How I Got Invincible To Sunburns And Why PUFA Isn't The Most Important Factor In My Opinion

Just go PUFA-free. Last Summer, I was exposed to extreme UV (close to the equator) for hours and had no sun burn despite avoiding sun protection creams / oil. This went well for a while.

But as we human are (or how I am), I was enjoying my holiday and ate lots of nutella and other PUFA sources. Next day I got a quick and good sunburn. :)

This was an anecdotal and clear proof for me that being PUFA-free is really protective.

But you know what's funny? I don't think PUFA is the most important thing to avoid.

Warning:
This is highly anecdotal and is not backed up by studies!

Despite my crappy diet, I felt much healthier there and energetic which I think is because of all the sun, beach and fresh air. I'm from an industrial city, most of the year it's cloudy and very cold here. The sun is visible for perhaps 2 or 3 months. Even the air smells different there. Heck, I'm fairly young but I feel 50 here. But when I was there, close to the equator at the beach... I felt alive, I felt 16 and went down from 16-18 % body fat to 12 % in weeks (despite not being PUFA-free or being on a nutritional dense diet). For a long time in my life (years), I had managed to sleep 8 - 10 hours a day there easily without waking up which isn't the case back at my industrial city. I wake up after 3 - 4 hours and need a bit to fall asleep again.

Pro's:

- Deep long sleeps
- Much leaner
- Increased muscle mass
- Feeling young
- Being very energetic
- Stronger libido
- Feeling healthier (less cloudy in the head, being more aware of colours, sound, beauty of life and so on)

My take on this? As important the avoidance of PUFA is... One should perhaps think of switching the environment if he doesn't feel any improvement. Since then, my goal has been to slowly move from the industrial city away to a place with a warmer climate, a beach and fresh air...

Last edited:

Aleeri

I totally agree, I used to take extended vacations from my office job to spend 2-3 months at a time travelling and doing nothing, just experiencing life at the max. I never felt as alive as when during these periods.

Later this resulted in me seeking to quit my job and change my income to an online passive type that enables me to live like this always.

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
I totally agree, I used to take extended vacations from my office job to spend 2-3 months at a time travelling and doing nothing, just experiencing life at the max. I never felt as alive as when during these periods.

Later this resulted in me seeking to quit my job and change my income to an online passive type that enables me to live like this always.

Beautiful.

Luckytype

I used to think people were exaggerating when they would say certain things or just plain wonky.

Ive made a huge effort to get as much sun as possible. Its January 99th in my area but hopefully it will be spring soon. Until then its laying in the window.

In the sun, things feel so different. My mind is clear, my thoughts are deliberate and calm. My physical body just craves the sun and honestly the moment I step out of it I feel different. It was never this way, only since feeling so poorly.

Its a major part feel good, be well type of living. Being in a geographical place that allows it is likely much healthier.

Sobieski

It's always interesting to note how as soon as the sun comes out in northern climates, everyone seems so much more up beat, friendly and positive.
I used to think people were exaggerating when they would say certain things or just plain wonky.

Ive made a huge effort to get as much sun as possible. Its January 99th in my area but hopefully it will be spring soon. Until then its laying in the window.

In the sun, things feel so different. My mind is clear, my thoughts are deliberate and calm. My physical body just craves the sun and honestly the moment I step out of it I feel different. It was never this way, only since feeling so poorly.

Its a major part feel good, be well type of living. Being in a geographical place that allows it is likely much healthier.

Yep. Just seeing the sun, waking up looking at it through the window is enough for endorphin production, as crazy as that may sound.

GAF

Welcome to the arriving Grand Solar Minimum. Cold and Dark and Dreary.

Regina

Solban is working wonderfully. I used to not be able to walk from the parking lot into a store in Florida without getting burnt and new brown spots.
I'm not getting brown spots on my hands at all.
Phew! This time, it is going to be difficult to say goodbye and return to Chicago.

A rare non-sunny day, but still a great place to nurse my lungs.

Attachments

• dog_beach_nsb1.jpeg
    dog_beach_nsb1.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 107
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals