Calories and Libido?

nomoreketones

In a podcast I listened to fairly recently (sorry, forgot which one) I heard @haidut mention that if you don't consume enough energy, the body will shut off non-essential systems like libido. I'm paraphrasing here so sorry if I butchered the idea being talked about in that podcast.

How many people in this forum have personally found that you must eat a certain level of calories to maintain a strong libido?

Conversely, how many people in this forum can maintain a strong libido keeping calories fairly low because your body is functioning optionally?

Ben.

I found my libido to be more affected by the sun and excercise than food. Thats just me tho.

OP
N

nomoreketones

Strength training for the most part.
I would think if you restricted calories while strength training then your libido would be lost. I'm sure you are consuming enough calories to support your strength training.

Ben.

I would think if you restricted calories while strength training then your libido would be lost. I'm sure you are consuming enough calories to support your strength training.

Strength training shoots hunger feeling up so hard i don't think i could eat to little even if i wanted to. Plus i love eating aslong as my stomache is up for the part.

But im sure your right, people who go into shredding for bodybuilding competitions tank their mood, get angry and agitated, loose their libido by ruining their hormonal profile. Lots of videos and anecdotes about this.

OP
N

nomoreketones

Strength training shoots hunger feeling up so hard i don't think i could eat to little even if i wanted to. Plus i love eating aslong as my stomache is up for the part.

But im sure your right, people who go into shredding for bodybuilding competitions tank their mood, get angry and agitated, loose their libido by ruining their hormonal profile. Lots of videos and anecdotes about this.
I purposefully stopped exercising in the past because it made me so hungry. I should have continued to exercise and eaten all the food my body wanted. Now I think it is healthy for exercise to spike hunger and then feed the hunger.

Ben.

I purposefully stopped exercising in the past because it made me so hungry. I should have continued to exercise and eaten all the food my body wanted. Now I think it is healthy for exercise to spike hunger and then feed the hunger.

Haha yes. Im sure it is a perfectly normal and healthy response.
Usually the hunger is exceptionally high the first 1-2 weeks of starting to workout again and then it usually calms down to more acceptable levels once the body is more accustomed to the new physical habits.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals