The Overwhelming Majority Of This Forum Is Depressed

Nebula

Imagine thinking everyone's body and mind are exactly like yours. Don't listen to this guy.
True, I’m currently eating a 3000 calorie breakfast of pancakes. Refined flour, sugar, butter, eggs, milk, and Greek yogurt. It’s the only way I can recover from heavy pack hiking training for firefighting. I would be extremely depressed and falling apart if I was not eating this much sugar. But if I was sedentary it would probably cause some metabolic problems.

opson123

Full of minerals, vitamines, enzymes
Could you link me to a website or study or something showing what nutrients honey has? Can't find anything after googling around except some "voodoo" and something like nutritiondata shows honey has negligible amounts of anything, the only thing that is alarmingly high is fluoride.

T

TheBeard

Could you link me to a website or study or something showing what nutrients honey has? Can't find anything after googling around except some "voodoo" and something like nutritiondata shows honey has negligible amounts of anything, the only thing that is alarmingly high is fluoride.

There's literrally no way to not find this info on the first google page results when typing "honey nutrients".
A little effort buddy...

opson123

There's literrally no way to not find this info on the first google page results when typing "honey nutrients".
A little effort buddy...
Like I said, I did a google search and found nothing, I got websites like healthline.com and time.com or other sites showing the same as nutritiondata.self.com that the minerals and vitamins in honey are insignificant, there's almost no difference between white sugar and honey. Why are you unwilling to share a few links showing honey is full of nutrients?

PR-9-121-g004.jpg

average amount mg per 100 g

PR-9-121-g005.jpg

Last edited:

akgrrrl

Imagine thinking everyone's body and mind are exactly like yours. Don't listen to this guy.
Thankyou. Even as humans with similar needs, we all live in various places and try to adapt to our food sources. No matter how hard I try, no way could I have changed 6mos of winter life in Alaska without Haiduts high quality vit D.

Sweet Meat

A little effort buddy...

Like I said, I did a google search and found nothing, I got websites like healthline.com and time.com or other sites showing the same as nutritiondata.self.com that the minerals and vitamins in honey are insignificant, there's almost no difference between white sugar and honey. Why are you unwilling to share a few links showing honey is full of nutrients?

PR-9-121-g004.jpg

PR-9-121-g005.jpg

he's talking out out of his ****

honey is practically devoid of nutrition beyond sugar and polyphenol content...the polyphenols are not really nutrition, though they may have other qualities that may benefit the body

the highest "mineral content" i could find contained 6mg of calcium per 100g. which is likely less than you'd get sticking your finger in dirt and licking it...hardly chock full of minerals, vitamins and enzymes =/

i also don't understand the logic of saying calories are bs because 1000 calories of meat is superior to 1000 calories of pasta...if calories were bs then 2000 calories of meat would have no benefit compared to 1000 calories of meat

Dr. B

he's talking out out of his ****

honey is practically devoid of nutrition beyond sugar and polyphenol content...the polyphenols are not really nutrition, though they may have other qualities that may benefit the body

the highest "mineral content" i could find contained 6mg of calcium per 100g. which is likely less than you'd get sticking your finger in dirt and licking it...hardly chock full of minerals, vitamins and enzymes =/

i also don't understand the logic of saying calories are bs because 1000 calories of meat is superior to 1000 calories of pasta...if calories were bs then 2000 calories of meat would have no benefit compared to 1000 calories of meat
hey mate
honey doesnt have nutrients? i thought it does have some vitamins minerals
even if its not vitamins minerals it must have something in it allowing much easier processing compared to white sugar?

Sweet Meat

hey mate
honey doesnt have nutrients? i thought it does have some vitamins minerals
even if its not vitamins minerals it must have something in it allowing much easier processing compared to white sugar?

well, you could say it's 99% sugar and 1% nutrition. trace amounts of vitamins and minerals, compared to something like maple syrup or molasses, which are heavily concentrated

from what i've read most of honey's benefits seem to come from the polyphenol content which is largely dependent on the area in which the honey was made, but which provide no real nutrition - that is, they are neither mineral nor vitamin, but they can still have benefits within the body

Dr. B

well, you could say it's 99% sugar and 1% nutrition. trace amounts of vitamins and minerals, compared to something like maple syrup or molasses, which are heavily concentrated

from what i've read most of honey's benefits seem to come from the polyphenol content which is largely dependent on the area in which the honey was made, but which provide no real nutrition - that is, they are neither mineral nor vitamin, but they can still have benefits within the body
it must have anti bacterial effects of some kind? since it's a wax like substance and never expires.
doesn't maple syrup need to be refrigerated and expires... everything expires but honey... maybe coconut oil too, idk.

Sweet Meat

it must have anti bacterial effects of some kind? since it's a wax like substance and never expires.
doesn't maple syrup need to be refrigerated and expires... everything expires but honey... maybe coconut oil too, idk.

it's exceptionally hydrophobic, so bacteria cannot exist since it contains no water for them to proliferate

i also believe pemmican and dried mushrooms (magic mushrooms :P) can be stored for thousands of years using the same principle

Dr. B

it's exceptionally hydrophobic, so bacteria cannot exist since it contains no water for them to proliferate

i also believe pemmican and dried mushrooms (magic mushrooms :P) can be stored for thousands of years using the same principle
interesting stuff mate
what about coconut oil,
beeswax ?
whey protein powder?
gelatin, great lakes gelatin?

Sweet Meat

interesting stuff mate
what about coconut oil,
beeswax ?
whey protein powder?
gelatin, great lakes gelatin?

coconut oil can go rancid - i am not sure about how refined it can be, but i know that coconuts themselves tend to rot from the inside. the more saturated the fat though, the more stable, which is why pemmican can be used to preserve meat by protecting it from oxidation and bacteria

i do not know about beeswax.

proteins though tend to degrade but again, when they are marinated in lipids and kept stable, that half life can be extended for decades. food preservation is all about moisture control, so either hydrophilic substances like salts, or hydrophobics like lipids or honey. i am very curious about beeswax now :P

Dr. B

coconut oil can go rancid - i am not sure about how refined it can be, but i know that coconuts themselves tend to rot from the inside. the more saturated the fat though, the more stable, which is why pemmican can be used to preserve meat by protecting it from oxidation and bacteria

proteins though tend to degrade but again, when they are marinated in lipids and kept stable, that half life can be extended for decades. food preservation is all about moisture control, so either hydrophilic substances like salts, or hydrophobics like lipids or honey. i am very curious about beeswax now :P
i had been looking for months for a gum replacement.
there's healthier options like i think its called simply gum or pur gum
but even those use the "gum base" ingredient. they just dont contain the dangerous sweeteners, colors etc of your typical 5 gum.
people on here or elsewhere posted about mastic gum.
its special gum from i think a specific greek tree
its tough to find on amazon, lots of bad reviews and poor quality complaints

beeswax is apparently excellent, it can be chewed as a chewing gum replacement, it dissolves over time unlike the gums, but it apparently lasts a couple hours before dissolving. so it replaces the gum, additionally it has a lot of policosanols and certain other fats. I think beeswax is highly saturated like coconut oil but im guessing it lasts forever like honey even at room temp.
there's organic certified options on amazon.
you probably dont even need to brush if youre chewing gum, unless its on the outer surfaces of the teeth.

Dr. B

mate going by the logic of the pemmican and substances being resistant to expiring,
how does this work with freeze dried liver and organ supplements. are those useful
and gelatin and whey protein powder supplements

Sweet Meat

beeswax is apparently excellent, it can be chewed as a chewing gum replacement, it dissolves over time unlike the gums, but it apparently lasts a couple hours before dissolving. so it replaces the gum, additionally it has a lot of policosanols and certain other fats. I think beeswax is highly saturated like coconut oil but im guessing it lasts forever like honey even at room temp.
there's organic certified options on amazon.
you probably dont even need to brush if youre chewing gum, unless its on the outer surfaces of the teeth.

if it lasts a couple of hours this would be amazing tbh

bees are awesome lol. honey, beeswax, royal jelly...they just make little delicious houses that everyone wants to eat

Sweet Meat

mate going by the logic of the pemmican and substances being resistant to expiring,
how does this work with freeze dried liver and organ supplements. are those useful
and gelatin and whey protein powder supplements

i always just go by the expiration dates.

i don't actually know how long molecules like that take to degrade in normal environments. so long as they aren't exposed to oxygen or water, they should be fairly stable tbh? dmso could be interesting experiment lol

maybe someone else can say. i know that isolated vitamins have a half life of around 2-3 years, but amino acids i am not sure about

Filosofy

OP is saying stop overthinking and overdoing.

I say society is overthinking and overdoing and the unprecedented stress creates unprecedented energetic demands. These can be—hopefully temporarily—met with:

- high loads of sugar, which is ancestrally mimicking the gathering of high amounts of fruit
- offals and bones. no ancestral or natural explanation needed other than there is deserved renaissance of gelatin and "jewish penicilin"
-hormones as homeostasic agents stressors (and possible longevity agents too) for the heavy man-made radiation and environmental stressors
-supplements because the soils are depleted

None of this is crazy other than, in some cases, the amounts consumed. But here we must consider that we are at task for evolution, and certain findings, no matter how isolate or unnatural they may seem, can actually drive longevity and futurism.

And let's not forget that today most people in the west are allowed the nutrition only kings were back in the day. Perhaps it is our job to use these responsibly and grow king-sized brains.

Dr. B

OP is saying stop overthinking and overdoing.

I say society is overthinking and overdoing and the unprecedented stress creates unprecedented energetic demands. These can be—hopefully temporarily—met with:

- high loads of sugar, which is ancestrally mimicking the gathering of high amounts of fruit
- offals and bones. no ancestral or natural explanation needed other than there is deserved renaissance of gelatin and "jewish penicilin"
-hormones as homeostasic agents stressors (and possible longevity agents too) for the heavy man-made radiation and environmental stressors
-supplements because the soils are depleted

None of this is crazy other than, in some cases, the amounts consumed. But here we must consider that we are at task for evolution, and certain findings, no matter how isolate or unnatural they may seem, can actually drive longevity and futurism.

And let's not forget that today most people in the west are allowed the nutrition only kings were back in the day. Perhaps it is our job to use these responsibly and grow king-sized brains.

what do you mean by jewish penicillin?
and do you mean vitamin/mineral supplements like magnesium, b vitamins, vitamin d?

Filosofy

Bone broth is otherwise known as Jewish penicillin, speaking to ancient knowledge about the food's medicinal value.

Sure, by supplements I mean anything that is naturally meant to be abundant in accessible foods and spring water.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals