Progest E Used For Arthritis Shortening Cycle

Meiks

Hello, I'm a newbie on here and was hoping someone would be able to offer me some advice. I have psoriatic arthritis and have been trying to manage my symptoms naturally. In December 2015 I started progest e - I started with high dose for 2 weeks (5xday) and then reduced to maintenance dose (3xday). My periods since I started on progest e have now reduced to every 2 weeks since January. I've been taking progest e every day since January. I'm doing lots to try and reduce the systemic inflammation in my body and feel the best I have done in a long while, however I can still feel I have underlying inflammation present as the pain has not completely gone. I have carrot salad every day, try to eat correct portions of protein, do regular yoga/ meditation. I'm not sure what's going on. I was a regular 28 day cycle girl, now my hormones are all over the place. If I accidently reduce my progest e dose (if I forget) it immediately brings on my period. I now have no idea whereabouts I am in my cycle as I'm bleeding so frequently. Surely it can't be good to have bi weekly periods? How can I stop this? I'm almost wishing I'd not started the progest e! Your thoughts would be greatly received x

tara

If I accidently reduce my progest e dose (if I forget) it immediately brings on my period.
I think I've had this happen a few times. I think the drop in progesterone levels can be the trigger to start menstruation. Now I'm only taking 2x a day of a more carefully measured dose and I seldom forget one.
If it doesn't worsen your symptoms intolerably, you could try going to two weeks on two weeks off with the progest-e? That might get it more reliably synchronised.

If you want more ideas, you could post more about your situation/symptoms and what you are currently eating etc.
Are you getting regular sunlight on your skin?

Have you seen these articles of Peat's mentioning arthritis? There are probably other mentions in other places too.
Blocking Tissue Destruction
Calcium and Disease: Hypertension, organ calcification, & shock, vs. respiratory energy
Food-junk and some mystery ailments: Fatigue, Alzheimer's, Colitis, Immunodeficiency. Carrageenan

OP
M

Meiks

Hi Tara, thanks for your reply. I have tried the 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off before but I could never reach day 14 as I always started menstruating before. I could give it a try again. I'm hoping that my arthritis pain doesn't increase as I decrease progest e.

Re diet - I have a juice/ smoothie once a day, frozen liver pills, gluten and grain free, eggs at least 5 times a week. Lots of organic fruit and veg and grass fed lamb. I get as much sunshine as I can which isn't much in the UK! I try to walk every day but haven't bared my arms / legs yet as it's not that warm!!does this help?

OP
M

Meiks

Oh and thank you for the links to the articles x

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals