The Progest-E & Raw Honey High

OP
Rinse & rePeat
SamuraiJack posted Progest-E facts on the page before this one, page 6, with most of them positive, but there were a couple of negatives.

I thought reading this it could go either way.....

"Progesterone plays an important role in the signaling of insulin release and pancreatic function, and may affect the susceptibility to diabetes or gestational diabetes."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Several studies have shown that high concentration of progesterone is related to abnormal glucose metabolism, including a high level of plasma glucose, increased insulin resistance, elevated insulin release and apoptosis of pancreatic β cells."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Increased progesterone may also raise your body temperature and worsen sweating, leading to clogged pores. This buildup of sebum beneath the skin's surface — along with dirt, dead skin cells, and bacteria — results in breakouts of acne before and during your period.Feb 4, 2021"

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"This high testosterone level can cause hormonal cystic acne, oily skin, and clogged pores. Low progesterone is a causative factor in leading testosterone into DHT. When progesterone levels are low then they regulate DHT levels. One main way progesterone becomes low is when estrogen is dominant.May 26, 2021"

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Using progesterone isn't so protective that it covers a bad diet that includes things like rancid cod liver oil as you have debated as being ok compared to salmon. It is a good thing to ADD to a proper Ray Peat diet for a time not for everday and always.

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
I think my next post should be on suppliments because I am amazed how much of it goes on in this forum in the name of Ray Peat.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
EDITING WHAT I SAID HERE

If you have been deficient too long a B2 deficiency can cause damage and normal supplimentation wont help, and B2 supplimenting can backfire if taken too long.

I am combining what he said at the 13 minute mark and 37:19 mark.

Sorry for the misinformation about it causing damage supplimenting B2 when not necessary stores are full.

That is why you should listen to it yourself Mr. Bollox why wont you?

Last edited:

Dr. B

He says too much B2 can cause damage when your stores of it are full and you keep supplimenting.
wow, what damage did he say it can cause

"Several studies have shown that high concentration of progesterone is related to abnormal glucose metabolism, including a high level of plasma glucose, increased insulin resistance, elevated insulin release and apoptosis of pancreatic β cells."

wow, we need to know more, im curious what Peat would say about this, we need to ask him! concerning @Hans @Lokzo @boris

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
At the 6 minute mark Ray Peat talks about getting people OFF OF THEIR SUPPLIMENTS. He says oily suppliments on skin are safer than orally. He says people with allergies that were sent to to him, all were taking ascorbic acid and vitamin A and other suppliments. Within a week of him recommended them to stop taking all suppliments, almost all of them had their allergy symptoms go away.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
At the 16:20 minute mark RP talks about how horrible vitamin C is. The free radicals were as bad as from x-rays.

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
At 37:19 is where he talks about low vitamin B2 deficiency causing mitichodria damage and how B2 wont respond to normal amounts. So maybe I misunderstood the mechanism? It sounds to me like diet needs to be good to fix it and not just supplimenting.

Last edited:

Mossy

That is scary, did you reverse your gingivitis?
I simply stopped taking progesterone and the hypersensitivity of my gums went away. In general, I don’t have the best gum health these days, but it’s better without progesterone.

Dr. B

I simply stopped taking progesterone and the hypersensitivity of my gums went away. In general, I don’t have the best gum health these days, but it’s better without progesterone.
how does this occur i thought progesterone is all good mate

Mossy

how does this occur i thought progesterone is all good mate
Well, as @Rinse & rePeat had posted, Dr. Peat gives some insight to what may be the cause:

I heard him talk about it in an interview. He was mostly referring to women after menopause. He said if you are through menopause, have depeted PUFA's from your body and are eating a low PUFA diet, supplementing progesterone isn't necessary. It makes perfect sense, if you aren't estrogen dominant then you don't have anything to oppose. Keep in mind progesterone can cause gingivitis and is precarious for those with diabetes. So it is a wonderful tool for protective reasons, but it does have downsides.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals