Consider raw honey before bed

liam183

For those of you having issues waking up at night, especially if you wake up very warm/sweaty, consider raw honey before bed. I learned this trick awhile ago and it has helped me ever since. The raw honey acts as a fuel source for your liver, allowing your liver to function without burning fat at night. The fat burning is what causes night sweats and sleep disturbance in a lot of people. A little bit of sea salt will help too to lower your cortisol. Anyway, I hope this helps someone

Matt C

I can attest to this and it worked for me literally last night.

I've often woken up feeling hot and my body is having a cortisol surge because i feel very agitated. I woke up last night at 2:30am, ate some biscuits and that did nothing but then went the smart route and had some honey, a little ice cream and frozen blue berries. Worked like a treat.

minor9

Also, honey is really easy and convenient to keep bedside. So you don't have to get up in the middle of the night to eat something.

DavidG

Thank you, I’m going to try it and report back. Have been waking up in the middle of the night sweating for the last couple weeks.

Ismail

For those of you having issues waking up at night, especially if you wake up very warm/sweaty, consider raw honey before bed. I learned this trick awhile ago and it has helped me ever since. The raw honey acts as a fuel source for your liver, allowing your liver to function without burning fat at night. The fat burning is what causes night sweats and sleep disturbance in a lot of people. A little bit of sea salt will help too to lower your cortisol. Anyway, I hope this helps someone
Great reminder, thank you ?

@Rinse & rePeat mentioned this a while ago in another post, great “hack”!

Ismail

How much honey did you have?

Matt C

Had an even better sleep last night. Had a collagen based protein shake with a lot of honey in it. Definitely works for me.

Inaut

I say this in all seriousness...some sourdough bread with butter and honey before bed always guarantees morning wood. It’s good all around.

OP
L

liam183

Had my usual problems falling asleep last night, but to my surprise I did remain asleep until my alarm went off. Going to keep trying this out.
Maybe try glycine and chamomile tea mixed together to help reduce the time it takes for you to fall asleep. Blocking blue light after dark is important too

Maybe try glycine and chamomile tea mixed together to help reduce the time it takes for you to fall asleep. Blocking blue light after dark is important too
I've got some hardcore orange-tinted bluelight blocking glasses I wear for ~2hrs before going to bed. I did try the glycine/chamomile combo a while back but didn't see any benefits from it. In fact, I always have to wake up at 3am every night to pee and I think the tea before bed made it worse. I don't drink any liquids at least 2+ hours before bed.

Happycat

I tried the honey and a bit of salt last night, I was hoping it would help and stop me waking up at 3-4am, but it didnt, I woke up at 1 and then several times after that.
It wasn't raw honey, would that have made the diffrence?

OP
L

liam183

I tried the honey and a bit of salt last night, I was hoping it would help and stop me waking up at 3-4am, but it didnt, I woke up at 1 and then several times after that.
It wasn't raw honey, would that have made the diffrence?
Maybe? The main point is to give your liver glycogen, which should help raw or not. Perhaps the enzymes of raw honey help too

Had my usual problems falling asleep last night, but to my surprise I did remain asleep until my alarm went off. Going to keep trying this out.
Honey before bed has continued to successfully keep me asleep throughout the night. Never would have thought to try that, this forum is great for tips like these. Thanks for the post OP.

I'm still not getting that deep sleep that helps you feel rested upon awaking, so I'm going to try playing with the "dosage" to see if more honey leads to deeper sleep. Will report back any findings.

Ismail

Honey before bed has continued to successfully keep me asleep throughout the night. Never would have thought to try that, this forum is great for tips like these. Thanks for the post OP.

I'm still not getting that deep sleep that helps you feel rested upon awaking, so I'm going to try playing with the "dosage" to see if more honey leads to deeper sleep. Will report back any findings.
Amazing!

Thank you for keeping us updated ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals