Autism, Charcoal, Endotoxin, My Experience

Soren

Forum Supporter
I actually bought a finer powder from charcoal house before health natura put out their more granular product. I think next time I'll go for granular to reduce persorption risk.

I actually bought both the health natura and the charcoal house fine powder, still don't have them because i'm waiting for them to arrive. Will do a comparison when I get them. I have to say I'm not entirely sold on the persorption risk, I can't much info on it in general and no info whatsoever when it comes to charcoal. Just a quote from ray peat saying that the fine powder will likely cause persorption. But how bad is that really? If charcoal is absorbed through the intestine does it stay in the body forever? Does it have documented negative effects? As far as I can tell the vast majority of people consume charcoal in a fine powdered form and broadly speaking they report benefits. I'm not saying there aren't downsides to persorption but could it largely depend on what is being absorbed.

Also many have reported that fine has a more profound affect than granulated.

tara

I actually bought both the health natura and the charcoal house fine powder, still don't have them because i'm waiting for them to arrive. Will do a comparison when I get them. I have to say I'm not entirely sold on the persorption risk, I can't much info on it in general and no info whatsoever when it comes to charcoal. Just a quote from ray peat saying that the fine powder will likely cause persorption. But how bad is that really? If charcoal is absorbed through the intestine does it stay in the body forever? Does it have documented negative effects? As far as I can tell the vast majority of people consume charcoal in a fine powdered form and broadly speaking they report benefits. I'm not saying there aren't downsides to persorption but could it largely depend on what is being absorbed.

Also many have reported that fine has a more profound affect than granulated.
I think the problem with particles is that they can travel through capillaries and get stuck in the tiniest of them, blocking them. And that the body doesn't have effective ways to remove them. How much this happens with charcoal I don't know. I'm guessing the charcoal does more good than harm if there is an issue for it to address, even if there is some risk of persorption.

The main reason I'm not using it regularly ATM is that I have medicines I take twice daily, and I don't want the charcoal to steal them.