The Progest-E & Raw Honey High

Vileplume

@Rick K @Rinse & rePeat on the most recent one radio network interview, Ray says that the progest-e progesterone used to be made with wild yams, but he seemed to imply that it’s no longer made from wild yams. He said it doesn’t matter which plant it’s sourced from because it goes through all those chemical processes. Not sure if this helps but thought I’d throw it in there.

Rick K

Maybe we are onto something?
These companies may have done the chemical conversion; at least I hope so. I can't see Ray scamming anyone but it's still worth the ask.

Rick K

@Rick K @Rinse & rePeat on the most recent one radio network interview, Ray says that the progest-e progesterone used to be made with wild yams, but he seemed to imply that it’s no longer made from wild yams. He said it doesn’t matter which plant it’s sourced from because it goes through all those chemical processes. Not sure if this helps but thought I’d throw it in there.
Latest bottle size still posts the yam thing.

lilsticky

plenty of posts here about diosgenin if you search, i think grapefruit oils should effect progesterone also

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Some women have noticed that the effect of a progesterone supplement is stronger when they take it with coffee."-Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Over the decades, many studies have confirmed that prolonged, continuous exposure to estrogen is carcinogenic, and that progesterone offsets those effects." -Ray Peat

Sefton10

I train 6 days a week because it's a life long habit (45 years) and my strength has probably peaked in just the last two years. Training well saves the joints and connective tissue which is always the lynchpin.
Rick did you have any periods of restrictive dieting or fasting in that time, or have you eaten well all the way through?

Rick K

Rick did you have any periods of restrictive dieting or fasting in that time, or have you eaten well all the way through?
Never dieted or fasted or restricted my eating. I believe that harmful to the body. Always ate high carb high protein and low fat.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I am not happy to have read this.....

"An increased level of progesterone in particular can increase your susceptibility to bacterial plaque causing gingivitis which is most noticeable during the second to eighth month of pregnancy. This condition is called pregnancy gingivitis where the gums become swollen and bleed easily.Jun 25, 2018"

Attachments

• 20210802_230641.jpg
    20210802_230641.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 15
OP
Rinse & rePeat
.....and what about this soy?

Attachments

• 20210802_232341.jpg
    20210802_232341.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 24

Mossy

I am not happy to have read this.....

"An increased level of progesterone in particular can increase your susceptibility to bacterial plaque causing gingivitis which is most noticeable during the second to eighth month of pregnancy. This condition is called pregnancy gingivitis where the gums become swollen and bleed easily.Jun 25, 2018"
As a guy, I've experienced bleeding and week gums after taking progesterone for about a week. So, this makes sense to me.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Homosexuality in guinea pigs is relatively more decreased by progesterone than heterosexuality, perhaps indicating a greater underlying tendency toward heterosexuality in the bisexual male guinea pig."

SamuraiJack

Huge fan of this for men as we age, Declining metabolism which is a vicious loop causes a drop in T levels facilitated by excess estrogen from fat cells and estrogen mimickers. Progesterone will bind to this and allow the liver to detoxify and help to restore order. You already know the diet part for a faster metabolism.
Great info here thanks. Good news for a young man who's been taking progesterone for a couple weeks now.

SamuraiJack

I don't speak for anyone but myself on age issues. I started on dhea in my mid fifties and progesterone by 57. I had used, and still do, DIM to reduce estrogen. My test levels have stayed good all my life because of diet and the demand of my physical regimen. I have grown to understand by tactile sense when my estrogen levels were too high. I have modified aromatase by various means but now stick with progesterone/DIM. I train 6 days a week because it's a life long habit (45 years) and my strength has probably peaked in just the last two years. Training well saves the joints and connective tissue which is always the lynchpin.
What do you make of this article on DIM? I was taking it but this steered me away from it.

SamuraiJack

What about calcium d glutarate. That seems like quite a good natural estrogen detox agent instead of DIM?
Thing about CDG is apparently it may remove other hormones such as testosterone too. I need to do more digging in to it. I think it's probably best to use these supps short term

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals