Recovering From Eating Disorder And Libido

Balint

I am a 23 year old male, and I'm asking for your advice.
My story in brief:
I was an overweight child. At the age of 14, I weighed 81kg. That was the point when I decided that I will lose weight. I have to admit that I was an orthorexic between the age of 14 and 22. I read about a lot of diets on the Internet, and during this period, I followed many of them (vegan, paleo, low-carb, intermittent fasting).
In the beginning, I lost a lot of weight. In July 2012, I was 50kg. My parents, relatives and teachers all wanted to help me, but I was a very stubborn teenager, I was completely obsessed with "healthy eating".
I became skinny with no muscles, and during this 8 years, I think I lost from my bone density as well, as my diets were really low in calcium, and quite low in calories.
Between 2013 and 2017, there was a better period, I gained 7 kgs on a not-so-strict paleo diet, and my mood and energy level was a bit better.
However, the last one year was terrible: I convinced myself that Intermittent Fasting is cool and healthy, and I should combine it with my paleolithic diet. BOOM! My health condition became worse, and what is more, I became a binge eater. Usually I ate one meal a day at that time, and it happened nearly every day that I eat nearly everything (even junk food) I found at home. I gained 10 kgs mostly from fat, and my self-confidence ruined. I had digestive problems very often.
Thanks to God, I got to know about RP's eating guidelines 3 months ago. I read a lot of articles on his site, and many threads in this forum. A month ago I started to change my diet. I increased my calories and carb intake, and reduced PUFA intake. Now I'm eating around 3000 calories from foods like cheese, chicken breast, fruit, fruit juice, milk, potatoes. I am still struggling with overeating, it's the biggest challenge to me to have at least 3 meals instead of one food binge.

So I was definitely an orthorexic during the last 8 years, and these diets caused serious health problems: while all of my classmates became taller and stronger between the age of 14 and 22, I lost muscle and bone density.
My libido was very low, as well as my confidence, so I didn't get into relationship with girls.
In the last month, I experienced amazing changes: although my weight stayed 67kgs, I became more energetic, and my libido increased extremely. Honestly, I didn't really masturbate between the age of 14 and 22, because I felt soreness in my penis, and I couldn't ejaculate normally. (I read that it is the sign of fructose deficiency in the body.) Now it has completely changed, and I'm having many erections during the day, I am always thinking about women and sex.
To tell the truth, I can hardly resist the urge to masturbate. When I do masturbate, I have normal ejaculation.
I know that the solution would be to get into relationship with a girl, but I am still not confident of myself, and I have always been shy. I feel that it is hard to start as a 23-year-old virgin.
I read that masturbation is not good as it increases prolactin and lower androgens...

Has anyone experienced the same thing when changed his/her diet from low carb to high(er) carb?
What do you think would be the solution?

Thanks for your replies.

P

Polo Saad

Hey Balint I’m really happy to hear that you are recovering.Well I know exactly what you are talking about.I was a little bit fat as well .I lost 25kg at the age of 15.5 .I was good at school and had tons of friends I was active and motivated to study and work towards my goal.My degrees was super high and all the teachers loved me.When I lost the weight my parents and teachers get worried as well.But I was just like you stubborn.and refused to eat more calories.I restricted my self to eat 1500 calories a day mostly from potatoes and low fat cheeses and butter and salads .I didn’t eat any fruit or sugars. I didn’t know anything about raypeat as well.After a year and half I was very cold and unmotivated to go with friends , to go to school ,or to study to maintain my school degrees.I was very cold and stressed.And then luckily before finals one day on YouTube someone has recommended me to check ray peat to increase metabolism.I”m following his guidelines right now as well eating (OJ,coffee,low fat milk,fruit,white sugar when good fruit is not available,some beef (150g) and eggs.Honestly it have saved my life .I don’t track calories any more.I began heavy weight liftingthree times per week.My testosterone levels are way higher right now.I”m very warm right now.My muscles are dense and good looking and the complements are endless... XD .And yes I have the urge to maturbate as well.Yet to socialize more.

One question I want to ask you about and I hope you are not insecure about it is wether you have stunted your growth or height during your ED? Or have you gained some height after recovering? Because my ED has continued for a year and half and 170cm .my parents is 177-180cm I’m very worried that I have stunted my growth and that I have lost the 10cm.But my diet is all great right now (I’m 17 atm) Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals