Anecdote: stress and physical activity far more important too digestion than food

imei3489

im slightly embarrased it took me so many years to finally see the big picture. i stopped caring so much about what i ate, and i simply started eating based of how good my poop was- which means how often and are they easy to pass. this worked out great and i improved a lot, much more than when i focused on the nutritional value of the food. but after all this time it has become clear that my digestion is far more affected by mental stress and physical activity than what i actually eat. the final nail in the coffin was when i just went through a very stressfull week, and it felt like my stomach was being stabbed. even though i was eating great and walking a lot.
i believe that most people can greatly improve constipation by simply walking a lot. i know that during stressfull times, when i get constipated as a result by the stress, walking or running is vital. otherwise i wont go to the toilet every day.
the issue is that people simply dont walk enough. if you are very constipated, walking 2-3 hours a day or running for 30 minutes will really help out. this forum seems to have this idea that walking to much is bad. and theres kind of this dogma here that our bodies are so weak and we need to rest a lot and eat good food. we are made for walking FAR. it is how the body keeps in shape. ive even seen people here suggest that walking more than 2 hours is harmful. if you cant even walk 2 hours you are disabled imho.
ofc most people dont have time to walk 3 hours a day thats not what im saying. but i think walking and or running is very underrated when it comes to how often we poop.
i have noticed that when im stress free and happy, not only is my digestion way better, but i can even eat foods that would normally constipate me.
ive now realised that i wasnt as broken as i thought at all, as long as im stress free and walking at least an hour a day, i can eat just about anything. and when i dont experience any stress, i can also go all day without eating- blood sugar stays so stable. its crazy how just a simple stressfull event can instantly crash my blood sugar. i also feel amazing when i only eat 2 or 3 times a day. and by that i mean zero calories inbetween. being in ketosis works great for me. maybe its because im young, i guess most people arent able to eat tons of sugar and then enter ketosis in just half a day. but peating and ketosis works great for me at least.
ive also noticed, and this is crazy too see- waking up after a stressfull night my gut will be distended and i look pregnant. im very skinny.
but if ive had a stress free day i will wake up with a sunken in stomach with visible abs. i can see the veins on my abs on a good day, on a bad day you cant see anything but bloated skin.

just an anecdote.

OP
I

imei3489

You’re not entering ketosis that fast it’s impossible
when i did the keto diet, i would go two days without food. i can feel a clear change in metabolism when i havent eaten for a while. i know what it feels like to run on fat. the feeling that i get after not eating all day is the same as i did when eating no carbs and fasting.

Reminded me of this laugh:

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CTKlYyUlLUc/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Walking can make a difference though, no doubt.

shes just a boomer

Runenight201

I think you’re very correct, and to add onto this the majority of people in the developed nations sit far too much and rest on soft surfaces like couches and mattresses. I believe these external stimuli disrupt the proper flow of energy in the body, resulting in the modern human malady.

The best I ever feel is when I am active in an engaging pursuit, such as walking towards somewhere, singing, playing guitar, making love, playing, etc…

The worst? When im forced to sit all day and concentrate.

Looking for ways to be able sit all day and concentrate and not have it be such a degenerative event

cs3000

I believe that most people can greatly improve constipation by simply walking a lot. i know that during stressfull times, when i get constipated as a result by the stress, walking or running is vital. otherwise i wont go to the toilet every day.
the issue is that people simply dont walk enough. if you are very constipated, walking 2-3 hours a day or running for 30 minutes will really help out. this forum seems to have this idea that walking to much is bad. and theres kind of this dogma here that our bodies are so weak and we need to rest a lot and eat good food. we are made for walking FAR. it is how the body keeps in shape.
ofc most people dont have time to walk 3 hours a day thats not what im saying. but i think walking and or running is very underrated when it comes to how often we poop.
I posted a study recently that shows how bile acid secretion starts when ppl go for a 30 minute walk, body starts the prep for eating. So I guess it would make sense the body is signalled for a bowel movement too as it assumes meal time is coming up to make room. reasonable it could help

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals