Nothing in life comes free

Makrosky

Like this

Also I've read about your experience with aluminium foil, thought maybe special emf blocking fabric could be any better
No man. In most urban cases it bounces and can be much worse.

leeteeh

I currently have an issue with high rf levels from solar panels facing my apartment.
What do people think about a bought or made faraday canopy/cage for the bed? Including the material going under the mattress so it’s a sealed cube not just fabric over the top of bed which I assume would still allow emf from under.
I’m up for trying to breaker switches and already turn off wifi plus have a low emf low rate pulsing meter, I use blushield and somavedic if they even make a difference I couldn’t say.
But being in an apartment with neighbours wires and wifi and so on plus this high emf solar panels I’m thinking my next best option is a faraday cage for my bed. I see people mention the total blockage from bad and also good frequencies can be bad…
Would a mattress with springs enclosed in the faraday be bad?
Hoping to get some suggestion to I can do my best to help my situation.

not a single person so far said "hey I'm gonna try the night time experiment for three days and report back"
I'm not now in a position to consider it, but I am at least theoretically interested in constructing an actual solid Faraday cage inside the walls of my residence, covering the bedroom, for example. However I wonder if I would rob myself of any beneficial frequencies, or, if by sleeping in such energetically solitary confinement, I would do harm to the body in some unknown way, or else disrupt more subtle functions of the spirit.

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

I currently have an issue with high rf levels from solar panels facing my apartment.
What do people think about a bought or made faraday canopy/cage for the bed? Including the material going under the mattress so it’s a sealed cube not just fabric over the top of bed which I assume would still allow emf from under.
I’m up for trying to breaker switches and already turn off wifi plus have a low emf low rate pulsing meter, I use blushield and somavedic if they even make a difference I couldn’t say.
But being in an apartment with neighbours wires and wifi and so on plus this high emf solar panels I’m thinking my next best option is a faraday cage for my bed. I see people mention the total blockage from bad and also good frequencies can be bad…
Would a mattress with springs enclosed in the faraday be bad?
Hoping to get some suggestion to I can do my best to help my situation.
Your biggest source of exposure is your smartphone and your computer, regardless if they are connected to the internet or not.
The second most important source is dirty electricity on the wiring in your home or work environment, which can be caused by various devices or it can come from neighbors as in the case of solar panels. Solar panels shouldn't be facing your apartment, they should be facing the sun. They don't give off RF. It's usually the inverters that convert DC into AC, they inject electromagnetic interference (EMI) into the wiring and this can come from your neighbor or even a few houses away and radiate through your wiring. So you can call it RF I guess. Faraday canopies are not a solution, you should first check the level of dirty electricity on your wiring with absolutely everything unplugged (using the pocket AM radio is easiest). But you have to make sure that literally everything is unplugged. You may have a gas or smoke detector hidden somewhere in your kitchen or on the ceiling - those are notorious for creating dirty electricity. Try to turn off the breaker panel completely at night and see how you feel. If you turn off your wifi or worry about wifi but still carry a smartphone on your body then you're just lying to yourself. You might as well turn it back on.

If you turn off your wifi or worry about wifi but still carry a smartphone on your body then you're just lying to yourself.
Given your extreme concern I don't understand the dismissal of Faraday cages and derivative forms thereof. You prefer negative (i.e., subtractive) solutions like removing oneself from civilization, or removing all power from one's vicinity, but as a positive (i.e., additive) solution real Faraday cages are absolutely unparalleled in their EMF attenuation.
Do you have experience using Faraday cages more substantial than canopies, cellphone bags, clothing with silver thread, etc.? Do you question the academic/corporate claims of Faraday cage efficacy? What am I missing?

Nick

I'm not now in a position to consider it, but I am at least theoretically interested in constructing an actual solid Faraday cage inside the walls of my residence, covering the bedroom, for example. However I wonder if I would rob myself of any beneficial frequencies, or, if by sleeping in such energetically solitary confinement, I would do harm to the body in some unknown way, or else disrupt more subtle functions of the spirit.
Blocking out the natural EM resonances of the earth and the daily and seasonal cycles of these resonances may be unhealthy, doing so in some animal experiments caused the animals to lose the 24 hour circadian rhythm and disrupted seasonal behaviors, which were restored just by adding an antenna to the enclosure. Cell mitosis and other cycles in the body are to some degree tuned to these EM resonances and cycles and might also be disrupted. The question is then if the non native electromagnetic pollution that you would otherwise be exposed to is worse for you than the blockage of these natural resonances.

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

Given your extreme concern I don't understand the dismissal of Faraday cages and derivative forms thereof. You prefer negative (i.e., subtractive) solutions like removing oneself from civilization, or removing all power from one's vicinity, but as a positive (i.e., additive) solution real Faraday cages are absolutely unparalleled in their EMF attenuation.
Do you have experience using Faraday cages more substantial than canopies, cellphone bags, clothing with silver thread, etc.? Do you question the academic/corporate claims of Faraday cage efficacy? What am I missing?
That is because Faraday cages do not block the negative effects of EMFs on biological systems. Besides electric and magnetic there is a 3rd component of EMFs that cannot be shielded. It has to do with the polarization of the elementary particle spin. Mainstream science is starting to recognize the existence of these fields under different names but all referring to the same - such as, non-classical electromagnetic waves, longitudinal waves, Tesla waves, scalar waves etc.
Living in a Faraday cage is more extreme than getting rid of your smartphone.
If you're thinking to use a Faraday cage while you sleep, I recommend you try turning off the whole breaker panel instead. This way you can enjoy the comfort of the whole house.
Unless you live very close to 4G-5G base stations, the RF coming from outside is the least of your problems compared to what comes on the wiring in your house, every device that you have plugged in, any screen you are looking at, any computer you are using, any smartphone you are holding in your hand in direct contact to the millions of nerve endings from the skin, etc.
I mentioned a few times in this thread that the experiment is only meant to make us aware of the true price we are paying for the luxuries of technology. Then you can rethink and dose your exposure accordingly.
More than 50,000 studies about the deleterious effects of EMF on all aspects of biology, and most people here are still obsessed about PUFA.

catan

Fascinating thread, thank you for all this information. I have taken months off my smartphone and feel the difference right away now when using it for short periods when needed. My head starts hurting almost immediately, I feel agitated, and my hands get tingly. I don't carry it around anymore.

I really want to try turning off the breaker at night. Trying to get my spouse on board. We go camping every summer so I can understand the difference turning off the electricity can make. I also grew up in the 90s and have that perspective of having observed healthier people. I feel sad my children won't have that.... this is the norm for them.

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

Fascinating thread, thank you for all this information. I have taken months off my smartphone and feel the difference right away now when using it for short periods when needed. My head starts hurting almost immediately, I feel agitated, and my hands get tingly. I don't carry it around anymore.

I really want to try turning off the breaker at night. Trying to get my spouse on board. We go camping every summer so I can understand the difference turning off the electricity can make. I also grew up in the 90s and have that perspective of having observed healthier people. I feel sad my children won't have that.... this is the norm for them.
Yes. The first thing that is felt is a change in brainwaves. Then, either a head pressure or headache and decreased mental clarity The function and health of virtually every organ system is impacted. The body will quickly adapt but it comes at a cost to energy metabolism and you will not feel the same as without exposure. It becomes a constant burden that you have to deal with. It becomes a new normal and you forget what it's like to feel amazing. You'll blame it on job stress, PUFA, xenobiotics etc but those are a lesser contributor. You'll need to increase calories consumption which comes with its own drawbacks. It only takes days of distancing for the body to downregulate and return to a normal state. But almost nobody is willing to try that. The fact that the sources of exposure are multiple and very insidious makes it even more complicated.

catan

Yes. The first thing that is felt is a change in brainwaves. Then, either a head pressure or headache and decreased mental clarity The function and health of virtually every organ system is impacted. The body will quickly adapt but it comes at a cost to energy metabolism and you will not feel the same as without exposure. It becomes a constant burden that you have to deal with. It becomes a new normal and you forget what it's like to feel amazing. You'll blame it on job stress, PUFA, xenobiotics etc but those are a lesser contributor. You'll need to increase calories consumption which comes with its own drawbacks. It only takes days of distancing for the body to downregulate and return to a normal state. But almost nobody is willing to try that. The fact that the sources of exposure are multiple and very insidious makes it even more complicated.

For sure I feel the effects immediately following use of an iPhone. The tingling and agitation feel even more pronounced the longer I don't use one. I am now wondering how could I have used these devices for a decade without noticing?

Medvedev

After smartphone abstinense for 3 weeks (max 5-10 mins daily exposure) used it today for all day long. Now feeling lethargic, not wanna do something at all. Emf is a real thing for sure.

peter88

After smartphone abstinense for 3 weeks (max 5-10 mins daily exposure) used it today for all day long. Now feeling lethargic, not wanna do something at all. Emf is a real thing for sure.
How did you feel after 3 weeks of not using it? Why did you go back?

Medvedev

How did you feel after 3 weeks of not using it? Why did you go back?
Feeling ok. However the place where i live and sleep isnt ideal. There are a lot of noises on am radio 1.7-1.2 Mhz. If i understand this correct, that means high dirty electricity levels.
And no, dont wanna go back. Will mostly use my dumbphone further

purple pill

Since reading your threads @miquelangeles and doing some experiments I've definitely noticed the effects of minimising emf. Its very difficult to keep it up though in this day and age unless you live alone or out in the wilderness. I think the biggest concern is the use of mobile phones (due to proximity, holding for hours and carrying in pocket) which personally I can't really live without.. I've found a cheap compromise that others may find useful.... Sar ratings which all mobile phones must undergo seems to be a reasonable test for radiation. A lot of mobile phones manufacturers don't care about lowering levels and do the bare minimum to pass the limits imposed by the countries authorities. Iirc Germany has a lot higher standards for keeping sar ratings low. From my research Samsung seems to be the best company for lowering radiation levels emitted by phones, the further you go back looking at their phone ratings the lower their radiation levels. I've been using a Samsung galaxy s4 for the past couple months which has 1/3 the radiation levels of my last smart phone (honor 8s) not only that i Installed lineageos operating system which basically gets rid of all the bloatware that comes with phones a lot of which run in the background even if you turn them off in setting, I found my old phone constantly ran Bluetooth even when switched off in settings ,as it would be turned on by an app I had no control over. The phone is very functional and even managed to sideload the android 11 google play store so its basically has all the functionality of my old phone. The only downside I've found is battery life being only 2600mah, but their are upgrades that would give better battery life than modern phones. Sidenote...while researching this i noticed the sar levels of phones made for the US market have a lot higher sar ratings than those of EU, not sure why this is but may have to be taken in to consideration.

FitnessMike

Hi fam,

A while ago when i had EMF meter, i carefully assessed my flat as well as office space, and using this "pricier" version of EMF meter, I found out that whether its WIFI router, phones, cables inside the wall, outside the wall, microwave, big incandescent bulb, the EMF radiation was negligible from around 1 meter away from whatever i was tested.

Fitbit, and old earbuds weren't emitting anything, compared to the newer iPhone earbuds.

Using a portable radio would be similar to using an EMF meter?

The part, where you talk about smartphones, is eye-opening, especially considering that I mostly use it to do nonsensical things.

Nick

Hi fam,

A while ago when i had EMF meter, i carefully assessed my flat as well as office space, and using this "pricier" version of EMF meter, I found out that whether its WIFI router, phones, cables inside the wall, outside the wall, microwave, big incandescent bulb, the EMF radiation was negligible from around 1 meter away from whatever i was tested.

Fitbit, and old earbuds weren't emitting anything, compared to the newer iPhone earbuds.

Using a portable radio would be similar to using an EMF meter?

The part, where you talk about smartphones, is eye-opening, especially considering that I mostly use it to do nonsensical things.
The question is, what level is "negligible," because for higher RF and microwave frequencies the natural level the cells evolved to cope with is basically zero. There are biological effects as low as or lower than .00001 uW/m2, a level that will be exceeded virtually everywhere now. Since some of the damage is done by the effect of the cells and body tuning in to the signal rather than the amplitude of the signal, a more powerful signal does not always equal more damage.

An AM radio will pick up radio frequency EMF in the kHz range, which no meter I am aware of will measure, but it will not give a numerical idea of signal strength but rather will just translate to sound whatever signal is coming through loudest. At a low level of artificial kHz signal it will sound like static with possibly some thunder noises depending on the weather in your region. At a high level the sound will not be much louder than at a medium level, which is actually more analogous to how the body recieves the signal than looking at numbers. Most artificial EMF in this range is from "dirty electricity"/high frequency votage transients broadcast by electrical wires.

Most EMF meters only measure a very narrow band, for example 1-100 Hz (LF) or 800 mHz-8 gHz (RF/microwave).

Medvedev

There is a feeling, when you listen to AM noises in your bedroom and find music

peter88

Bumping this thread. Has anybody successfully quit using their smartphone? How did it go?

Nick

Bumping this thread. Has anybody successfully quit using their smartphone? How did it go?
I can't get rid of my smartphone completely because it is necessary to do my job. But I do not use if for anything non-essential and it is never in my house or near enough to me to raise the level of RF above the amount already present from the cell towers if I am not actively calling or texting. I am usually exposed to it's radiation for between one and 15 minutes per day. After a year of being really strict about this, I would say for me it makes a pretty big difference, especially in improving blood sugar regulation, mood and inflammation.

I do not use it for an alarm because bizarrely even in airplane mode it causes high adrenaline sleep disturbances in the middle of the night if it was in the room when I was sleeping. Some newer phones emit bluetooth signal even in airplane mode but mine is 10 years old and does not so it's strange but I have confirmed it many times.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals