thought it had to be applied 'down there', I didn't know you could ingest it!
Ha! Applying "down there" suggestion, some say is to help libido. Ray peat suggests applying it to the gums to go into the bloodstream quicker. I figure why waste the vitamin E on the gums and apply it on my lips, on a wrinkle, or on the neck. That drugged feeling is, according to Ray Peat, a good sign, but too high of a dose. I tried it 4+ years ago and it never did anything, so I threw it out. I have only been using it for about a month now and have seen tha "face lift" effect also, so it is definetly staying in my rotation!

Last edited:

calvert79

Face-lift? Now I'm curious!! Is it noticeably anti-aging? I wondered about rubbing it on my boobs to try and bring them back to life haha!

It literally was one drop so I'm not sure how I could lower my amount but I'll try after ovulation next month. Thank you!!

Glad to hear the wooziness is a good thing. It's quite unnerving.

Rick K

Ha! Applying "down there" suggestion, some say is to help libido. Ray peat suggests applying it to the gums to go into the bloodstream quicker. I figure why waste the vitamin E on the gums and apply it on my lips, on a wrinkle, or on the neck. That drugged feeling is, according to Ray Peat, a good sign, but too high of a dose. I tried it 4+ years ago and it never did anything, so I threw it out. I have only been using it for about a month now and have seen tha "face lift" effect also, so it is definetly staying in my rotation!
To apply my feminine wiles here: libido is fueled by testosterone; arousal by dopamine. Applying progesterone "down there" or orally simply facilitates it's delivery through mucous membranes into the bloodstream without having to go through the digestive tract first. Either method is just as effective. It will facilitate binding of estradiol which, if too high, will crush libido as well as facilitate other health issues. With the prevalence of endocrine disrupters in our environment it is very easy to be estrogen dominant and this includes males, which explains the worldwide demise of T counts as estrogen feedback is what shuts down LH/FSH in men and again reduces libido among other health issues. Whew..

Rick K

Face-lift? Now I'm curious!! Is it noticeably anti-aging? I wondered about rubbing it on my boobs to try and bring them back to life haha!

It literally was one drop so I'm not sure how I could lower my amount but I'll try after ovulation next month. Thank you!!

If you're after a face lift and anti wrinkle solution you simply need to apply a few drops of GHK peptide with Cu (copper). Easy to get anywhere and works better than anything else in the universe. You made plenty of GHK in your youth but it's production declines with age. Actually works overnight, it's that good. Comes in serum or face cream but serum is far more effective as face cream probably has a few drops and then priced high. Serum is very inexpensive. It's also very effective at healing cuts and scar prevention.

golder

If you're after a face lift and anti wrinkle solution you simply need to apply a few drops of GHK peptide with Cu (copper). Easy to get anywhere and works better than anything else in the universe. You made plenty of GHK in your youth but it's production declines with age. Actually works overnight, it's that good. Comes in serum or face cream but serum is far more effective as face cream probably has a few drops and then priced high. Serum is very inexpensive. It's also very effective at healing cuts and scar prevention.
Very interested in this. Can you link over a cream or serum with the peptide that you have found beneficial? Thanks for your input :)

Jennifer

It has the same effect on me even with just one drop. I felt such a wooziness and need to lie down one time after taking it that I actually hit a wall on my way to bed. I’ve tried it orally, vaginally and topically, and I get the same effect. It works wonders for my mum, though.

calvert79

It has the same effect on me even with just one drop. I felt such a wooziness and need to lie down one time after taking it that I actually hit a wall on my way to bed. I’ve tried it orally, vaginally and topically, and I get the same effect. It works wonders for my mum, though.
Do you think it's just too early for us to get benefits from it? I'm 42. That is exactly how I feel. It's a very unpleasant feeling. I don't wish to repeat it.

calvert79

Interesting. Out of all these ingredients, which is the one you've referred to?

Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, 1,2-hexanediol, Diheptyl Succinate, Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Glycine, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Acetyl Octapeptide-3, Sodium Hyaluronate, Copper Tripeptide-1.

Rick K

Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, 1,2-hexanediol, Diheptyl Succinate, Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Glycine, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Acetyl Octapeptide-3, Sodium Hyaluronate, Copper Tripeptide-1.
Copper tripeptide. There are pure versions and still inexpensive but I posted that link in haste. I am adverse to doing research for people because they have asked me to take responsibility for the whole process and their progress. I posted about this peptide over a year ago and people kept asking where to get it when so many companies sell it.

calvert79

Copper tripeptide. There are pure versions and still inexpensive but I posted that link in haste. I am adverse to doing research for people because they have asked me to take responsibility for the whole process and their progress. I posted about this peptide over a year ago and people kept asking where to get it when so many companies sell it.
I have the Ordinary's Buffet with copper peptide. It's pricey but good. Just wanted to check we were on the same hymn sheet.

Thanks

Rick K

I don't mean to be abrupt. Just look for ghk peptides and you'll find plenty of vendors. There are more than 700 catalogued peptides but most folks sell the most pertinent ones. Ghk is one of the cheapest and you won't be disappointed.

calvert79

I don't mean to be abrupt. Just look for ghk peptides and you'll find plenty of vendors. There are more than 700 catalogued peptides but most folks sell the most pertinent ones. Ghk is one of the cheapest and you won't be disappointed.
I only asked because I simply assumed GHK was a shortened chemical name but couldn't see it. I shall look into it more.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Do you think it's just too early for us to get benefits from it? I'm 42. That is exactly how I feel. It's a very unpleasant feeling. I don't wish to repeat it.
I just found this measure instruction and if Ray Peat says start with 10 mg then I definetly a mega dose!

• A 60 mg drop contains 6 mg of progesterone and is probably a more common minimum amount to use. An unpopped kernel of popcorn looks the same size as a 60 mg drop of Progest-E and can be used as a reference for people who don’t have a scale for weighing small drops. There are approximately 560 drops weighing 60 mg in each 34 ml bottle.

OP
Rinse & rePeat

I should have said it is "indication of a good physiological state". I used it 4+ years ago and it brought me out on menopause for a couple of months, but I never got that "high" feeling like i am getting now. I am thinking that maybe all the PUFA dumping back then DIDN'T have me in the good place I am in now, so the progesterone was too busy opposing estrogens to throw me a party :D

Rick K

I only asked because I simply assumed GHK was a shortened chemical name but couldn't see it. I shall look into it more.
Glycine, histidine and lysine are the three amino acids involved in this peptide. We make buckets of this when young and only a trickle as we age. It is not the only reason for wrinkles because of diminished output but a significant contributor. Copper is added to the peptide as it has an affinity for copper and would bind to your available copper stores without the added copper in the formula. This would have an adverse effect on SOD which is your major free radical quencher and leave you vulnerable to significant cross linkage which leads to..wait for it...more wrinkles, loss of vision and all sorts of goodies. Diminished copper also leaves you vulnerable to neurological devastation from destruction of the myelin sheath and is a significant factor in ALS.
This is a good company that I use. Pure peptides and no added creams, lotions or potions to deflate your wallet.
I want to add that I certainly don't mind anyone asking me anything as long as they take the information, do their own research and run with it. I got burned out from decades of people asking for every little detail including application, how much and how often and well how come and I thought or someone else said etc. Anything I've achieved I did on my own. I have stood on the shoulders of giants when I was young, absorbed what I could from chemists and even Soviet strength training regimens and martial arts and then broke free of those constraints and blazed my own trail irrespective of what convention dictates. I believe in service to others, so, if I have a key you need it's yours for the asking.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Very interested in this. Can you link over a cream or serum with the peptide that you have found beneficial? Thanks for your input :)
Here is some additional information James b

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals