Progest E And Soy

PaulaV

I recently posted a thread called 'menopausal 51'. Which I was hoping to find out why I had severe diarrhea symptoms every time I took 3 drops of progest E. But there didn't seem to be relevant answers.
I know realise it's the 'Soy' in Progest E that i'm super sensitive to.
Now I did notice before I spent most of my weekly income on this product that it contained soy, but it does say, and I quote ,
"The vitamin E in the Progest-E Complex is derived from soy, yet many people with soy allergies have no problem with Progest-E because for most people the allergic reaction is a response to soy proteins.There are no proteins in the oily fractions of the plant (such as vitamin E), which is a highly purified distillate.If you have a soy allergy, it is best to first test on a small area of the skin (ex: ankle)."
I did the test but had no reaction. In Fact the first 8-10 days I was fine. But then things began to get really bad as the soy built up in my system. When I stopped for 2 weeks, it took about 4 days for my bowels to calm down. Then when I went back on it, I had the same reaction with in 1 hour of rubbing it on my gums.

OP
PaulaV

PaulaV

PLEASE, please Mr Peat make a progesterone E without soy for all of those people that can't tolerate it!

OP
PaulaV

PaulaV

Thanks for the info Mujuro.
It's a US website ( I live in the UK which means the postage costs are very expensive ). :(

Last edited:

sele

PLEASE, please Mr Peat make a progesterone E without soy for all of those people that can't tolerate it!
Dr Ray Peat is not, in any way, affiliated with the company that makes Progest-E.

tara

So the company that makes it just uses his formula or what? Noob here trying to learn. o_O
I think the company that makes it, Kenogen, is using something like, but not exactly, Peat's formula. Peat patented progesterone 10% in vit-E. Kenogen mixes in some other oils too, don't know what proportion. Still useful, but whether it's quite as effective as Peat's original formula ... we don't have such a product to compare it to.

BelovedGal

I think the company that makes it, Kenogen, is using something like, but not exactly, Peat's formula. Peat patented progesterone 10% in vit-E. Kenogen mixes in some other oils too, don't know what proportion. Still useful, but whether it's quite as effective as Peat's original formula ... we don't have such a product to compare it to.

I thought I saw a post somewhere here about using your own "progesterone powder" (never heard of that) and blend it with Vitamin E. Sounds like a liposomal process to me. I've been pouring over articles (all over the internet) as well as the posts here for three days now and my eyes are bulging! Add to that my brain fog and memory holes, it's been a slow process but I'm pressing onward! HA. I need to find a "Ray Peat For Dummies" book!! He's pretty intellectual!! WOW.

Stevie

Simply Progesterone Clear by Health Natura has no soy just progesterone and alcohol.

Marg

"The vitamin E in the Progest-E Complex is derived from soy

Thanks for that. I completely missed that-totally asleep at the switch
:eek: but will not be ordering that in the future, and get it from another source.

BelovedGal

Thanks for that. I completely missed that-totally asleep at the switch
:eek: but will not be ordering that in the future, and get it from another source.

AHA, that's right! I read posts on that before. Thx for the reminder!

Stevie

Well, that would be better, right? Does Vitamin E only come from soy? Seems like there'd be a better source ... unless it just the cheapest way to get E for the product?
I think Haidut's vit e is from wheatgerm oil, it's called Tocovit. Both that and vit e from palm oil are better than soy.

schultz

Dr Ray Peat is not, in any way, affiliated with the company that makes Progest-E.

This is correct. Ray has stated this in the podcasts.

In the 3 Part Progesterone Politics + Science episodes, he says that the FDA said it was illegal for him to both make claims about progesterone in his books and also sell it. Apparently he asked for that in writing because he thought it was ridiculous and they refused.

JOHN BARKHAUSEN: So I know when I first started looking for progesterone, I was able to find it in places like Vitamin Express, which is a large nutritional supplement and vitamin online store, and I think they have real stores as well, and they were carrying Dr. Ray Peat's Progest-E. So at what point did you start managing to get it into some stores?

RAY PEAT: Oh, I don’t remember when that started but they got that out of John Lee's books and so I don’t remember when his books made it famous but that’s where they got... attached my name to it which that weren’t supposed to do, but John Lee described it as Ray Peat’s progesterone until that’s what the customers wanted and so these places like Vitamin Express attached my name to it.

JOHN BARKHAUSEN: I see.

RAY PEAT: I wasn’t – hadn’t been involved with it for, I guess, 15 years at that time.

JeDanseDoncJeSuis

It was actually in the Part 2 Progesterone Politics + Science episode of the Barkhausen interview, rather than Part 3 (at least it was labeled as Part 2 on YouTube). Thank you for transcribing this portion of the interview, Schulz, so that I was able to find it and listen to it in context. In part 2 of this interview, Ray Peat said he used olive oil for the vitamin E in the progesterone he was making back in the 1970's. For anyone who wants to listen to this specific section, start listening at approximately 41:00 minutes. He said he stopped being involved in 1979 with companies manufacturing his progesterone/vitamin E mixture. The Kenogen Progest-E is said to be made using vitamin E made from soy oil on most websites that sell it, so that product is not made the way Ray Peat made his formula. Soy is well known to be estrogenic, so now I am wondering how much estrogen I have been getting each time I've used Kenogen Progest-E. I have been using Kenogen Progest-E for several years now, but I don't notice any improvements, nor reduction in problematic symptoms, regardless of what dosage I use. Instead I have symptoms that are more consistent with high estrogen when I use Kenogen Progest-E. I wish there was a oral progesterone formula made using vitamin E derived from olive oil or wheat germ oil. Most vitamin E made today is estrogenic due to being made from things such as soy. I also wish I had researched the vitamin E source of Kenogen Progest-E sooner. Kenogen does not list the source of the vitamin E used on the ingredients label, so a person would have to call them to learn this information. I was more concerned about the progesterone source when I began using it. I guess I was assuming that the manufacturers would know not to mix the natural progesterone with an estrogenic form of vitamin E. It's too bad sellers are attaching Ray Peat's name to Kenogen Progest-E since he is not involved with the production, nor the formula of Progest-E according to this Part 2 Barkhausen interview. Quite honestly, the only reason I was willing to try it was because I believed it was a product he manufactured. I'm glad I know now that Ray Peat is not involved with this product and it is not his original formula. For me, it just means that I will have to go back to a topical progesterone which does not have estrogenic oils, herbs, or substances mixed in, since Kenogen Progest-E has estrogenic effects on my body.

TreasureVibe

It was actually in the Part 2 Progesterone Politics + Science episode of the Barkhausen interview, rather than Part 3 (at least it was labeled as Part 2 on YouTube). Thank you for transcribing this portion of the interview, Schulz, so that I was able to find it and listen to it in context. In part 2 of this interview, Ray Peat said he used olive oil for the vitamin E in the progesterone he was making back in the 1970's. For anyone who wants to listen to this specific section, start listening at approximately 41:00 minutes. He said he stopped being involved in 1979 with companies manufacturing his progesterone/vitamin E mixture. The Kenogen Progest-E is said to be made using vitamin E made from soy oil on most websites that sell it, so that product is not made the way Ray Peat made his formula. Soy is well known to be estrogenic, so now I am wondering how much estrogen I have been getting each time I've used Kenogen Progest-E. I have been using Kenogen Progest-E for several years now, but I don't notice any improvements, nor reduction in problematic symptoms, regardless of what dosage I use. Instead I have symptoms that are more consistent with high estrogen when I use Kenogen Progest-E. I wish there was a oral progesterone formula made using vitamin E derived from olive oil or wheat germ oil. Most vitamin E made today is estrogenic due to being made from things such as soy. I also wish I had researched the vitamin E source of Kenogen Progest-E sooner. Kenogen does not list the source of the vitamin E used on the ingredients label, so a person would have to call them to learn this information. I was more concerned about the progesterone source when I began using it. I guess I was assuming that the manufacturers would know not to mix the natural progesterone with an estrogenic form of vitamin E. It's too bad sellers are attaching Ray Peat's name to Kenogen Progest-E since he is not involved with the production, nor the formula of Progest-E according to this Part 2 Barkhausen interview. Quite honestly, the only reason I was willing to try it was because I believed it was a product he manufactured. I'm glad I know now that Ray Peat is not involved with this product and it is not his original formula. For me, it just means that I will have to go back to a topical progesterone which does not have estrogenic oils, herbs, or substances mixed in, since Kenogen Progest-E has estrogenic effects on my body.
Anyone else can confirm this?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals