Best Soy Free Progesterone To Use

Elize

Greetings from Elize

I tried Projest E topically but within 4 days have a rash over my neck and arms similar to when I get a celiacs gluten or soy exposure rash. Is the Vitamin E in Haiduts product derived from soy or may I be reacting to the DMSO.

Could anyone suggest an alternative product that could be used topically

Thanks

sele

Hello @Elize
There is no Progest-E in haidut's line of products. Are you talking about a different product?

tara

Hi Elize,
If you are talking about progestene from idealab's (Progestene - Liquid Supplement With Progesterone), that contains DMSO. It is common people to get a skin reaction to high concentrations of DMSO, and smaller proportion of people seem to react to lower concentrations. Some people find just putting a little water on the skin before applying the DMSO-based supplement can avoid this side-effect. If it continues to be bothersome even when diluted with a few drops of water, then you might want to try a different formulation.

If you are talking about Progest-E produced by Kenogen, Peata posted this from Long Natural Health:
This is from Long Natural Health:

Dr. Peat's Progest E Complex contains the following:

Supplement Facts: Serving Size 3 drops, Servings per Container about 300
Natural d-alpha tocopherol &/or mixed tocopherols (vitamin E) 4-22 mg per drop; 12-66 mg per serving
Natural progesterone derived from wild yam 3 mg per drop; 9 mg per serving
Other Ingredients: Vegetable triglycerides (plant-based, sourced from either olive or coconut)

**The vitamin E in the Progest-E Complex is derived from soy, yet many people with soy allergies have no problem with Progest-E because for most people the allergic reaction is a response to soy proteins. There are no proteins in the oily fractions of the plant (such as vitamin E), which is a highly purified distillate. If you have a soy allergy, it is best to first test on a small area of the skin (ex: ankle).

**The Vitamin E is derived from NON-GMO soy.

**The progesterone in Dr. Peat`s Progest-E Complex is USP.

OP
Elize

Elize

Sorry talking of Progestene. I also.used his T3

OP
Elize

Elize

I found the rash not to be on the spot where I applied the Progestene from idealab's and T3 but developed dry itching patcnes on my neck, both elbows, legs and on my back. I also developed a very stiff neck, still struggling with it now. This is similar to the rashes I would have when exposed to gluten. Thus perhaps it could be the DMSO. Could the progestene perhaps make me to become more Hypo or Hyper since I have celiacs and Hashimoto. I was soooo thrilled to find topical T3 and progesterone and now do not know if I should continue with either of them. Would be a pity as it really made me feel warmer.

Thanks for any advice

Elize

tara

I found the rash not to be on the spot where I applied the Progestene from idealab's and T3 but developed dry itching patcnes on my neck, both elbows, legs and on my back. I also developed a very stiff neck, still struggling with it now. This is similar to the rashes I would have when exposed to gluten. Thus perhaps it could be the DMSO. Could the progestene perhaps make me to become more Hypo or Hyper since I have celiacs and Hashimoto. I was soooo thrilled to find topical T3 and progesterone and now do not know if I should continue with either of them. Would be a pity as it really made me feel warmer.
Hi Elize,
I'm not an expert, and are probably several possibilities for what is happening with you.

Stiff neck doesn't sound good. If it get's severe, or continues long, if it were me I'd be looking for local in-person professional opinion/help with that if it were me.

For the skin, a couple of possibilities that come to mind:

1. You are sensitive to the DMSO. In which case, you could try diluting it more, and if it doesn't resolve, stop using and try alternative products.
Have you tried that Progest-E before? Do you know whether you react to it?
Health Natura do both and oil and an alcohol formulation of progestarone for topical application. I haven't tried either.
Haidut has been making non-DMSO versions of some of his supps. Not sure where he's at with the tyronene. You could check his threads or message him to check.

2. You are not specifically sensitive to the DMSO, and you succeeded in raising your metabolism with the supplements. This increased your requirements for some nutrients, but the supply of some of those nutrients didn't increase enough, so the skin repair couldn't keep up. Skin cells wear out and are replaced frequently, and there is a lot of it, so this can be quite demanding on resources. For instance, vit-A, vit-C, B-vits, zinc, and fuel/energy are all needed for skin repair and replacement. Are you eating some liver regularly as a good source of vit-A and other vitamins and minerals? Occasional oysters or other zinc sources? Fresh fruit or fresh juice for vit-C?
I got a new rash that was driving me nuts a while ago that took me quite a while to resolve. What eventually solved it for me was a small amount of supplemental zinc weekly. Not saying that's what yours is, but it could be some specific nutrient needed by your skin.
Protecting your skin with a moisturiser might also help slow down the damage and the need for repair, and that might help too, if this is the issue. Some people find tallow good. I've had benefit from cocoa butter+coconut oil mixes.

3. Or it could be something else ...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals