Starch Negatively Impacts My Sense Of Well Being More Than Any Other Food

Does starch negatively effect your sense of well being

• Yes it gives me a negative effect

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • No starch doesn’t give me any negative effects

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

jpgio

I cut out starch for a week and was feeling amazing. Decided to go out to eat and ate a starchy meal and instantly felt horrible. I do not do well with starch. Didn’t realize how profound of an effect it had on me.

Gl;itch.e

What was the meal? Chances are there were other variables involved

Waremu

Very well cooked purple/white sweet potatoes is the only exception for me. White rice is okay, but only for a day or two. If I eat white rice for a prolonged period of time, it drags me down. With sweet potatoes that are very well cooked, I notice very little to no problems. In fact, they digest more like fruits for me than the other heavy starchy carbs, despite being starchy carbs. But even then, I still feel best with just fruit as my carb source. Lately I have been using fruit, but adding just a touch of dextrose powder, just enough to increase the glucose part of the glucose to fructose ratio for some of the higher fructose to glucose fruits that I eat. Wild blueberries and cherries that are cooked in their juice with some dextrose added pairs very well with meat/low PUFA fish like cod/lobster. It adds nutrition from the fruit so the dextrose is absorbed best, and I am not really displacing many nutrients with the little bit of dextrose that I add to just increase the glucose to fructose ratio a bit. This seems to be what works best for me, especially body composition wise (I have been cutting/leaning out).

jet9

I cut out starch for a week and was feeling amazing. Decided to go out to eat and ate a starchy meal and instantly felt horrible. I do not do well with starch. Didn’t realize how profound of an effect it had on me.
What did you eat ? Different sources of starch effect me differently.

OP
jpgio

jpgio

What was the meal? Chances are there were other variables involved
It was a flatbread pizza that was pretty much made from scratch so yeah definitely other factors involved for sure I can agree with that. I feel better from just potatoes cooked in coconut oil but even still I get foggy, heavy, and my digestion is super sluggish. I feel best when I replace any starches with chocolate milk and fruit. :)

Gl;itch.e

How do you feel with other high fat foods? Do you respond ok to Cheese? It may be simply a digestion issue with a large calorie load from Carbs and Fats.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals