The Progest-E & Raw Honey High

Rick K

Thanks Rick K! Where does all of this speculation come from?
From speculative minds that don't see the body as a whole system. Some people may or may not administer hormones to enhance strength and performance and I never found, I mean to say, cannot conceive of location specificity that ever made, or, as I am a saint and would never do such a thing, would make a difference. ?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
From speculative minds that don't see the body as a whole system. Some people may or may not administer hormones to enhance strength and performance and I never found, I mean to say, cannot conceive of location specificity that ever made, or, as I am a saint and would never do such a thing, would make a difference. ?
Thanks for calming my fears. Everytime put it on I am always wondering :)

calvert79

I might have read it in TS Wiley's book? I've read it here I'm sure and maybe on Jack Kruse's forum too. There must be some reasoning behind it.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I might have read it in TS Wiley's book? I've read it here I'm sure and maybe on Jack Kruse's forum too. There must be some reasoning behind it.
I remember you had said "down there", but someone else on this forum said "below the uterus". Let us know if you run across it again. Thanks calvert79!

Mossy

I've moved my post about GHK-Cu to another thread, in order to not derail this thread from it's original topic.

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
"The production of euphoria has been mentioned as a side effect, but I think euphoria is simply an indication of a good physiological state. (The history of official medical attitudes toward euphoria is a subject that deserves more attention.) Very large doses that are given in vitamin E solution, allowing complete absorption, can reach the level that is sometimes achieved late in pregnancy, producing both euphoria and a degree of anesthesis. To avoid unexpected anesthesia, the correct dose should be determined by taking about 10 mg. at a time allowing it to spread into the membranes of the mouth, and repeating the dose after 10 minutes until the symptoms are controlled." Ray Peat

Boy what an experience I had this morning! I had shorted myself on sleep, and found myself wide awake at 5:00. I laid there too awake to even try to go back to sleep. So an hour later I decided to take a spoonful of raw honey, which has always served me well for my sleep, and threw in a little Progest-E for good measure.

I had been reluctant to use Progest-E, not wanting to throw a possible wrench in my good health, but decided to take the plunge and bought the Progest-E a couple of weeks earlier. I noticed, on several occasions, a dazed calm feeling it has given, and suspected it is why I have been getting sleepy earlier at night than usual lately too. So I thought it would be a good thing to try to get me that couple extra hours this morning.

I took my honey, slathered the Progest-E on my lips and layed back down. Within minutes I went into a deep relaxed state. So deep that my mouth dropped open and I was slow to close it. I was very conscious, much like when Nyquil first kicks in. It was a wonderful feeling, but my mouth not staying closed, and now a snoring gasp coming out of it too was a bit worrisome! I don't sleep noisily and this sound was startling me awake. This happened a couple of times until I moved my position onto my back to keep mouth from dropping open anymore. Whew! I can see how this stuff could solve some problems!

I enjoyed my little trip to nowhere, but after awhile I felt a strange motorlike sensation in my back, a sort of machine perfectly timmed fast twitch deep inside that I could hear deep within myself, but not with my ears, a sort of quick thump, thump thump. I wasn't sure it was even a muscle. I cannot describe it much better, but if I were guessing, I would surmise my body was releasing something or gearing up for something. It was so odd. I certainly think I either took too much Progest-E or pairing it with the raw honey turned into a powerful combination. Feeling very anesthetized, I can see how this combo could be a lifesaver for insomniacs as well a stress reliever, taking it during the day for those who are overly stressed. I will definetly take Ray Peat's instruction next time, and be more sparing and work my way up, or take out the honey. It was an incredibly powerful drug like feeling, and I am still groggy from it at noon, in a very cool, laid back sort of way. As "they" say, "That was some good stuff!"
I am sure this is the silliest question, but where in the world does progesterone come from? My wild imagination has a bunch of healthy young women being paid to get hooked up to machines, seriously Is it food derived?

Rick K

I am sure this is the silliest question, but where in the world does progesterone come from? My wild imagination has a bunch of healthy young women being paid to get hooked up to machines, seriously Is it food derived?
From the progesterone plant, silly. Nah, most of it from wild yams which are NOT bioidentical.

Rick K

Rick K

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Attachments

• 20210523_153540.jpg
    20210523_153540.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 28

Rick K

Mine doesn't say wild yams.
I know you said....

Still worth a read. Almost all progesterone is made from mexican yams but is not USP.

Dr. Peat's Progest E Replenishing Oil Complex (natural progesterone oil) from Kenogen is natural bioidentical progesterone derived from wild yam preserved in vitamin E oil. Progest E continues to be our number #1 best seller.

The natural progesterone in Dr. Peat’s Progest-E Complex is USP.

Rick K

I know you said....

Still worth a read. Almost all progesterone is made from mexican yams but is not USP.

Dr. Peat's Progest E Replenishing Oil Complex (natural progesterone oil) from Kenogen is natural bioidentical progesterone derived from wild yam preserved in vitamin E oil. Progest E continues to be our number #1 best seller.

Popeye was clearly a big fan: "I yam what I yam and that's what I yam". I know, I know, don't quit my day job.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I know you said....

The brand I bought is from this link and has this warning.

Attachments

• 20210523_170046.jpg
    20210523_170046.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 46

Rick K

The brand I bought is from this link and has this warning.

I think this is a question for Ray. The progesterone link I provided you says the same thing so why is Ray's stuff made from yams?