The Overwhelming Majority Of This Forum Is Depressed

laleto12

Can you please list all that you were eating, when on a carnivore diet ? ( including the cuts of meat and method of preparation)

Rare grilled ribeyes, some slow-cooked gelatinous cuts. Fat trims to get a higher fat ratio. And organ meats like liver, heart and kidneys. All grass-fed

No eggs and dairy in general. Although I've tried those too. Zero cheat.

we might be the same species but human bodies are not the same. People have different allergies, conditions in which there are errors in fat and/or carb metabolism, etc. Bodies can go wrong in a myriad of ways and eating the same way won’t work for everyone.

I love how especially newcomers to this place are so extreme. “Only eat meat” “gorge on sugar” “eat 10k calories” “fast and eat 0 calories.” Life is about balance.

"Life is about balance"

..everything in moderation,including moderation.

How did you get the idea that everything got better?
Me being horribly constipated, having racing heart, mentally depressed, all sound like an improvement to you?
I didnt even know what stress hormones were after I stopped carnivore diet. Maybe a month or something after. I realized that I might have had that problem on the diet.
I said that only improvement was acne reduction and nothing else. I think you misread. Or my english skills are not very good since its not my first language.

You wrote that you had out of this world energy,doesnt sound depressed?Your constipation theory is is harmless,you just did not produce ***t,because ***t is mostly bacterial mass.If you eat less ***t,you produce less ***t.Also i wouldnt advise for Carnivore,but high meat-fish-high protein ketodiet,with something like 1000g of cucumber and (unsafe) tomato,with supplemental Ca as Bone-surrogate.

laleto12

You wrote that you had out of this world energy,doesnt sound depressed?Your constipation theory is is harmless,you just did not produce ***t,because ***t is mostly bacterial mass.If you eat less ***t,you produce less ***t.Also i wouldnt advise for Carnivore,but high meat-fish-high protein ketodiet,with something like 1000g of cucumber and (unsafe) tomato,with supplemental Ca as Bone-surrogate.
I had that energy initially then that evolved into something very stressfull. Being full of energy 7/24 is not good. I couldnt relax at all and had sleep issues.

I dont care what you and other carnivore people say about producing less ***t. There was a time that I didnt go to toilet for 11 days. I felt constipated all the time. I dont understand why you have so fixated ideas about the things that I've experienced. I dont care what you eat or how you eat them. I just wrote my own experience. You can eat whatever you want.

I had that energy initially then that evolved into something very stressfull. Being full of energy 7/24 is not good. I couldnt relax at all and had sleep issues.

I dont care what you and other carnivore people say about producing less ***t. There was a time that I didnt go to toilet for 11 days. I felt constipated all the time. I dont understand why you have so fixated ideas about the things that I've experienced. I dont care what you eat or how you eat them. I just wrote my own experience. You can eat whatever you want.

very well,fine by me.

opson123

Calories mean close to nothing.

1000 calories of animal products will be almost fully absorbed.
1000 calories in the form of pasta or pizza will provide close to 0 nutrient
I agree.

But assuming op is an average sized man, isn't 1000kcal still way too low even if he gets all of them from animal products? If I had to live with two strips of bacon, two eggs, 300g-500g of meat and some milk or fruits, I'd feel even more miserable than I do now. I'm 165cm/50kg.

Last edited:

MaxMaximus

Both of u are funny
Funny how? I said what worked for me. If that doesn't work for you then obviously you need to figure out what works for you. Seems like nothing works for you though or you just keep trying the same things expecting different results, which is insanity.

MaxMaximus

I will give you TSH around 5 and high estrogen and will see how you enjoy it.
Actually, I started off overweight like really water retentive with lots of belly fat. I was also tired all the time and my hair looked really dry too. I know what high estrogen+suboptimal thyroid function feels and looks like... those days are gone. Stress put me there. Stop assuming bro.

opethfeldt

There probably are a lot of depressed people here. Why is that? It's a health forum. If no one here had health issues (that often go hand in hand with depression), what reason would they have to even be here? Also, Peat never advocates eating sugar "like a degenerate". I swear, humans will never fail to miss that balance is the key to everything.

Broken man

Funny how? I said what worked for me. If that doesn't work for you then obviously you need to figure out what works for you. Seems like nothing works for you though or you just keep trying the same things expecting different results, which is insanity.
Lol okay :D

Broken man

Actually, I started off overweight like really water retentive with lots of belly fat. I was also tired all the time and my hair looked really dry too. I know what high estrogen+suboptimal thyroid function feels and looks like... those days are gone. Stress put me there. Stop assuming bro.
Show pics or it didnt happen :D but you should do some mark that its you :D

MaxMaximus

Show pics or it didnt happen :D but you should do some mark that its you :D
You're weird. I didn't take pics of my flabby self because I was ashamed of how I looked. But I don't have to prove anything to you, your journey is your own. You'd be better off judging yourself and figuring out your own problems instead of trying to get testimonials. With a username like yours, it seems like you already gave up :D

Broken man

You're weird. I didn't take pics of my flabby self because I was ashamed of how I looked. But I don't have to prove anything to you, your journey is your own. You'd be better off judging yourself and figuring out your own problems instead of trying to get testimonials. With a username like yours, it seems like you already gave up :D
Ofc you so what is point of your reply? Did you just want to write with me? And ..... I have pics

T

TheBeard

we might be the same species but human bodies are not the same. People have different allergies, conditions in which there are errors in fat and/or carb metabolism, etc. Bodies can go wrong in a myriad of ways and eating the same way won’t work for everyone.

I love how especially newcomers to this place are so extreme. “Only eat meat” “gorge on sugar” “eat 10k calories” “fast and eat 0 calories.” Life is about balance.

"Balance" is a simplistic and comfortable view that refers to nothing tangible.
Balance was man made.
Since when does a specie eat litterally everything that's available to it?
What makes you think a balanced diet is what's suitable, rather than meat only?
Because the NHS says so?

Reason why we have different allergies is because our bodies are broken down to a different degree, depending on how many dietary mistakes you and your ancestors made over the years.
Some have ruined guts starting from childhood, others ruined liver...

We all degrade at different ages depending on that factor.

T

TheBeard

I agree.

But assuming op is an average sized man, isn't 1000kcal still way too low even if he gets all of them from animal products? If I had to live with two strips of bacon, two eggs, 300g-500g of meat and some milk or fruits, I'd feel even more miserable than I do now. I'm 165cm/50kg.

No

The common 3000 cal recommandation includes useless foods such as the ones mentioned, with probably only 800 cal frop absorbable nutrient dense foods.
So you will be just as healthy and muscular if not more if you skip the 2200 cal from useless foods and save your gut some work

opson123

No

The common 3000 cal recommandation includes useless foods such as the ones mentioned, with probably only 800 cal frop absorbable nutrient dense foods.
So you will be just as healthy and muscular if not more if you skip the 2200 cal from useless foods and save your gut some work
So just meat, milk, eggs, honey? Honey is pretty devoid of nutrients though.

aguineapig

The ones who fix themselves usually move on from spending lots of time on health forums. When I was a mess I spent most of my time researching, now I dip in to skim a few interesting threads and merge back into realville.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals