You Cannot Digest & Utilize Food, Protein, Etc. -- Everything You Consume Is Worthless

Also thoughts are not feelings. A feeling is a sensation or perception of experience that is physically felt in the body, a thought happens in the mind and is the mind observing itself.
It’s interesting how much resistance there is to believing feelings are authentic or real.

Yes, exactly. It's remarkable.

somuch4food

Someone who is deathly underweight and is continuing to starve themselves is ignoring their feelings every step of the way.

They don't feel like they are obese (if they're paying close enough attention to their experience).

They might think they are obese, but again, that would be because they are actually ignoring their own feelings.

Ok, gotcha. Intuition is important. Physical feelings should be listened to. I still get caught up on that. I try to be more intuitive, but my past education has not been conductive of this.

mangoes

Someone who is deathly underweight and is continuing to starve themselves is ignoring their feelings every step of the way.

They don't feel like they are obese (if they're paying close enough attention to their experience).

They might think they are obese, but again, that would be because they are actually ignoring their own feelings.

okay I can understand that and a distinction should be made between thoughts and feelings, but they can also be inextricably linked.

anorexia, I can’t speak too much on it, I was going with the example and don’t have much experience with, but I know one person with it. I’ve spoken to them about it before. To say they just think and don’t feel their illness is wrong. They feel guilt when they eat or don’t over exercise. They feel happy when they abstain from food and lose weight. Even in recovery they still feel bad for eating and putting on weight but they realised they were sick and fight those thoughts and feelings in order to recover

or taking another example like an addict. When they withdraw their bodies feel crappy. Does that mean they should instead listen to the craving they feel and take the drug in order to feel better? Thoughts can be misaligned and skewed, why can’t feelings?

Last edited:
okay I can understand that and a distinction should be made between thoughts and feelings, but they can also be inextricably linked.

If you pay close enough attention, you'll notice that's an illusion and that they need not be linked. Thoughts come and go, can be somewhat random, and are often completely out of our control, but feelings (or, to put it another way, "how we experience our thoughts,") are always totally within our control.

anorexia, I can’t speak too much on it, I was going with the example and don’t have much experience with, but I know one person with it. I’ve spoken to them about it before. To say they just think and don’t feel their illness is wrong.

They're lost in their thoughts and they're fundamentally confused about their own experience.

They feel guilt when they eat or don’t over exercise. They feel happy when they abstain from food and lose weight.

They say they "feel happy" when they do those things, but they're so habitually mistrusting their own feelings to the point where they've shut them down most of the time; they're speaking of learned thought patterns as if they're feelings.

Feelings are deeper than "happiness" or "satisfied" in a particular moment. If this person was paying closer, more continuous attention to her feelings, she'd notice that the guilt from not over-exercising is 100% self-inflicted. It's a thought that her true feelings don't agree with. After all, guilt doesn't feel good.

But she's obeying that thought and overriding her true feelings.

Even in recovery they still feel bad for eating and putting on weight but they realised they were sick and fight those thoughts and feelings in order to recover

They never were and still aren't paying attention to their feelings if they're "fighting" in any sense of that word. Feelings require no willpower and no strength whatsoever. They're completely effortless. It's a slight shift in perspective to pay attention to feelings instead of thoughts. It merely requires awareness.

or taking another example like an addict. When they withdraw their bodies feel crappy.

The drug is just along for the ride in the case of drug addiction; it's the thoughts overriding one's feelings that cause the "abuse" of the drug and the withdrawal symptoms. This example is similar to the anorexic.

Does that mean they should instead listen to the craving they feel and take the drug in order to feel better?

It depends. If they're really in touch with their feelings, then they can give in to their cravings, take the drug whenever they want, over time requiring less of it and suffering less withdrawals. But if they're still letting thoughts dominate, then they'll be stuck in the downward spiral that would occur with or without the drug (the drug is just the scapegoat).

Thoughts can be misaligned and skewed, why can’t feelings?

Because feelings are authentic and come from within. Thoughts are usually trained into us. This is fine if they're useful thoughts, but very few are.

Gl;itch.e

I'll just repeat myself for a third time since it doesn't seem to be sinking in for you and I can't really be any clearer: our feelings are in fact the only thing in this universe we can be 100% sure are real.

Please re-read that over and over until you understand it (your previous response wasn't related to what I actually wrote).
Yes because reading comprehension is my problem, not your poorly thought out gibberish. If there is anything to your romantic teenage philosophy I am sure you can find a way to explain it.

At anything beyond the most basic level your feelings are mostly worthless as you need an accurate way to interpret them and this requires the rational mind to kick in and fill the gaps. Theres no 100% to any of this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals