Gut inflammation with endometrial infiltration

teds

Forum Supporter
Hello- just putting this to the brains trust.

44yo female with endometriosis. Infiltration of bladder, ileum and sigmoid colon. Traditionally I haven’t had SIGNIFICANT pain but there was pain and heavy bleeding. In my mid 30s the bleeding became heavier and the pain increased. I was still low carb at this stage. Started prometabolic/RP around 38 and saw some improvement. Progest-e helped the most. Cycles started to shorten around 41/42 and I changed the way I used progest-e. Pain came occasional and bleeding still heavy but much easier overall.
Started taking thyroid… a mixed response. Now on combo or cynomel/cynoplus and temps are pretty good.
So, got jabbedx2 last year. Had some inflammatory responses which I’ve been working on w MB, aspirin etc. I started getting some gut pain w my bleed maybe 4months post 2nd jab. Nothing huge but a change. I’ve always had some constipation on days 1-2.
A few months ago cycle stopped and then got hemorrhaging for about 25days without endometrial shedding. Got this again about 50days later- again without shedding. I’d stopped my progest- e at this stage bc I had NO idea where my cycle was sitting. Anyway, I took some for 10 days to trigger and bleed and it seemed to work. Endometrial shedding etc. some pain but not too bad. Had two cycles like this 28 days apart. Now back to a big break (I was taking progest-e as per normal 2nd half of cycle)- when my bleed didn’t come I waited about a week and then took another 5days of progest-e before I started bleeding.

So- to my point- serious gut inflammation over this period. Like breathing out firmly would hurt from the muscular squeeze. I’ve tried some cascara but got v bad diarrhea. Aspirin upped to 900mg for a few days bc of pain.

I’ve increased my vit d to 6000iu per day just in the last week so shall see if that’s is helpful.

Does anyone have thoughts??? I know they’re the jab factor which is a big problem.

Thanks in advance.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
This isn't a Peat type remedy but I would look into the Bean Protocol that Karen Hurd recommends. And I would look at the Ivermectin threads on the forum because it can be used to help people who got the gene therapy. It might help in your case, too.

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
Than
This isn't a Peat type remedy but I would look into the Bean Protocol that Karen Hurd recommends. And I would look at the Ivermectin threads on the forum because it can be used to help people who got the gene therapy. It might help in your case, too.
Thanks for your response. I don’t do well with nut and seeds etc. never have unfortunately. I can eat beans occasionally but they generally don’t make me feel so well. I’m not sure if this protocol would be beneficial to me.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I know what you mean about beans not agreeing with you. They never agreed with me until I "gutted" up and tried eating 1/2 cup 5 times a day. It took awhile but eventually I had no gas or other problems. I don't eat nuts and seeds. I actually don't follow her protocol except to eat the beans. The main thing it has helped me with is removing excess estrogen from the bile. I think with your endometriosis you could use some help getting rid of excess estrogen. Adding progesterone doesn't hurt but getting rid of the estrogen will help even more. And your digestion will improve. At least it has for me.

mostlylurking

Hello- just putting this to the brains trust.

44yo female with endometriosis. Infiltration of bladder, ileum and sigmoid colon. Traditionally I haven’t had SIGNIFICANT pain but there was pain and heavy bleeding. In my mid 30s the bleeding became heavier and the pain increased. I was still low carb at this stage. Started prometabolic/RP around 38 and saw some improvement. Progest-e helped the most. Cycles started to shorten around 41/42 and I changed the way I used progest-e. Pain came occasional and bleeding still heavy but much easier overall.
Started taking thyroid… a mixed response. Now on combo or cynomel/cynoplus and temps are pretty good.
So, got jabbedx2 last year. Had some inflammatory responses which I’ve been working on w MB, aspirin etc. I started getting some gut pain w my bleed maybe 4months post 2nd jab. Nothing huge but a change. I’ve always had some constipation on days 1-2.
A few months ago cycle stopped and then got hemorrhaging for about 25days without endometrial shedding. Got this again about 50days later- again without shedding. I’d stopped my progest- e at this stage bc I had NO idea where my cycle was sitting. Anyway, I took some for 10 days to trigger and bleed and it seemed to work. Endometrial shedding etc. some pain but not too bad. Had two cycles like this 28 days apart. Now back to a big break (I was taking progest-e as per normal 2nd half of cycle)- when my bleed didn’t come I waited about a week and then took another 5days of progest-e before I started bleeding.

So- to my point- serious gut inflammation over this period. Like breathing out firmly would hurt from the muscular squeeze. I’ve tried some cascara but got v bad diarrhea. Aspirin upped to 900mg for a few days bc of pain.

I’ve increased my vit d to 6000iu per day just in the last week so shall see if that’s is helpful.

Does anyone have thoughts??? I know they’re the jab factor which is a big problem.

Thanks in advance.
So sorry for your troubles! I'd like to suggest a few things:
First, please listen to all three of these audio shows about progesterone (and estrogen):
Please note that Ray Peat has suggested that if there is a severe problem then taking progesterone everyday (no break for a period) would be a good thing to do, at least for a while. It will resolve the estrogen part of the problem

I'd also like to suggest that you consider reading these articles:

Searching on hormonesmatter.com for endometriosis yields many articles, some could be helpful. I find the knowledge base on this website for thiamine to be excellent; I prefer to rely on Ray Peat's knowledge regarding female hormones.

I think the fundamental key to good health is to optimize metabolic energy so your body can heal itself. Two major parts:
1. correcting any hypothyroidism: A good endocrinologist who can prescribe natural desiccated thyroid (I take NP Thyroid made by Acella) would be great. Estrogen causes inflammation and it also overloads the liver so it can't convert T4 to T3.
2. B vitamins: I've found high dose thiamine hcl to be extremely helpful; it has resolved all my inflammation problems (which were pretty severe). It has also healed my gut and normalized my digestive tract.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
There’s also psyllium husk powder you could try if the beans don’t work for you.

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
Please note that Ray Peat has suggested that if there is a severe problem then taking progesterone everyday (no break for a period) would be a good thing to do, at least for a while. It will resolve the estrogen part of the problem
Thank you for such an amazing response with lots info to look into!
I did take the progest-e for a while all the time initially but switched to second half of cycle when my cycle started to reliably shorten.. but that was a few years ago so perhaps I’ll try that again!

I’m taking Energin too and I did get some extra thiamine but I have not been very consistent with it. Do you mind if I ask what your larger dose is?? I was adding about 300mg on top of the Energin dose for a while (when I was getting hemorrhaging).. but I’ve heard of people taking more like 1000?? Thoughts?

I initially started on the idealabs NDT but my RT3 went quite high after about 6 months. So, I don’t really know what else to do w my liver 🤷‍♀️… I drink coffee and take aspirin.. my fat intake is about 25%.. so that’s when I started to try cynoplus… my temps didn’t respond strongly to this so I added cynomel as well. Now temps and pulse and reliably high… I have NOT tested RT3 lately though so perhaps that’s something to look at.

Can’t wait to dive into that reading! Thanks!

@Blossom yes I went and bought some psyllium husk yesterday as that was something that was suggested on the bean protocol site too…. Actually forgot to take it last night but am going to try a small teaspoon tonight and see how we go!

Shall let you all know how I go. Thanks

PeskyPeater

Aldosterone-production-Cholesterol-is-converted-into-aldosterone-by-series-of-enzymetic.png

Aldosterone and Endometriosis​

Endometriosis is a complex syndrome characterized by an estrogen-dependent chronic inflammatory process, caused by the presence of endometrial-like tissue out the uterine cavity. It is the most common cause of chronic pelvic pain in women and it is associated with infertility. Several studies have underlined an important role of inflammation in the pathogenesis of the disease (59). Chronic inflammation is a risk factor for several diseases, as atherosclerosis, diabetes, hypertension, hypothyroidism, autoimmune diseases and cancer and it is reported that endometriosis is more frequently associated with all these disorders (60). Hormonal abnormalities or chronic systemic inflammation characterizing endometriosis may result in a higher risk of hypercholesterolemia and hypertension. Conversely, hypercholesterolemia and chronic systemic inflammation resulting from hypertension may increase the risk of endometriosis (61). A recent study using metabolomics has shown that Aldo is higher in infertile patients with endometriosis (62). As previously demonstrated (8), Aldo could enhance the systemic and local inflammation underlying endometriosis, through the activation of MR present in peritoneal and tissue inflammatory cells, in particular macrophages and MNL. Moreover, Aldo could increase oxidative stress through MR-dependent and -independent pathways in VMSC, that promote proliferation of fibroblasts in the perivascular space (63). A recent study in an animal model of continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis demonstrated that SP was effective at decreasing intraperitoneal fibrosis and inflammation (64). Considering the substantial experience with the safe chronic use of SP in women with androgen excess disorders as PCOS, investigators should evaluate the therapeutic potential of SP or other MR blockers in endometriosis. In our experience, SP is also very useful in the dysmenorrhea probably for its powerful anti-inflammatory effect. Aldosterone in Gynecology and Its Involvement on the Risk of Hypertension in Pregnancy

Losartan or candesartan blocks aldosterone and could spare the progesterone conversion into aldosterone.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
How many times a day? Thank you
Twice a day-morning and night away from any good/supplements/meds seemed to work well for me. I’m not sure what Karen Hurd recommends.

mostlylurking

Do you mind if I ask what your larger dose is?? I was adding about 300mg on top of the Energin dose for a while (when I was getting hemorrhaging).. but I’ve heard of people taking more like 1000?? Thoughts?
I'm taking 1 gram of thiamine hcl powder 2Xday. It has helped me a lot. I've posted about it several times here. Thiamine hcl taken orally does not get absorbed through the intestinal wall very well which is why the dose seems high.
I initially started on the idealabs NDT but my RT3 went quite high after about 6 months. So, I don’t really know what else to do w my liver 🤷‍♀️
It seems to me that if you are having the kind of trouble that you describe that you might need to consider finding a good endo to help you. That can be quite a trick.... I found that asking pharmacists which doctors prescribe natural desiccated thyroid can be very helpful. My own endo is around 86 and has practiced endocrinology for over 50 years, so he remembers how great the original Armour thyroid product worked. He told me that the NP Thyroid by Acella works just like the original Armour did. When he put me on it in 2015 (and doubled the dose), my rheumatoid arthritis went away. I had been taking Armour for years but it had stopped working because the company had changed the formula about a year earlier.

My thyroid medication required amount was drastically affected by my high dose thiamine supplementation. My endo lowered the amount of thyroid med from 180mg/day to 135mg/day. I learned that too much thyroid hormone will block thiamine function and thiamine deficiency/functional blockage keeps the thyroid from making hormone. It took a good endo to help me balance taking both of them. I need the high dose thiamine primarily because of my chronic toxic heavy metal (lead) load. Thiamine deficiency wreaks havoc in the body by making oxidative metabolism impossible. The symptoms are very similar to thyroid deficiency which makes things sort of confusing.

I've found helpful thiamine information from the following:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFqXidfUsI0vm73xsBMIQdQ Elliot has a Thiamine playlist.
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale's articles on hormonesmatter.com
Dr. Costantini's website.

There's so much misinformation on line about progesterone (and estrogen) that I decided to only listen to Ray Peat about hormones. The three audio shows I posted above are really helpful to understand the politics of it all. The estrogen industry is unbelievably powerful and they finance many research projects which result in very confusing papers being published.

Kray

Twice a day-morning and night away from any good/supplements/meds seemed to work well for me. I’m not sure what Karen Hurd recommends.
Hi @Blossom- can you enlighten me on psyllium? I'm confused on some of Peat's comments posted throughout. I believe he was ok about wheat bran as fiber, but it gets murky with psyllium. Difference between husk and seed-- husk ok, seed bad? Or is the husk the seed? But I also read that psyllium is not all insoluble. Can you help me understand it better, and why psyllium might be better than wheat bran? Some think a better approach is to have magnesium replete and fiber supplements might not be needed. Thank you.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi @Blossom- can you enlighten me on psyllium? I'm confused on some of Peat's comments posted throughout. I believe he was ok about wheat bran as fiber, but it gets murky with psyllium. Difference between husk and seed-- husk ok, seed bad? Or is the husk the seed? But I also read that psyllium is not all insoluble. Can you help me understand it better, and why psyllium might be better than wheat bran? Some think a better approach is to have magnesium replete and fiber supplements might not be needed. Thank you.
I chose to use the finely ground psyllium husk powder. I agree his views are not especially clear but I decided that since mushrooms were the only strongly Peat endorsed fiber that I could tolerate I’d experiment with others that people on this forum had reported good results using. I have to work around both gluten intolerance (due to celiac) and low oxalate (hx of being floxed) dietary restrictions so psyllium seemed to be one of the safest fibers for me personally. I have also used magnesium and find it beneficial as well.
I’d personally just experiment with both and see how your body responds. One at a time of course but ultimately as Haidut has said self experimentation is the ultimate arbiter.

Kray

I chose to use the finely ground psyllium husk powder. I agree his views are not especially clear but I decided that since mushrooms were the only strongly Peat endorsed fiber that I could tolerate I’d experiment with others that people on this forum had reported good results using. I have to work around both gluten intolerance (due to celiac) and low oxalate (hx of being floxed) dietary restrictions so psyllium seemed to be one of the safest fibers for me personally. I have also used magnesium and find it beneficial as well.
I’d personally just experiment with both and see how your body responds. One at a time of course but ultimately as Haidut has said self experimentation is the ultimate arbiter.
Thanks Blossom. It's great that you know your needs and what works best for you. I tried whole psyllium husks and had a hard time swallowing.

I may try wheat bran since it has mostly insoluble fiber hoping it will help with more regular bowel function. fyi- not sure if you have ever compared insoluble to soluble, but I was surprised to find that wheat bran (Peat has said this is preferable over oat bran as far as brans go) has the highest insoluble to soluble, about 80/20, whereas oat bran is only about 50/50. Psyllium is around 30/70.

Thank you for your help!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks Blossom. It's great that you know your needs and what works best for you. I tried whole psyllium husks and had a hard time swallowing.

I may try wheat bran since it has mostly insoluble fiber hoping it will help with more regular bowel function. fyi- not sure if you have ever compared insoluble to soluble, but I was surprised to find that wheat bran (Peat has said this is preferable over oat bran as far as brans go) has the highest insoluble to soluble, about 80/20, whereas oat bran is only about 50/50. Psyllium is around 30/70.

Thank you for your help!
That sounds like a great plan. I’d definitely try wheat bran if I didn’t have celiac. Keep us posted please. :)

Kray

That sounds like a great plan. I’d definitely try wheat bran if I didn’t have celiac. Keep us posted please. :)
Sure will. Sorry for my ignorance. You may have mentioned elsewhere about your celiac. I wonder if wheat bran is best for me. Although I was never diagnosed with celiac, once upon a time my doctor treated my symptoms as IBS. After I was tested, I found I was allergic to wheat among other foods. So out of caution I wonder if wheat bran would not be my friend either. For the most part, I do still avoid wheat/spelt/gluten grains. My biggest issue even without these foods is constipation. Based upon your own research and experience, should I consider psyllium with my history? Also, why do you prefer powder to whole husk? If you answered already, forgive me, but how have you found best to take the powder?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals