Sunglasses alternatives for fashion and reduce squinting

thetaflow

Hi,

We know sunglasses mess receptors in the eyes, block natural light, and have other negative effects.

I do like the way they look though, and they help reduce squinting in bright environments.

What are some healthier alternatives that accomplish these fashion/function purposes?

Thanks.

LadyRae

I wear a visor if the Sun is super annoying, but I've noticed that you really do get used to not wearing sunglasses. Of course, there's nothing holding you back from wearing some cool looking sunglasses once in awhile when you are in a social setting and you have someone to impress 😉

OP
T

thetaflow

I wear a visor if the Sun is super annoying, but I've noticed that you really do get used to not wearing sunglasses. Of course, there's nothing holding you back from wearing some cool looking sunglasses once in awhile when you are in a social setting and you have someone to impress 😉
Haha yes exactly ;) I don't even own a pair, haven't ever worn them, but do think I look cool in them. Pinhole glasses in the shape of Aviators look interesting, but I think vision is too dark in them.

LadyRae

Haha yes exactly ;) I don't even own a pair, haven't ever worn them, but do think I look cool in them. Pinhole glasses in the shape of Aviators look interesting, but I think vision is too dark in them.
I love aviators too, I do have one pair from Blenders that has all these cool rainbow colors on the lens...

The only problem with my visors is that when I'm hiking I have been known to walk into a tree limb or something because it obscures my peripheral vision, plus I'm tall so nobody else in my group would have hit the branch ahead of me 🙄

frannybananny

Hats. I like hats.
I, too, like hats....visors still leave the top of your head exposed...don't want any BCCs up there! I like a nice brimmed hat with a string on it so you can wear it in the wind... think sailboat. I used to sometimes run my head into things like @LadyRae but I'm so used to the ever present hat now that I don't do that anymore. I also wear big sunglasses on the water/sea to prevent cataracts.

LadyRae

I, too, like hats....visors still leave the top of your head exposed...don't want any BCCs up there! I like a nice brimmed hat with a string on it so you can wear it in the wind... think sailboat. I used to sometimes run my head into things like @LadyRae but I'm so used to the ever present hat now that I don't do that anymore. I also wear big sunglasses on the water/sea to prevent cataracts.
BCCs???

I specifically choose visors because they are open on top. That way I don't get too hot. And I have a ton of hair so a lot of times I have a big messy bun piled up on top and then I wear a visor around it all...

Apple

I think squinting eyes can contribute to hair loss.
Sensitivity to bright light due eyesight deterioration (because of age or spending too much time in the library) makes you squint and strain your muscles on temples.
Put your fingers on temples and squint, you will feel how skin turns tight and stretched.

OP
T

thetaflow

I think squinting eyes can contribute to hair loss.
Sensitivity to bright light due eyesight deterioration (because of age or spending too much time in the library) makes you squint and strain your muscles on temples.
Put your fingers on temples and squint, you will feel how skin turns tight and stretched.
I'd say that's a stretch, but thanks for sharing. I like to make wild parallels too.

Apple

I'd say that's a stretch, but thanks for sharing. I like to make wild parallels too.
In hypothyroid people (with low tempereture) everything is possible. With onset of hypothyroidism by 30, Galea becomes stiff and tight (same as with delayed Achilles-tendon reflex) and it doesn't relax completely. Eyes often become myopic after 30 too ( also due to stiffness of iris sphincter muscle or whatever), so straining eye muscles or jaw puts too much stress on stiff galea, skin overstreches with time with possible hairloss.

frannybananny

BCCs???

I specifically choose visors because they are open on top. That way I don't get too hot. And I have a ton of hair so a lot of times I have a big messy bun piled up on top and then I wear a visor around it all...
BCCs are Basil Cell Carcinomas....I've had several on my poor Irish skin through the years but am learning to prevent them. I have talked to several balding men who have gotten them right on the top of their heads, had surgery etc...anything to prevent the BCC from burrowing into their scalps and into the lining of their brains. Even though BCCs don't metastisize as easily to other parts of the body as Squamous, SCCs, they can do their own damage. A wide brimmed hat will protect the sides of your face as well as the top of your head but good for you on the bun!

David PS

I like both hats (wide brimmed) and visors during my the mid-day sun exposure. However, I prefer visors. They both prevent squinting . Sometimes sunglasses are not enough
Fuv7hi7WYAEJ2QD

Either way, having a low PUFA diet is the important.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LImgzRd4e_8

frannybananny

I like both hats (wide brimmed) and visors during my the mid-day sun exposure. However, I prefer visors. They both prevent squinting . Sometimes sunglasses are not enough
Fuv7hi7WYAEJ2QD

Fuv7hi7WYAEJ2QD

I also appreciate the video on seed oils and sunburn but if you look at this man he has dark skin and dark eyes, dark hair. He peobably doesn't sunburn much anyway. But to contrast a very white skinned person, very light grey/green eyes, blond/red hair, naturally sunburns easily.... I wonder how much cutting out all seed oils would help them....me? I haven't eaten seed oils in years, only cook in avocado or coconut oil.... probably have a little pufa in mayo but that's it. The sun is not my friend and it's a cryin' shame!

OP
T

thetaflow

Fuv7hi7WYAEJ2QD

I actually clicked on this vid as well. Hadn't watched Saladino in a while, and holy ***t, did he age fast, wtf? The man looks terrible! Anyone else notice?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals