You Cannot Digest & Utilize Food, Protein, Etc. -- Everything You Consume Is Worthless

Gone Peating

it’s a book that explains why life is worth living despite life being meaningless

ultimately camus (the author) explains how the meaninglessness of human life is similar to the greek tragic hero sisyphus, who was condemned by the gods to push a boulder up a mountain only to let it drop back down once he reached the top, over and over for eternity. camus explains that sisyphus revolts against his fate of punishment by being happy on his walk down the mountain back to the boulder once he drops it, enjoying nature and the time he has free from his burden. essentially the point of life is to just keep going, regardless of the meaninglessness and irrationality of the world. and finding time/small ways to be happy despite having to deal with long periods of suffering in life (the boulder)

although, he talks a lot more outside of sisyphus, all related to this similar topic

Life is not meaningless, the very existence of life refutes this nonsense.

Nihilism asserts that there is no truth, that nothing is absolutely true and therefore there is no meaning.

THIS IS PARADOXICAL AND SELF-DEFEATING

Nihilism and the claim that life is meaningless is the same as saying "It's true that nothing is true", a clearly self-defeating claim.

OP
MetabolicTrash
I agree. The general idea of nihilism seems to be explicitly conveying the idea to people to live on despite there being no purpose or meaning to living itself.

But isn't the very idea of living on and a will to do something universally giving weight to the idea that there then might be "a purpose?"

I mean does anybody live or exist without purpose? You can argue that they do, but the simple idea of existence can be purposeful on the face of existence alone. Is purpose an objective meaning of set or "pre-destiny" factors lining up and assuring this condition or "fact" -- or is purpose a more constructive leaning of what we might derive value or meaning from that might be origin/context/application based (like purpose in being from the origins of the universe's "blueprint" to a complex organism that has possibly involuntary effects on others and could be attributed as purposeful in that particular way of being, incidentally/randomly or not)?

I sometimes also feel that nihilism can be too fatalistic -- or possibly of a downtrodden/defeatist/helpless tone.

To say that you should be happy with no purpose and live might ironically prove that there is a purpose -- that you chose to live and be happy in the first place. If you find meaning in it you can rightfully argue it has a purpose, I guess (or even if you don't). Even if you don't see a purpose or do not believe there is one it seems clear that this is a Schrodinger's Cat kind of issue maybe.

You can say there is no purpose or set meaning in life from the scope of just matter or space or etc. in an isolated sense and I agree overall from the chaotic universe angle or big bang even if you look at it that way -- but the very drive in most living seems to beg the question on whether people really feel purposelessness is intrinsic in them/others as an individual or society/species or not universe-oriented sense (i.e. does your belief of living for no specific purpose prove no purpose is a fact of existence -- or maybe you prefer to see life as meaningless because you cannot attribute a specific factor or pre-condition that satisfies your idea of "purpose" in general).

If everything is for no reason, why not in the same breath see eveything for some reason then too? I mean it seems pretty logical and even not logical too from my impression of it. Even all of the disciples of science behind both sides can argue in favor of either -- the answer might just be what you want it to be rather than what something "supposedly is."

gaze

Life is not meaningless, the very existence of life refutes this nonsense.

Nihilism asserts that there is no truth, that nothing is absolutely true and therefore there is no meaning.

THIS IS PARADOXICAL AND SELF-DEFEATING

Nihilism and the claim that life is meaningless is the same as saying "It's true that nothing is true", a clearly self-defeating claim.

camus is not a nihilist he’s an absurdist. there’s a difference. Camus’ whole ideas are based that humans themselves are a contradiction, that we are reasonable in an unreasonable world, that we have truth in a truth less world. Absurdism is an acceptance of that and living on in spite of it. The point is to never look for the meaning of life cause you’ll never find it. accept the contradictions in life and do anything to keep living, taking in all the suffering and happiness life has to offer in each passing moment

Well that article is clearly wrong, it can easily be proven wrong, take vitamin d for instance say you get a blood test and you have a deficiency, now you start taking vitamin d supplements and you get a blood test in a few months you will see that your vitamin d levels have gone up.

Who decides what constitutes a "Vitamin D deficiency"? And how do we know that Vitamin D is the true underlying variable and that it's not something else?

Hormones definitely work look at bodybuilders.

Hormones will cause changes, yes, but I believe the OP is suggesting that hormones probably don't work in the sense that we think they work.

Gl;itch.e

Who decides what constitutes a "Vitamin D deficiency"? And how do we know that Vitamin D is the true underlying variable and that it's not something else?
Who decides? Well if you want the ultimate in utility vs authority than you need to decide for yourself. Did you increase intake and receive benefit?

Gone Peating

camus is not a nihilist he’s an absurdist. there’s a difference. Camus’ whole ideas are based that humans themselves are a contradiction, that we are reasonable in an unreasonable world, that we have truth in a truth less world. Absurdism is an acceptance of that and living on in spite of it. The point is to never look for the meaning of life cause you’ll never find it. accept the contradictions in life and do anything to keep living, taking in all the suffering and happiness life has to offer in each passing moment

How can you possibly say the universe is truthless.

The existence of math alone is enough to refute this. And please don’t say math is just a social construct

Gone Peating

Also OP, this thread is without doubt not legit in the slightest.

How would you explain gelatin taking away my shoulder pain within just a few days of daily consumption?

Did the same for my dad and also many other people.

Satellite

I believe death is a myth or illusion or something else -- my being alive still proves that.

But what about that article? Foods and vitamins not digested or working, including protein and etc. Has anyone here seen it yet? It is claiming that no vitamin or supplement or amino acid is broken down and used -- that the body makes everything it needs and thus no outside intervention does anything, from vitamins to hormones and etc.

Let me guess, these are the same people that probably say you should “love” your disease...

You should filter out 95% of information online.

One merely has to look at bodybuilders, athletes etc. for evidence that these people are wrong.

What they’re saying is grossly negligent and unethical.

Please ask them to explain why humans have stomachs...

I mean it’s ludicrous lol

As for what you are going through personally, try not to focus on your psychology too much. Having solid beliefs/values helps lead to positive psychology. However, psychology is a symptom, just a sign that something else is wrong.

You may be having a spiritual emergency which is not a bad thing, it’s a sign of growth. Most problems aren’t solved, their outgrown.

But focusing on psychology won’t solve your problems, because it creates a negative feedback loop. The more wrongs you fix, the more comes up to fix, it never ends, there’s always something else to fix.

Try finding or creating a higher purpose to your life, so you don’t feel like you’re simply existing.

A good book you might like is Toughness Training for Life.

Who decides? Well if you want the ultimate in utility vs authority than you need to decide for yourself. Did you increase intake and receive benefit?

Let's say I increase my intake and receive a benefit. How would I know it was actually the Vitamin D that is benefiting me and not one of the million other things that I failed to control for?

If this is happening the majority of the time, then OP could be correct; hormones, supplements, vitamins, minerals, etc. may be pretty much worthless.

Gl;itch.e

OP needs to get out of his head more.
Let's say I increase my intake and receive a benefit. How would I know it was actually the Vitamin D that is benefiting me and not one of the million other things that I failed to control for?

If this is happening the majority of the time, then OP could be correct; hormones, supplements, vitamins, minerals, etc. may be pretty much worthless.
Be more methodical then. Don't change 50 things at once if you want to control for a particular variable.

If there is one thing I will agree with in this vague philosophy of anti-reality, it is that "Mind over Matter" is a massive part of ones mental/physical well being. You can have the perfect diet, but if everything going on in your thoughts is junk then your health will still suffer. It is one thing that is usually overlooked around here. A "healthy" mind eating PUFA all day will probably still fair better health wise than an "unhealthy" mind restricting PUFA and eating nothing but health food.

gaze

How can you possibly say the universe is truthless.

The existence of math alone is enough to refute this. And please don’t say math is just a social construct

I'm talking more about social and political truth. Such as religion, which aims to give a truth of "why" which I, and Camus, don't believe in.

Jing

Well if someone gets a blood test and they have low levels of vitamin d they can take vitamin d and raise their levels and normally feel better for it, that's true low vitamin d can be caused by low magnesium and I'm sure other variables but if your low d is caused my magnesium then taking magnesium will raise your d levels which still proves vitamins and minerals work...

Hormones will cause changes, yes, but I believe the OP is suggesting that hormones probably don't work in the sense that we think they work.
What does that even mean? So what is op suggesting hormones do? I thought he was saying hormones don't work?

Ihor

@ScurveDream do you know what are the reason why you can't to digest food? Did you try something like betaine HCL, digestive proteolytic enzyms or bile salts? Even if you are not sure if they will help, just to check if they have any influence on you.

Well if someone gets a blood test and they have low levels of vitamin d they can take vitamin d and raise their levels and normally feel better for it

The increased vitamin d corresponding with the better feelings could easily be coincidental, as there are just too many possible causes for their feeling better.

, that's true low vitamin d can be caused by low magnesium and I'm sure other variables but if your low d is caused my magnesium then taking magnesium will raise your d levels which still proves vitamins and minerals work...

If something seemingly good happens in the short-run, then it "worked" in that sense, but if it causes other, long-run imbalances then can it really be said to have worked?

In your blood test example, if we increase magnesium levels, we still don't know the systemic effects of that adjustment.

What does that even mean? So what is op suggesting hormones do? I thought he was saying hormones don't work?

I can't speak for OP. But I take it to mean that supplementing hormones doesn't have any concrete long-run benefits.

OP needs to get out of his head more.

Be more methodical then. Don't change 50 things at once if you want to control for a particular variable.

We're constantly changing thousands of things at once. There is no way to control for even 50 variables.

If there is one thing I will agree with in this vague philosophy of anti-reality, it is that "Mind over Matter" is a massive part of ones mental/physical well being. You can have the perfect diet, but if everything going on in your thoughts is junk then your health will still suffer. It is one thing that is usually overlooked around here. A "healthy" mind eating PUFA all day will probably still fair better health wise than an "unhealthy" mind restricting PUFA and eating nothing but health food.

It's more than a massive part; it's the only part. Mind is everything. Your feelings are the only thing in this universe that you can be sure are real.

Jing

The increased vitamin d corresponding with the better feelings could easily be coincidental, as there are just too many possible causes for their feeling better.
Not really , if someone feels bad gets blood tests finds out they are low in vitamin d then takes vitamin d and feels better and test again and vitamin d is higher it's quite obvious it was the vitamin d supplements..
Same with say iron deficiency plenty of people feel bad with low iron they take iron and they start to feel better ..
If something seemingly good happens in the short-run, then it "worked" in that sense, but if it causes other, long-run imbalances then can it really be said to have worked?

In your blood test example, if we increase magnesium levels, we still don't know the systemic effects of that adjustment.
I think you are missing the point op was saying nutrients are useless and don't do anything saying we don't absorb them, if it causes imbalances that proves op wrong because the nutrients were doing something in the body and were being absorbed ...

I can't speak for OP. But I take it to mean that supplementing hormones doesn't have any concrete long-run benefits.
Well they do , there are people who have been on trt for years and feel better for it, there are bodybuilders who have taken steroids for years and are beasts because off it.

Gone Peating

I'm talking more about social and political truth. Such as religion, which aims to give a truth of "why" which I, and Camus, don't believe in.

My point is that the universe is clearly not unreasonable as Camus or any absurdists would assert. The existence of mathematics is enough to refute this.

The universe is perfectly reasonable and beautiful. The problem typically lies with us, not with the universe

LUH 3417

We're constantly changing thousands of things at once. There is no way to control for even 50 variables.

It's more than a massive part; it's the only part. Mind is everything. Your feelings are the only thing in this universe that you can be sure are real.
To your point, last night I broke out in hives all over my neck and chin. I was so frustrated I started crying. After some sobbing the hives and itching disappeared. Emotions are definitely very powerful, the vibrations that crying, laughing, emotional expression create can be more healing than any external substance as they come from inside and are easily integrated into the body.

Not really , if someone feels bad gets blood tests finds out they are low in vitamin d then takes vitamin d and feels better and test again and vitamin d is higher it's quite obvious it was the vitamin d supplements..

It's not obvious to me.

Same with say iron deficiency plenty of people feel bad with low iron they take iron and they start to feel better ..

Correlation is not causation.

I think you are missing the point op was saying nutrients are useless and don't do anything saying we don't absorb them, if it causes imbalances that proves op wrong because the nutrients were doing something in the body and were being absorbed ...

But if we don't know more than we know with regard to nutrients' absorption and their systemic effects, then we could very well be doing more harm than good by supplementing them.

That is to say, thinking we know more than we actually know about nutrients or steroids or anything else can lead to extremely bad outcomes. This is what I understood OP to mean by the term "useless".

Well they do , there are people who have been on trt for years and feel better for it, there are bodybuilders who have taken steroids for years and are beasts because off it.

If the goal is to feel better for a short while, then fine. If the goal is to "become a beast" very quickly, then fine. But if the goal is to, say, reverse aging, then trt and steroids seem pretty useless.

To your point, last night I broke out in hives all over my neck and chin. I was so frustrated I started crying. After some sobbing the hives and itching disappeared. Emotions are definitely very powerful, the vibrations that crying, laughing, emotional expression create can be more healing than any external substance as they come from inside and are easily integrated into the body.

Exactly.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals