Setting Up For Success With Progest E

Alisun

Hi :wavingyellow Thanks so much for taking the time to read this. I'm looking for guidance in setting up for success with progest e. Hoping it will help reduce heavy periods and maybe even get rid of migraines eventually.

I am fairly sure that I have estrogen dominance caused by years of eating high pufa (if I could only go back in time and not cook everything in peanut oil!). I have ridiculously heavy periods every 25 days. When I'm not having my period, I'm fighting migraines with aura. I am probably oversimplifying what is actually happening, but I think I get migraines whenever there are extra FFAs released into my system. Peating is helping me keep that in check quite a bit.

For years before I knew about Peat, I was unknowingly counteracting some of the damage by heading off migraines via aspirin. I noticed that if I felt a migraine coming on, or had a stressful event and took aspirin I could stop migraines from becoming full blown. The added knowledge I have now about salt and sugar in stressful situations is really helping me keep them under control right now.

Some background info:
I think I do the very minimal basics of Peating: eliminating pufas as much as possible, using coconut oil for cooking, balancing muscle meat consumption with gelatin, grassfed milk, potatoes, aspirin, D3, magnesium lotion, coffee, oj, ripe fruit, gouda cheese for k2, pastured eggs, ice cream (great to head off migraines). I know it's not the greatest, but I occasionally have a RedBull and sometimes Pepsi (the kind with sugar), chocolate with soy lecithin, and nixtamalized corn chips cooked in organic palm oil. Occasionally I eat liver pate or chicken liver, but I haven't found a regular good source yet. Tried Life Extension K complex (because of regular aspirin use), but it makes me achy and feel weird. I think it's too high of a dose.

I've recently noticed what I think is improvement in glycogen storage ability over the last few months (can go longer between meals, don't wake up at 2 AM needing a snack). I think my thyroid is okay although it could be because I have been (until recently, unknowingly) boosting it with coffee and aspirin for many years. My temps are never below 98.2 and usually above 98.6.

I know that sometimes estrogenic symptoms can become worse at first when starting progest e and frankly I am scared of worsening symptoms. If my periods get any heavier I might end up in the hospital. I do have to supplement with iron during my period for now. Also, during menses, taking ibuprofen helps decrease blood flow (presumably due to prostaglandin inhibition). I don't take aspirin during my period. Makes my blood too thin.

What things should I have in place that I am missing before I begin Progest E? My period starts in 5 days. With my cycle being around 25 days, I am assuming I should wait until day 12 or so to start supplementing?
Btw, I am in my mid forties. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals