In Defense of Starch - TCM and eating many cold/damp foods (fruit/milk) seems to be anti-metabolic ?

aniciete

I agree. Fruit, milk and Thai coconut water warm me up like nothing else. For breakfast I had a kilo of grapes, a liter of milk and a liter of coconut water and just finished shoveling snow in flip-flops and a t-shirt. The only time meat and starch warm me up is when I consume them while they’re hot and even then, it’s only while I’m eating them—I’m freezing and needing to pee frequently within a half hour of finishing a meal of them because they crash my blood sugars. If I consume fruit, milk and coconut water having just taken them out of the fridge, I’m freezing for about 15 minutes afterwards and then toasty warm. Except for watermelon, consuming all three at room temperature, I experience no drop in my temp, only an increase. I’m usually always cold while consuming watermelon, but I rarely find one that is actually sweet and not just a water bomb so that’s likely a factor—too much water crashes my sugars.
Do you mind sharing the brand of coconut water you use? Thanks!

Jennifer

@aniciete, my favorite brand of coconut water is Symbiosis (Symbiosis – Truly Raw Coconut Water) but it’s too costly for me to have as my sole source so I supplement it with Harmless Harvest and Trader Joe’s coconut water in the refrigerated section.