Are These Omega 3 Levels Safe?

Trunks00

Hi,

I am a little worried because I got my new omega tests and the omega 3 is very low....I know here Omegas are bad but.....is it safe to have them so low....?---- The interprettioon of the tests says I should take more omega 3 but it is controversial....with information here... I am a little lost. Here are my omega results

Informe de Analisis OMEGA.pdf

Here are more information about me

Lost Trying Improving My Health

johnwester130

Yes I have red them but mine are so low....and I have anxiety, dry skin...

An EFA deficiency is usually solved with b6, biotin, zinc selenium, - Burrs disease

so eggs (b vitamins) and shellfish (zinc/selenium)

Last edited:

PhilParma

Achievement Unlocked: PUFA Depletion

49Wa0I6.png

OP
T

Trunks00

I also have hashimoto.... could you see my latest tests in my thread above is the link (lost improving my health) to give me your opinion. I think you have expertise. I am a little worried because every web I read (except peat webs) says that these epa levels are not healthy. Are they healthy?....could you post the link with the study about epa, zinc, selenium you told me?

OP
T

Trunks00

Achievement Unlocked: PUFA Depletion

49Wa0I6.png
Do you think is an achievement...? Because I think I feel better when I supplement omega 3....less anxious I think.... I am completely lost reading here and outside here....could you read my thread «lost improving my health»?.....

Regards

johnwester130

"As vitamin research advanced in the 1940s, Roger Williams' lab at the Clayton Foundation Biochemical Institute, University of Texas at Austin, recognized the "fat deficiency disease" of the Burrs as a deficiency of vitamin B6, and showed that when they produced the condition with a diet similar to the one the Burrs had used, they could cure it by administering vitamin B6. In the early 1930s George Burr had discovered that animals on a fat free diet had an extremely high rate of metabolism, but he didn't investigate the important ramifications of that observation, such as their increased need for vitamins and minerals, in accordance with their rate of metabolism. The PUFA slowed metabolism, and that effect was good for agriculture."

PUFA Deficiency Is Actually A Symptom Of Vitamin B6 Deficiency

OP
T

Trunks00

"As vitamin research advanced in the 1940s, Roger Williams' lab at the Clayton Foundation Biochemical Institute, University of Texas at Austin, recognized the "fat deficiency disease" of the Burrs as a deficiency of vitamin B6, and showed that when they produced the condition with a diet similar to the one the Burrs had used, they could cure it by administering vitamin B6. In the early 1930s George Burr had discovered that animals on a fat free diet had an extremely high rate of metabolism, but he didn't investigate the important ramifications of that observation, such as their increased need for vitamins and minerals, in accordance with their rate of metabolism. The PUFA slowed metabolism, and that effect was good for agriculture."

PUFA Deficiency Is Actually A Symptom Of Vitamin B6 Deficiency
Very interesting article

Is there any test to measure the b6 levels? What is the best way to get the b6? Supplements of p5p?

Look forward to hearing from you

Regards

johnwester130

Very interesting article

Is there any test to measure the b6 levels? What is the best way to get the b6? Supplements of p5p?

Look forward to hearing from you

Regards

for some people , it can be.

biotin/b6 and zinc selenium can solve it too

tara

Because I think I feel better when I supplement omega 3....less anxious I think.
Lowering PUFA levels can increase metabolic rate and increase nutritional requirements. Fuel, protein, minerals, vitamins.
If there are nutritional deficiencies, higher metabolism can deepen them. This can cause symptoms.
Taking things that slow the metabolism could reduce/improve the depth of the deficiency. This could improve some symptoms.

Peat's approach generally seems to be to meet the nutritional needs (preferably mainly with nutritious food), rather than to slow the metabolism, where possible.

OP
T

Trunks00

Lowering PUFA levels can increase metabolic rate and increase nutritional requirements. Fuel, protein, minerals, vitamins.
If there are nutritional deficiencies, higher metabolism can deepen them. This can cause symptoms.
Taking things that slow the metabolism could reduce/improve the depth of the deficiency. This could improve some symptoms.

Peat's approach generally seems to be to meet the nutritional needs (preferably mainly with nutritious food), rather than to slow the metabolism, where possible.
Then, do you think I am on the right way and I need eat more?....

I also have candida according to oat test (high arabinose)

Thank you

tara

Then, do you think I am on the right way and I need eat more?....
Hard to have any opinion on this without knowing how much of what you have already been eating.

Did you answer this from a couple of weeks ago anywhere?
Hi Trunk,

Have you spelled out somewhere how much you are eating? Roughly how many calories, how much protein etc?

Have you had a go at putting a few typical days eating into cronometer.com or similarto see roughly what micronutrients you are getting from your food, and what you might be missing? (Ignore their restrictive/low calories recommendations - they are not for recovery and healing, or even maintaining a healthy metabolism for most people.)

Reducing the PUFA load in your system could have had the effect of making some parts of your metabolism run more effectively in some ways. This can increase the need for nutrition, including some vitamins as well as calories.
If you are short of B-vits, or minerals, then speeding up metabolism can make these deficiencies worse.
If you happen also to be short of calories, then that would be an added stress.
This could potentially explain skin issues and anxiety.
I don't know that's what's going on with you, but worth looking at your nutritional intake to see whether you are covering it generously as the first step.

For skin repair and maintenance, B-vits, vit-C, zinc come to mind for me for skin, maybe fat soluble ones esp vit A, apparently johnwester above has reason to think selenium can be key? Cronometer or similar can give you a rough idea what you are getting from your food - you could track a few typical days.

I also have candida according to oat test (high arabinose)
Travis has recently written about chitinases in fresh pineapple being useful against candida. You could look up his posts on that.

OP
T

Trunks00

Hard to have any opinion on this without knowing how much of what you have already been eating.

Did you answer this from a couple of weeks ago anywhere?

For skin repair and maintenance, B-vits, vit-C, zinc come to mind for me for skin, maybe fat soluble ones esp vit A, apparently johnwester above has reason to think selenium can be key? Cronometer or similar can give you a rough idea what you are getting from your food - you could track a few typical days.

Travis has recently written about chitinases in fresh pineapple being useful against candida. You could look up his posts on that.
Hi,

Thank you for your time.

I eat around 2000 kcals and 80 grams of protein. The only thing is low according to cronometer is calcium because I dont tolerate dairy. I have positive igs for.EBV and Herpes but I dont know if ir is important.... I would like anyone could take a look to my tests....

Regards

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals