Somehow Soy Pufa Is Ok For Progest-E?

alywest

Here is the email thread I had with Long Natural Health regarding the ingredients used in Progest-E:

Hello,

I have been a customer purchasing Progest-E several times, however, I was alerted to the fact that it is supposed to contain soy isoflavones? Would you please comment on that? I realize that your product description includes the fact that it contains soy, however I am not sure that you realize the ramifications of using soy on some of the people who use progesterone as a hormone replacement, particularly in it's isolate form.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

AW

Response:

Hi AW,

Dr. Raymond Peat is a leader in the study of hormones and would not compromise his product. The vitamin E is from soy but it is strictly the oily factions of the plant and does not contain any soy proteins therefore the no isoflavones. If you dig into Dr. Raymond Peat’s research you will find the has taken great care to warn of the dangers of both soy and progesterone and has developed his product accordingly.

Best,

xxx
Office Manager

My response:

Dear xxx,

Are you certain that Dr. Raymond Peat was the one who made the decision to use soy-extracted vitamin E to the Progest-E product? It is my understanding that Dr. Peat is no longer affiliated with Kenogen and I find it difficult to believe that he would approve of such a thing as soy derived ingredients.

Sincerely,

AW

Response:

Hi AW,

Kenogen uses Dr. Peat’s formula and has not changed it as the formula is both safe and effective. The oil, though derived from soy, is not going to behave the same in the body because it lacks the soy proteins. The vitamin E oil will not affect the hormones because it doesn’t contain the compounds in soy necessary to do so.

Best,

xxx

lampofred

I think the person in the email is saying it contains only the oil but not the proteins/isoflavones... The person also said that Peat has "warned against the dangers of progesterone"... lmao

OP
alywest

alywest

Does it contain isoflavones or pufa?

Good question. I've been trying to figure out if vitamin e derived from soy must contain at least a little of the pufa. At the very least several people from this forum alone have complained of reactions such as sore and painful breasts from progest-e and I have personally experienced that but when taking a "soy-free" progesterone supplement I experienced no sides like that.

I think the person in the email is saying it contains only the oil but not the proteins/isoflavones... The person also said that Peat has "warned against the dangers of progesterone"... lmao

So they are basically saying it contains PUFA if it contains oil. I realize they are claiming that it doesn't contain isoflavone but I'm not sure of that.

@haidut would it be possible to extract vitamin e from soy without getting at least a tiny amount of pufa and/or isoflavone? And even if it was possible, do you think that's really going to be the case with Progest-E which is a cheap-ish product (relatively speaking)?

jitsmonkey

Good question. I've been trying to figure out if vitamin e derived from soy must contain at least a little of the pufa. At the very least several people from this forum alone have complained of reactions such as sore and painful breasts from progest-e and I have personally experienced that but when taking a "soy-free" progesterone supplement I experienced no sides like that.

So they are basically saying it contains PUFA if it contains oil. I realize they are claiming that it doesn't contain isoflavone but I'm not sure of that.

@haidut would it be possible to extract vitamin e from soy without getting at least a tiny amount of pufa and/or isoflavone? And even if it was possible, do you think that's really going to be the case with Progest-E which is a cheap-ish product (relatively speaking)?

I am not a fan of this product but would the vitamin E not saturate what little pufa there would be in the product.
That's essentially the idea of increasing E dosage when consuming pufa.

Again I don't like this product so definitely not trying to talk your into changing your position just posing a question

OP
alywest

alywest

I am not a fan of this product but would the vitamin E not saturate what little pufa there would be in the product.
That's essentially the idea of increasing E dosage when consuming pufa.

Again I don't like this product so definitely not trying to talk your into changing your position just posing a question
I'm not sure but I am sure that I had a bad reaction to it and I think if you're estrogen dominant and sensitive to soy in any way shape or form this is not a good thing. And I don't like that they are justifying it. I left a message for Kenogen's "customer service" although it's basically a one-person company.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals