GHB - Gamma Hydroxybutyric Acid (Perhaps The Rarest And Most Expensive Dr.Peat Approved Drug)

The rarest and most expensive peat approved drug is probably xenon. Ghb can be relatively easy to buy and cheap

1,4-butanediol probably is the easiest way. But it is already scheduled in some jurisdictions. Anyway they would need to prove you posses 1,4BD to use as precursor for GBL/GHB, otherwise you have a industrial solvent for cleaning.

Greg says

"GHB is protective against stress damage to many tissues. It prevents stress-induced enzyme leakage from tissues, ulceration of the gastric mucosa, lipid peroxidation, epileptic seizure, damaged contractile function of the heart, and cardiac arrhythmias produced by stress or schema." - Ray Peat, Resistance of the Heart.

"A complete list of protective nutritional chemicals and natural drugs or analogs to our endogenous protective factors would be very long, but we should give special thought to certain ones, including succinic acid, which stimulates respiration and steroid synthesis; thyroid and vitamin E, which promote normal oxidation while preventing abnormal· oxidation; magnesium; sodium and lithium, which help us to retain magnesium; tropical fruits, which contain GHB; coconut oil, which protects against cardiac necrosis, lipid peroxidation, hypothyroidism, hypoglycemia, and histamine damage; valium agonists, natural anti-histamines; adenosine and undine. Visits to higher elevations, and exposure to bright, long-wave light, can cause the body to optimize its own anti-stress chemistry. Avoiding the sense of being trapped is a high-level adaptive factor." - Ray Peat

Last edited:

Gadsie

I have about a 100 grams sitting in my cabinet. I have been trying it multiple times in hopes of finding this "amazing feeling" many people describe. Honestly it's not that great, but somewhat pleasant I guess. I definitely don't understand how some people get addicted to it, it is not that pleasurable that you crave another dose by any means. If you figure out the correct dosage it's amazing for sleep, but I don't think it's a good idea to use it for that regularly.

To me it is not very valuable socially. It lowers inhibitions somewhat but it also makes me sedated and less motivated to talk to people. One thing I do use it for (I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT AT ALL, VERY DANGEROUS), is potentiating alcohol. on a small dose of GHB, 2 drinks will feel like 8, so you get the same upsides of alcohol with much less toxicity. On its own, it does nothing much except knock you out in high dosages.

Sampa

Ghb is still very very common in club parties, mainly in gay scene, since is cheap and very powerful. The limit to play and pass out is very tiny, dangerous stuff.

Jessie

Don't mess with this stuff. When it comes to dangerous but potentially "benefical" chemicals GHB is at the top of the list. Bodybuilders use to think it was good for performance because of the hGH stimulation. Now days they just use somatotropin. There's also not a large discrepancy between a medically therapeutic dose and a overdose.

Considering the effects on growth hormone it's surprising to see Peat think this is a good substance. He has surprised me in the past though, like when he thought scopolamine was a useful substance. That's also not safe, but may in fact be safer than GHB. Which is just more of a testament to how dangerous GHB is. The reports about it being used as a date rape drug are true as well. Because of it's generic "salty" like taste, certain type of drinks can be spiked without people detecting it.

CecilRoids

Did we ever get an answer from @haidut on this? I've been scouring the internet and can't find out.
Update to this post:

I was unable to find a trustworthy or safe source of GHB but did manage to experiment with GBL. I was initially interested in it as a way to regulate sleep.

GBL has an absolutely revolting taste and there is no way it could be slipped into someone's drink without them noticing. Obviously I can't speak for GHB. As for "side effects" it is quite rough on the gut. After a few nights of using, I had pretty bad stomach pain for a few days that I think may have been ulcers.

Besides ephedrine and caffeine, if those count, it's the only mind altering drug I've ever tried (including alcohol) so I don't have much to compare it to.

Timeline of things I noticed on the substance:
The whole "high" comes and goes quite suddenly. Took me about 15-20 minutes to start noticing effects, it started with an excitation in my vision and then an almost tingly sensation in the whole body.
Inhibition was lowered, felt more comfortable doing/saying things I wouldn't normally. I would easily get overcome with manias and my sex drive was through the roof.
If I fell asleep within about an hour of taking it, the sleep was incredibly deepfor about 3-4 hours. My wife couldn't wake me up at all. lol.
If I didn't fall asleep within that first hour it would cause me to be even more awake. Effects would completely wear off quite suddenly after about 3 hours.

After a couple weeks I concluded it wasn't really benefitting me at all and got rid of it, since the maniacal mood it put me in would normally lead me, instead of sedating myself (which was my initial motivation), to push past the point of sleepiness and then just browse internet forums/chats more intensely.

I didn't find it "addictive" but it definitely made for an exciting experience, I can definitely see how it can be abused. That said, it's not nearly as easy to overdose as I've seen people say online; it doesn't seem as dangerous as people make it out to be.

Source Code

I have seen many people overdose on 'G' but it was mostly when they took 1,4 butanediol aswell as alcohol thinking it was GHB

DonLore

No medical negatives I am aware of. Only legal ones, which is a shame as the potential for abusing GHB is much lower than LSD.
Anyone reading this thread, understand that GHB is highly addictive both physically and mentally, and it is quite easy to overdose and it is indeed neurotoxic. Dont know how haidut can say it has low abuse potential. It is a serious drug, this shouldnt even need a discussion..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals