Thanks

OP
J

Jsaute21

Any updates? How are you doing?

I am doing well @Wagner83. Thanks for asking. I would say for being a year in, i am in a good spot and steady improving. I am in need of a blood test to see cortisol levels, as sometimes i feel low cortisol symptoms in the morning, which can be less than ideal.

I went a bit gung ho with supplements the past few months, which is a slippery road for me due to a perfectionistic nature. I have experimented quite a bit with thyroid the past 2 months, and man i just can't quite figure it out. Sometimes, i feel that subtle cognitive and androgenic boost that we all crave, while other times it seems to make symptoms temporarily worse. Tyromax was not a good match for me, i will tell you that. I had a very helpful exchange with @haidut & @lisaferraro who each provided different but helpful perspective. For instance, Haidut mentioned vitamin D deficiency being a key marker relative to adrenal health. I know that i am vitamin d deficient, and think i always have been. I feel uncharacteristically good when in the sun. It is like my body needs it. My uncle & grandfather are the same way, and it is a bit of a family joke. Sure enough, when i got tested last winter, my levels were below reference range. I think this is a source of major problems. I supplement topically a couple of days a week, but i think this is a huge piece of the puzzle for me.

I think "chicken or the egg" is a saying that is very relevant to many of us on here. Meaning, sure, a lot of us have suffered from low metabolic symptoms in the past, which has led us on a man hunt to improve our health. The other side of that coin is, are you or most of us orthrexic? The cold hard truth is probably yes to many on here. Even when improving ones health, it is so important to be mindful of not becoming too obsessed & exclusive relative to food or lifestyle choices. I am speaking out loud at myself, but i think a big part of this process is to recognize the healing process as it is underway. As Ray says "nothing makes sense until everything makes sense."

Wagner83

OK thanks for the feedback.
Why do you continue to play with thyroid then?

Regarding foods all those whose health improved could be much more lenient about which ones they picked, but only after a while. I would not call myself orthorexic, there's a difference between noticing that all dairy products (in particular cow dairy products) give you stuffed nose, sinusitis, allergies and post nasal drip which at times makes you almost throw up when running and deciding (like I saw a few ones do) that for no particular reason related to your own experience starch should be avoided at all costs while sodas and white sugar are fine. Similarly , if high amylopectin rice and potatoes feel awful then I'll simply avoid them as much as possible. I do notice certain things with foods but still am not happy with a few areas that I wish could improve, perhaps I'm a greedy bastard, or perhaps the issue cannot be entirely solved through diet (and lifestyle).

Everybody feels a lot better when the sun is shining, cute ladies put on a show , people smile more etc.. I'm curious about Daniel11 's ideas on red light through the eyes , on the thyroid and how it can lead to major and long lasting health improvements.

On to my next question, thyroid aside, are you still using supplements ? If so, how do they work out for you? For example have androsterone and oxidal led to significant improvements, do you have to keep using them to see benefits?

OP
J

Jsaute21

OK thanks for the feedback.
Why do you continue to play with thyroid then?

Regarding foods all those whose health improved could be much more lenient about which ones they picked, but only after a while. I would not call myself orthorexic, there's a difference between noticing that all dairy products (in particular cow dairy products) give you stuffed nose, sinusitis, allergies and post nasal drip which at times makes you almost throw up when running and deciding (like I saw a few ones do) that for no particular reason related to your own experience starch should be avoided at all costs while sodas and white sugar are fine. Similarly , if high amylopectin rice and potatoes feel awful then I'll simply avoid them as much as possible. I do notice certain things with foods but still am not happy with a few areas that I wish could improve, perhaps I'm a greedy bastard, or perhaps the issue cannot be entirely solved through diet (and lifestyle).

Everybody feels a lot better when the sun is shining, cute ladies put on a show , people smile more etc.. I'm curious about Daniel11 's ideas on red light through the eyes , on the thyroid and how it can lead to major and long lasting health improvements.

On to my next question, thyroid aside, are you still using supplements ? If so, how do they work out for you? For example have androsterone and oxidal led to significant improvements, do you have to keep using them to see benefits?

Sorry @Wagner83, i never responded to this. Your question about continuing to toy with thyroid is a good one. I have officially given up on it as it literally does nothing for me. @haidut seems to be similar. Andro, oxidal, kdht, pansterone and taurine seem to give me a subtle boost when needed. Stressnon, energin and aspirin are currently the only supplements i use every day or close to it. I also have started to eat more starches as i am a relatively muscular guy. I feel better when i eat starch, plain and simple. The starch i eat is limited to high quality sourdough bread from a local bakery, yucas, potatoes and occasionally white rice. I still eat ample amount of sugar, mostly through OJ, Coconut water & Mexican Cokes/throwback Pepsi's. The most positive and substantial change that i have made recently is lowering caffeine intake to a reasonable amount, and starting my day with coffee/cream & sugar opposed to drinking it after my first meal. This change along with eating adequate starch has made my digestion far more consistent and predictable. I don't use cascara regularly anymore, when before I was relying on it 4-5x a week.

Luckytype

Subbed.

Your original lifestyle sounds darn similar to mine before my cascade started.

Its definitely opposite of what we are used to hearing as athletes.

Wagner83

Sorry @Wagner83, i never responded to this. Your question about continuing to toy with thyroid is a good one. I have officially given up on it as it literally does nothing for me. @haidut seems to be similar. Andro, oxidal, kdht, pansterone and taurine seem to give me a subtle boost when needed. Stressnon, energin and aspirin are currently the only supplements i use every day or close to it. I also have started to eat more starches as i am a relatively muscular guy. I feel better when i eat starch, plain and simple. The starch i eat is limited to high quality sourdough bread from a local bakery, yucas, potatoes and occasionally white rice. I still eat ample amount of sugar, mostly through OJ, Coconut water & Mexican Cokes/throwback Pepsi's. The most positive and substantial change that i have made recently is lowering caffeine intake to a reasonable amount, and starting my day with coffee/cream & sugar opposed to drinking it after my first meal. This change along with eating adequate starch has made my digestion far more consistent and predictable. I don't use cascara regularly anymore, when before I was relying on it 4-5x a week.
Thanks that seems to match my experience quite a bit (except I did not try thyroid). I ahve lowered coffee intake and energy levels seem to be more consistent (with energin too).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals