Progest E - How To Avoid Irritated Throat?

mamaherrera

I'm trying to do progest e but it always gives me an itchy throat and a dry cough, like it irritates my mouth as soon as I put it in there. ANyone else notice this and does it get better?? I always try it a couple days and stop because of this, because as soon as I want to sleep, the cough wakes me up. Thanks

jyb

Vitamin E is viscous. Try rubbing the proges-E on your lips, like lipstick. If you're taking big dose, lips+gums. Very little should reach the throat.

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

Me too. What jyb said. If I can avoid swallowing it, it's OK - I sometimes let it sit under my tongue.

Katty

This is a common symptom, happened to me too- I searched and found others complaining of the same thing. Even when I only rubbed it on my gums and didn't think any was going down my throat, I'd get the cough and scratchy throat.
You can also try adding the progest to coconut oil or olive oil and then trying to take it in your mouth, rub on gums, etc. (someone told me Ray suggested this).

OP
M

mamaherrera

but otherwise, on lips it's a sure bet???
glad it's not just me!

Birdie

Just noticed this thread and wanted to join in.

This happens to my throat too. I always rub the stuff on my gums and lips and that hasn't dulled the effect.
What does help me is to use the protest-E just before drinking tea.
I've tried other liquids including coffee and they don't help.

The warm tea with milk seems to cut the oil and diffuse it enough to prevent throat irritation.
I don't drink too much because I want the prog E to be absorbed by my lips and gums.
This way it will mainly get to the part that seeps down my throat.

bionicheart

I've been dealing with this too! I started high dosing progesterone last weekend and have developed a dry cough/irritated throat. I thought I was getting sick this morning... glad It's not just me!

InChristAlone

I take it in the vagina when this is happening.

InChristAlone

Haha:rollingred

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals