Vegetable Oils Make You Fat And Cause Chronic Disease

M

matisvijs

For anyone who’s looked into and reasearched the health effects of different omega-6 containing vegetable oils, you’ll quickly find that there’s a strong connection between all of them and the major degenerative diseases such as diabetes, cancer, heart disease, alzheimer’s and even obesity.

Here are a couple of excerpts from the full text studies that I found particularily interesting:

On obesity from Omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids and the early origins of obesity. - PubMed - NCBI:

‘Recent studies have emphasized the proadipogenic properties of the omega-6 PUFA, and provided evidence that rodents fed on diets with omega-6 PUFA contents similar to the typical US diet (6–8% energy) have an increased fat mass. Importantly, recent studies have shown that perinatal exposure to a high omega-6 PUFA diet results in a progressive accumulation of body fat across generations.’

On chronic disease from The importance of the omega-6/omega-3 fatty acid ratio in cardiovascular disease and other chronic diseases. - PubMed - NCBI:

Excessive amounts of omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) and a very high omega-6/omega-3 ratio, as is found in today’s Western diets, promote the pathogenesis of many diseases, including cardiovascular disease, cancer, and inflammatory and autoimmune diseases...’

On chronic disease from Health implications of high dietary omega-6 polyunsaturated Fatty acids. - PubMed - NCBI:

‘...high intake of n-6 PUFA, along with low intakes of n-3 PUFA, shifts the physiological state to one that is proinflammatory and prothrombotic with increases in vasospasm, vasoconstriction, and blood viscosity and the development of diseases associated with these conditions.’

So if you HAVE to cook with oil (which I don’ t recommend) using something like MCT oil or adding olive oil to salad might be less harmful compared to n-6 oils. Even then, fats in general, also those in olive oil have been connected to diabetes and MCT oil/coconut oil has some pretty potent cholesterol raising effects.

This is certainly common knowledge around here but I find that researching these connections on my own gives me a more complete understanding rather than just taking somebody’s word for it. I find it’s also easier to stay on a diet and avoid the harmful foods if you are constantly reading studies and seeing evidence everywhere on their negative effects yourself.

If you have more reaserch to add, I’d appreciate it.

Constatine

It seems like a lot of the general public are beginning to realize that vegetable oils are bad for you. There is some truth to the omega-6 / omega-3 ratio but it is also a scapegoat as companies don't want to blame the problems on PUFA in general.

I posted this a while back but its pretty relevant: https://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/446704 . It also talks about how vegetable oils interfere with the actions of vitamin K like statins.